DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thoughts on my team. i am a little worried about the forward line, but the 4 non-keepers just seem to be too good an opportunity to miss

Backs-

Goddard, C. Cornes, P. Burgoyne, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill

Subs- Petrenko, Suban

Mids-

Ablett, K. Cornes, J. Selwood, Gibbs, Knights, Rich

Subs- Beams, L. Anthony

Rucks-

Cox, McIntosh

Subs- Spencer, Jacobs

Forwards-

Deledio, Didak, J. Brown, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer, Hentschel

Subs- Walker, M. Brown

Thanks in advance!

Here is my team so far. Feel free to add any thoughts and opinions on it.

Backs - Goddard, McMahon, H. Shaw, X. Ellis, J. Adcock, A Raines, Malceski
Bench - Suban, Broughton

Mids - Ablett, J. Selwood, Masten, Hill, Gibbs, C. Cornes
Bench - Ziebell, Swift

Rucks - McIntosh, Kruezer
Bench - Spencer, Currie

Forwards - Deledio, Franklin, Murphy, Houlihan, J. Anthony, Skipworth, Sidebottom
Bench - M. Brown (WCE), Gumbleton

I've got 60K left over as well...

Thoughts

Backs : Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Suban,Broughton)

Mids : Corey, Kornes, Dalziell, Gibbs, Hasleby, Rich (Beams, Anthony)

Rucks : Cox, Sandilands (Spencer, Jacobs)

Fowards : Richardson, Deledio, SJohnson, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer, Hentschel (Ziebell, Walker)

Bold : Keepers
Italics : Potential

Freo supporters need ur thoughts on whether Suban/Broughton will get many games this year

Backs

L Hodge, B Goddard, C Cornes, J Adcock, R Houlihan, A Raines, S Hill
J Petrenko, G Broughton

Mids

G Ablett, J Selwood, C Judd, B Cousins, P Haselby, D Rich
J Ziebell, A Cockie

Rucks

D Cox, D Hille
S Jacobs, J Spencer

Forwards

M Pavlich, B Deledio, L Franklin, S Higgins, H Skipworth, C Yarran, T Hentschel
T Walker, M Brown

$86k left in the bank

Thoughts?

Backs

L Hodge, B Goddard, C Cornes, J Adcock, R Houlihan, A Raines, S Hill
J Petrenko, G Broughton

Mids

G Ablett, J Selwood, C Judd, B Cousins, P Haselby, D Rich
J Ziebell, A Cockie

Rucks

D Cox, D Hille
S Jacobs, J Spencer

Forwards

M Pavlich, B Deledio, L Franklin, S Higgins, H Skipworth, C Yarran, T Hentschel
T Walker, M Brown

$86k left in the bank

Thoughts?

Add Chad Fletcher and Daniel Kerr and you've got West Coats best ever midfield:p

panther-dt.jpg

What are your thoughts ??

This is my first year of DT so any help is appreciated

Thoughts

Backs : Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Suban,Broughton)

Mids : Corey, Kornes, Dalziell, Gibbs, Hasleby, Rich (Beams, Anthony)

Rucks : Cox, Sandilands (Spencer, Jacobs)

Fowards : Richardson, Deledio, SJohnson, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer, Hentschel (Ziebell, Walker)

Bold : Keepers
Italics : Potential

Freo supporters need ur thoughts on whether Suban/Broughton will get many games this year

i have gone with the same setup. hill with suban/broughton on the bench. all three will at least 10 games i believe and the chances are one will play the whole season.

panther-dt.jpg

What are your thoughts ??

This is my first year of DT so any help is appreciated

Get rid of Craig Bird. You've fallen into the same trap that I did in my first year, picking up players who were good value last year in the mistaken belief they'll be good value this year. Other than that, it's not too bad for a first timer. Geary, Westy and Josh Smith are unique picks but going by the PS they could potentially pay off and give you a few good picks nobody else has. Just not sure Geary and Smith are best 22 though. Also Cox is a better captain than Thompson. I'd also say Kane Cornes is a better pick than Thompson, who massively struggled with tags towards the end of the year.

