DT Rucks 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have Warnock as an emergency? I think it might be worth putting one of your starters on the bench if you did (assuming you didn't load up on your rucks).

lol good point! never thought of that. I had warnock as an emergency and might just do that. Its hilles first game back agains Geelong. Really cant see him scoring more than 89. Might throw lobbe onto the field and cash in on warnocks 89:thumbsu:

Can't split Seaby and Hille. For me, either of these guys can do over 70, which im happy with as my 2nd ruck for the price im paying for them. Seaby might really explode with the #1 ruck mantle and playing on a small ground so much now.

Can't split Seaby and Hille. For me, either of these guys can do over 70, which im happy with as my 2nd ruck for the price im paying for them. Seaby might really explode with the #1 ruck mantle and playing on a small ground so much now.

Got the same problem man, had Hille for most of the pre-season but traded him to Seaby last night.
Still undecided.:confused:

Interested to see if anyone else went with renouf?

I went with him purely because his average will improve being the only ruckman not injuried at the hawks atm. Don't really see him being a keeper, but should make me abit of money, at which point I can pick up a Clark/Sandi/Cox

I've gone with Cox & Kruezer as my starting rucks. Forget what you hear about Kruezer playing forward this year, it won't happen for any longer than to rest him. Warnock and Hampson are back up ruckmen at best. Kruezer will be a 400k+ ruck by the end of the year IMHO.

Cox, if he can get back to 95% of his best and play 20+ games will again be the best ruckman in the comp by a long way.

I've gone with Cox & Kruezer as my starting rucks. Forget what you hear about Kruezer playing forward this year, it won't happen for any longer than to rest him. Warnock and Hampson are back up ruckmen at best. Kruezer will be a 400k+ ruck by the end of the year IMHO.

Cox, if he can get back to 95% of his best and play 20+ games will again be the best ruckman in the comp by a long way.

I have Kreuz too... but if he couldnt crack the ton on Thursday, he never will. There is no way he can get up to 400k if that is the case.

I have Kreuz too... but if he couldnt crack the ton on Thursday, he never will. There is no way he can get up to 400k if that is the case.

He did't kick a goal on Thursday and could have had opportunities if teammates lowered their eyes. His scores around the ground may have been inflated due to Richmonds non-existant ruck division but i feel he has the potential to score points up forward where he previously hasn't. Having said that i dont see him putting up numbers like Clark did last year but a solid average of 80-85 will do me fine and I do see him cracking the ton atleased 4-5 times this year

He did't kick a goal on Thursday and could have had opportunities if teammates lowered their eyes. His scores around the ground may have been inflated due to Richmonds non-existant ruck division but i feel he has the potential to score points up forward where he previously hasn't. Having said that i dont see him putting up numbers like Clark did last year but a solid average of 80-85 will do me fine and I do see him cracking the ton atleased 4-5 times this year

I'd be happy with that. Kicking a few goals when he goes forward will help the cause. Kicked 13 last year, spending very little time up forward. If he can kick 20-25 this year, I feel he can average 90-95 which would be a win for my second ruck.

You have to understand that Clark (and Bergs for that matter) are athletic ruckman, they can run all day like midfielders. Why would you have a player who is 2 meters tall, can run like a midfielder and play 80% game time sit on the bench for half the game. The point of having a 2nd ruckman is to give the 1st ruckman a break, but a break from rucking. rucking is hard tiring work, your crashing into another big body and you have to get to every contest. You don't need a rest on the pine if your playing as a loose man in defense.

Im not talking from another universe hoping he stays on the ground, i sat at Southport and watch it happen against the Hawks. Clark and Bergs will share the ruck work 50/50, but they will still play lots of minutes. Go back and watch Clark play last year, he floats into defense, he doesn't rest in the forward line, so to say there is no other way to play 2 ruckman but this way completely wrong. Fact is, this day and age ruckman are smaller athletic guys that can play another role, not just as a ruckman, so its actually very modern day.

Im not trying to sell Clark as the next big thing or convince people to lock him in, just pointing out in your original post how wrong you were about his role in the team. Don't want you to pick him or not pick him thinking he will play 50% game time and rest forward, because that's not how it works.

Lions v Eagles game will be very interesting this Saturday night, we could see Cox, Clark, Niknat and Bergs line up in the center square at the same time.

Shows how much you know. :thumbsu:

Glad I stuck to my guns, and went with my theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see if anyone else went with renouf?

