DT rucks 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

a few of my 'quirky' ideas for the rucks.

strategy1: the West Coast tactic
1. Cox
2. Seaby
3. Naitanui
4. Wilson

strategy2: the Sydney tactic
1. Jolly
2. White
3. Currie
4. Pyke

pure madness or pure genius. :):D

a few of my 'quirky' ideas for the rucks.

strategy1: the West Coast tactic
1. Cox
2. Seaby
3. Naitanui
4. Wilson

strategy2: the Sydney tactic
1. Jolly
2. White
3. Currie
4. Pyke

pure madness or pure genius. :):D

I'd cringe at the thought of Seaby in my team. The Sydney one is interesting. Jolly as your best ruckman isn't that ideal though, surely.

hello BW4PM,
nice to see ya once again

the thought process behind this strategy is to always have insurance
consider this:
Cox and Seaby both play... no problem
Cox misses, Seaby plays... suddenly Seaby will become no.1 ruck (increased scoring), Naitanui comes in as cover.
Cox plays, Seaby misses... Naitanui cover
Cox and Seaby both miss... Naitanui comes in as no.1 ruck (increased scoring), and maybe Wilson (although WCE would probably play Q.Lynch in the ruck i suppose)

this way, it might actually stop you from getting 0 in the rucks.
just a crazy thought i had.

hello BW4PM,
nice to see ya once again

I'm always here mate, just tend to avoid the "rate my team" threads these days. Hope your p/s research is in full swing.

how about:
1. Cox
2. White
3. Currie
4. Pyke

do you think that has merit ?

if Cox misses you're a player short.

I'll admit the idea of White/Currie/Pyke scoring 40s for you each week is a little crazy, but its a relatively cheap option with good cover for sure.

Indeed a quirky idea, but I think it sometimes pays to be *somewhat* conventional. ;)

So that your posts arnt subjected to negative judgement from others due to whats happened in the past...

Not much point though... everyone can spot his posts from a mile away.
Therefore if people know who he is, then the abuse will continue and he will only gain respect through legitimate means (self improvement; less posts, at a higher quality level).
Shortcuts like changing username were never going to work.
Having said that, I think his next username should be Penlybury.

p.s. bw4pm,

are you buying Beau Waters this year ?

he's in contention for my squad, but i'm probably favouring Adcock, Drummond and Malceski

I had him in serious consideration right until his elbow complications surfaced once again. He'll definitely miss the first few rounds, some suggest he'll be out until halfway through the season. I hope for his sake that he can get himself fit...in time for next year ;)

p.s. bw4pm,

are you buying Beau Waters this year ?

he's in contention for my squad, but i'm probably favouring Adcock, Drummond and Malceski

Contention for the best player sitting on your bench?

I think you should favour Adcock or Malceski... Maybe Drummond if you want a player that can join Waters at any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think having seen the impressive first up performance of Jacobs last night, i'm now set to have 'The Sauce' as my 4th ruckman. Gun! Just hope Ratten and the board decide for him to be a nominated rookie so that he is eligible to be picked from round 1 onwards, rather than having to wait until round 11 before he gets a look in as per the new AFL rookie rules.

Big difference though - Meesen was 86k, Spencer is only 75k. You can have Spencer as your 4th ruck, and still not be wasting any cash.

Remember Meesen from last year? Beware the Melbourne rucks..

TBH if he plays as a 4th ruck, it'd just be a bonus.

But with White retiring, he'd get some opportunities if elevated or when Jamar/Johnson are out. Meesen is just a spud, yesterday's team selection shows he has already overtaken him. :eek:

Why no mention of Josh Fraser? He's been around the mark as one of the better rucks on offer - had a poor 2008 due to injury, but if he stays fit there's no reason he can't average 85-90. At only 30k more than Mcintosh, who seems to be everyone's second ruck, I think he's much better value, particularly when you consider their respective TOG.

Hey do any of you guys feel that due to the uprise in rookie ruckmen (Orreal, Pyke, Spencer and Jacobs) getting game time in NAB and Currie being injured warrants having two absolute basement rookie Ruckmen rather than forking out 10K for slightly better security?

Difference between 86k ruckman and 72k is that one is on rookie list (and thus has to be elevated) and one is not. Rookies arnt elevated unless there is a LTI usually, so are much less likely to get games than a 86ker.

Difference between 86k ruckman and 72k is that one is on rookie list (and thus has to be elevated) and one is not. Rookies arnt elevated unless there is a LTI usually, so are much less likely to get games than a 86ker.

which is why i don't rate the likes of Jacobs, Spencer, etc

Carlton: i reckon Cloke, Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson all ahead of Jacobs in the pecking order.

Melbourne: Meesen probably their 3rd choice behind Johnson/Jamar. Spencer 4th ruck option IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT rucks 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back