Get rid of Craig Bird. You've fallen into the same trap that I did in my first year, picking up players who were good value last year in the mistaken belief they'll be good value this year. Other than that, it's not too bad for a first timer. Geary, Westy and Josh Smith are unique picks but going by the PS they could potentially pay off and give you a few good picks nobody else has. Just not sure Geary and Smith are best 22 though. Also Cox is a better captain than Thompson. I'd also say Kane Cornes is a better pick than Thompson, who massively struggled with tags towards the end of the year.

OK i think i will trade Bird for Troy Selwood

And as for Geary and Smith, I totally agree with you, I guess it just depends on if I am willing to take the gamble jsut before the lockout, although i can't really find any other good picks in their price range because i only have $200 left.. oops:(

cheers mate thanks for your help

You think it's better to have Deledio in the forwards or in the midfield or does it make no difference? I currently have him in the mids but I see almost everyone with him in the forwards so I'm wondering why that would be...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK i think i will trade Bird for Troy Selwood

And as for Geary and Smith, I totally agree with you, I guess it just depends on if I am willing to take the gamble jsut before the lockout, although i can't really find any other good picks in their price range because i only have $200 left.. oops:(

cheers mate thanks for your help
Sam Butler is a better option than Craig Bird. He is injury prone but if you get the first 10 rounds out of him he is value that you can upgrade when his average of 80 makes his price peak ~350k. Agree about Geary being quite a risk since he costs a fair bit but is not guaranteed best 22.

Not sure about the # of opportunities Hogan will get for the cats. Other players trying to break into Geelongs line-up such as Hawkins, Longergan, will get first crack. And since the Cats wont lose too many games, doubt bomber thompson will have much of an excuse to drop players throughout the season to allow young cats a chance to break into the 22 if you know what i mean.

Why trade bird? He's a ball magnet! He might be a bit handball happy, but with an increaed TOG theres no reason why he cant average 65+ IMO. Nothing wrong with him at all - not like he averaged hugely in first year. Just cos he's a second year player doesnt mean he's gonna be rubbish?

Bordo89 - first team in a while to have T.Tuck i see. BF fazes come and go so much eh lol :p

Latest attempt, 1.5K left:
dt09b.jpg

Out of Milburn, Burger and Lockyer in the backline, I went with the first 2 in the end. Milly is a solid DT performer and Burger to me has more upside than Lockyer, but happy to hear what others think on this.
7th starting back will be either Suban or Petrenko.

For the forwards, out of Chapman and Goodwin I went with Chappy. Goodwin is a solid DT performer and I realise the risk associated with Chappy but I think he has more upside. Again, happy to hear the views of others.

Sam Butler is a better option than Craig Bird. He is injury prone but if you get the first 10 rounds out of him he is value that you can upgrade when his average of 80 makes his price peak ~350k. Agree about Geary being quite a risk since he costs a fair bit but is not guaranteed best 22.

Not sure about the # of opportunities Hogan will get for the cats. Other players trying to break into Geelongs line-up such as Hawkins, Longergan, will get first crack. And since the Cats wont lose too many games, doubt bomber thompson will have much of an excuse to drop players throughout the season to allow young cats a chance to break into the 22 if you know what i mean.

Yep you make a very good point about Hogan, I might have to trade for Walker or Garlett, depends who is picked on wednesday

Butler is also a good option, nice pick up. I will have to check this out

Thanks for your help

Why trade bird? He's a ball magnet! He might be a bit handball happy, but with an increaed TOG theres no reason why he cant average 65+ IMO. Nothing wrong with him at all - not like he averaged hugely in first year. Just cos he's a second year player doesnt mean he's gonna be rubbish?

Bordo89 - first team in a while to have T.Tuck i see. BF fazes come and go so much eh lol :p

OK now I am confused whether I should keep Bird or not :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Keep him. I've been considering him lately as well, set for big things the young fella is.

I think you have to keep in mind Geelong cannot afford not to play the young guys as they are starting to give good players away e.g. Prismall. Dont think they can do this any longer. Just my opinion, dunno if that makes sense

panther.jpg

Righto...

This is now my team after a few changes

The only 2 concerns i have are Geary and Smith
I was thinking of trading geary for dempsey
and smith for staker or lucas, or someoen under $278,000

Thoughts ???

Sorry forgot to quote again.

To that guy asking about bird:

Just back yourself - dont change ur mind on anything anyone says on here. Make your own decisions (as hard as that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back