Yeah, I did. Went with a cheap duo in Hille & Renouf. Doesn't look great on paper, but it really gave me some strength all over the ground. Wasn't confident with Cox & co so elected to go cheap and build some cash to grab Cox at full flight.

One of Hille/Renouf I'm hoping become a keeper. More likely Hille when he comes back, a little 1 week break could do him some good. Have Warnock on the bench, so not too worried.

He who laughs last laughs hardest... wouldnt be bragging after 3 quarters of a match, especially in the wet.

Also having a read of the Brisbane Board, Clark was crook before the game and was close to not playing.

Also seems like it is not any ruckman's day.

Leungberger - 47
Cox - 39
Natanui - 37
Clark - 20

at 3QT

I'm not worried, its only RD 1 after all and it could lead to a lot of people jumping off and trading him.

Happy I went with Hille even though he might get weeks. I took Warnock's score this week so no harm there either (Lobbe/Warnock).

Ive got 200k in the bank and it looks like Cox and Clarke will be taking a dip. I'll was always planning to get one of them at the end of the rollercoaster.

Hope Sandi puts in a solid score tomorrow.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... your're 400 year old cliche's are making me vomit.

Mass#10 you are (to your dismay) average. Your team is most likely average. Your comments have been very average.

After only 1 round you are having a crack at a quality dter who came up against the best ruck combo in the league, in addition I heard he was sick?

You cannot asses whether Mitch Clark is a good selection after 1 round, it may take the first 11 weeks to find that out. It took me about 10 weeks to find out Lockyer was actually a good selection last year.

LOL Masss, Banana bus I think you have Clarke in your team if your sticking up for Clarke, I however am glad I away, with Burgers back in the team it was too risky, now whatever Sandilands gets ill be happy with, aslong as its 80+ :)

Mass#10 you are (to your dismay) average. Your team is most likely average. Your comments have been very average.

After only 1 round you are having a crack at a quality dter who came up against the best ruck combo in the league, in addition I heard he was sick?

You cannot asses whether Mitch Clark is a good selection after 1 round, it may take the first 11 weeks to find that out. It took me about 10 weeks to find out Lockyer was actually a good selection last year.

LOL.

Did bannana bus buy you knee pads for christmas? You seem to like getting on your're knees.

All i said was im glad i didn't pick him up after seeing his performance tonight. I never said he isn't a good selection and I didn't have a 'crack' at Clark, so it's you with the 'average' posts, which make no sence.

And to those whinging 'again' saying he was sick, the bottom line is, he wouldn't have played if he wasn't 100% fit. Michael Voss would say it and the whole Brisbane coaching commitee would say it.

LOL.

Did bannana bus buy you knee pads for christmas? You seem to like getting on your're knees.

All i said was im glad i didn't pick him up after seeing his performance tonight. I never said he isn't a good selection and I didn't have a 'crack' at Clark, so it's you with the 'average' posts, which make no sence.

And to those whinging 'again' saying he was sick, the bottom line is, he wouldn't have played if he wasn't 100% fit. Michael Voss would say it and the whole Brisbane coaching commitee would say it.

Leave my relationship with Spence out of this :p

I can see where youre coming from mate, but at the end of the day it is 1 round, and it was in the wet. Cox was shit as well. Maybe it was just the game was played. Clark did look especially slow and barely ran, and spent a considerable time on the bench. Throughout preseason he played as a backline sweeper when he wasnt in the ruck, and that didnt happen tonight.

He should be a solid DT pick, but well wait for next week when he comes up against the Blues. If he serves up the same tripe as tonight, then us Clark owners will be forced to look out our options.

Leave my relationship with Spence out of this :p

I can see where youre coming from mate, but at the end of the day it is 1 round, and it was in the wet. Cox was shit as well. Maybe it was just the game was played. Clark did look especially slow and barely ran, and spent a considerable time on the bench. Throughout preseason he played as a backline sweeper when he wasnt in the ruck, and that didnt happen tonight.

He should be a solid DT pick, but well wait for next week when he comes up against the Blues. If he serves up the same tripe as tonight, then us Clark owners will be forced to look out our options.

Haha. :thumbsu:

Yer agree with all of that bud. I didn't really have a crack at him, just more motivated about this topic because i was involved about a week before round 1. TBH i didn't watch the game, but my brother told me that he spent alot of time on the pine. Also that he was playing as a KPP?

If that was due to his apparent 'sickness' i wouldn't know. But it would seem odd to go with him if he wasn't 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rucks 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back