DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

So downgrading Hall.

Who's the safest bet out of these 2 playing rookies this week?

Elton (Richmond) or Murdoch (Geelong).

Take a punt on who'll play at least 3? Heading towards Elton just because he's listed to play and it looks like Murdoch might be an emergency.

Broughton?? With he and Hargrave in my def, and Darley dropped, I'm very glad Sam Shaw has been named. Got a feeling I'll need that back emg.

I'm a bit worried that Broughts will miss, yes.

And there is actually some doubt on Shaw as well. Almost thinking I should go Spurr emg as he'd be the likely one to come in if Broughts is out.

So downgrading Hall.

Who's the safest bet out of these 2 playing rookies this week?

Elton (Richmond) or Murdoch (Geelong).

Take a punt on who'll play at least 3? Heading towards Elton just because he's listed to play and it looks like Murdoch might be an emergency.

I suspect Elton will be dropped when Vickery comes back, which could be next week. I don't like Murdoch much either, but if he gets selected I might end up downgrading to him. Neither is safe.

Both traveled though so there must be some players in doubt.

I wouldn't read too much into it, Peel have the bye in the WAFL and Freo usually take first year players on trips in these cases.

But you're right, Broughton could be a late out. Ross has played a pretty straight bat with late inclusions this year though, think the last time was in Round 4 against the Saints!

Couch, Newell, Shenton, Baguley, King-Wilson, Schloithe, Papertalk, Mcintyre.

Kerridge, Weardon, Allen, Brown,

All the mid/Forward rookies that are on DT. Top line are 85k and bottom 98k

Are any of them likely to get a game at all? Not that it matters cos main thing is DPP link purposes but may as well try.

Gibson JS is so bad, may as well take a DPP

Wilson-King just came back from injury and played ressies, while Papertalk is next to no chance breaking into the Eagles.

Schloithe has shown a bit at WAFL level and was our player of the round a couple of weeks ago, but he lacks consistency. Has an AFL-ready body, but I still wouldn't think he'll get a game barring some horror run of injuries (touch wood!)

Maybe Wilson
Wilson-King just came back from injury and played ressies, while Papertalk is next to no chance breaking into the Eagles.

Schloithe has shown a bit at WAFL level and was our player of the round a couple of weeks ago, but he lacks consistency. Has an AFL-ready body, but I still wouldn't think he'll get a game barring some horror run of injuries (touch wood!)
Maybe Wilson-King then

Was thinking Baguley, Don't really know why though.

Nah don't get Wilson-King, he's more of a project and won't play.
I really don't expect any of them to play though.

But having Zorko and Treloar able to cover mids by the link created is better than having Gibson as my back up mid. So really just a formality unless things go badly. A risk I am willing to take and hope things don't go too pear shaped.

I'm calling it early. Andrew McInnes (104k) rookie defender to debut for the Blues this week. Has been killing it for weeks for the Northern Blues! Taller version of Laidler but with more run. Similar type to Birchall if I had to compare him to a senior player.

Ok, so I called it a week too early. But good to see McInness finally getting a run this week. :thumbsu: JS should be half decent in the short term, especially since Bootsma somehow managed to play 5 games this year. :confused:

Ok, so I called it a week too early. But good to see McInness finally getting a run this week. :thumbsu: JS should be half decent in the short term, especially since Bootsma somehow managed to play 5 games this year. :confused:

im considering mcinnes this week,
but only for bench cover with waters and goddard missing and townsend and spurr on the pine,
not sure if its worth it,
might just cop a zero for goddard and hope waters pulls up ok.

have my eye on mcintyre from adelaide who is also a DPP and
sutcliffe for dockers might be ok if he is named again

any other rookies worth considering this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am too calling it early, this is the week for eliott kavanagh.

been shredding it for the gold for weeks. played well today for 3 quarters today up in shepparton, hird had a chat to the coaching staff at the break and he sat out the last on the bench. cotton wool for next week i think.

a few midfield options starting to pop up this week.

bulldogs mid jason johannisen has been upgraded and looks set to play this week
mark baguley from essendon is a mid/back dpp who has been upgraded and earmarked to play,
tim mcintyre from the crows was decent last week and he's a 85k fwd/mid
jordan murdoch from geelong has also played 2 but can he keep his spot?

anyone have some better info on these guys?

im looking to cash in on mcdonald but want a mid that will play the most games

Muz Newman is on the bubble too, and with Waters, Shuey & Lynch out he should get a game for a couple of weeks more. Would I be wrong to assume this?

I don't like Newman's job security at all. Will be a gun but at the moment he is too young and doesn't have a great tank so even if he stays in the team, he will end up sub more often than not and have a couple of weeks rest as well. Might be safe this week with the injuries and suspensions but would stay away.

Re-elevated and definitely playing on Saturday. Will Channel 7 be upset by this early announcement?:D
I should have known he would somehow find a way of playing after I trade him out! :confused: (Traded him out to Gibson when he was put back on the rookie list) Oh well at least I still have him in SC. :rolleyes:

It'll be an irrelevant perk for most people.

You won't have the trades to cash him in and you should have the depth not to use him.

I don't really intend on cashing him in since I'm pretty much done with my team, he's just there now in case a guy is injured or dropped for a week that I can just put him in there if my first cover is also out of action

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back