Dustin fletcher poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's the decision of the coach not the player. Fletcher had his troubles in his first couple of seasons, it was just Sheedy's decision to develop him there straight away and permanently. Fletcher was also 6ft5"/6ft6", so whilst nowhere near strong enough he was better equipped physically to compete when he first started. What does it matter anyway? :eek: :confused: Scarlett's clearly gone on to become the superior player.

If this is the case then why so much debate on BF about who is better out of Scarlett and Fletcher?

From memory he never said played against, he only said played with, and for what it's worth, i'll take Hird's word over some internet toss like yourself.:thumbsu:

Had Hird said "played against" also then that is clearly just an idiotic statement on his part. Utterly rediculous, and trust the dillusion of Bomber fans if he had to hang off the every breathe of their "precious".

If this is the case then why so much debate on BF about who is better out of Scarlett and Fletcher?

Is there? :rolleyes: I haven't noticed that much.

Lolz

Could literally find 100,000 words for last line clown talking up Scarlett, yet if James Hird says in one sentence that Fletcher is better, that carries 10 times more weight in itself.

How? Because Essendon fans still have Hird's fallice so far up their arse they are almost choking to death?

This isn't a Scarlett vs. Fletcher poll, and if it was I can almost guarantee Fletcher would get smashed in it. I have said I rate Fletcher as a great defender. But the truth is, I find it kind of insulting to Scarlett with that comparison.

James Hird vs Last Line Zero? Surely even a **** like you can see whose opinion holds more weight.
Hird also said Carlton's midfield was the new Fab Four. :eek::eek:

Also Hird is good mates with Fletcher from what i've heard, so I would say LLH's opinion hold's alot more weight than Hird's.

How? Because Essendon fans still have Hird's fallice so far up their arse they are almost choking to death?

Says the man running into a Dustin Fletcher poll to talk about Scarlett, FFS man Scarlett is a better defender 99% of Essendon fans agree, i'm not sure why you are still arguing the point?

This isn't a Scarlett vs. Fletcher poll, and if it was I can almost guarantee Fletcher would get smashed in it. I have said I rate Fletcher as a great defender. But the truth is, I find it kind of insulting to Scarlett with that comparison.

No doubt Scarlett would win in a poll v Fletch as he is currently dominating and has been in recent years. Fletch Best was along time ago considering people cant even remember Steve Johnson's form at start of this year.

I like many other Bombers supporters agree that Scarlett is equal or better then Fletch. To say that it an insult puts u in the 39 other morons that have revealed themselves in this poll.

Scarlett would consider it an honour to be measured against one of the best defenders in recent history and potentially all time.

Hird also said Carlton's midfield was the new Fab Four. :eek::eek:

Also Hird is good mates with Fletcher from what i've heard, so I would say LLH's opinion hold's alot more weight than Hird's.

Credibility shot to shit with these comments. :thumbsu:

Also in a few years, the fab 4 prediction will most likely be true.

no doubt scarlett would win in a poll v fletch as he is currently dominating and has been in recent years. Fletch best was along time ago considering people cant even remember steve johnson's form at start of this year.

i like many other bombers supporters agree that scarlett is equal or better then fletch. To say that it an insult puts u in the 39 other morons that have revealed themselves in this poll.

scarlett would consider it an honour to be measured against one of the best defenders in recent history and potentially all time.

^^^100%^^^

I'm reading alot of biased stuff on this thread, but that's by far the worst. Scarlett is universally recognised as the player who has re-shaped the way Full Backs play the game, in terms of offence. There is no way Fletcher is a better attacking defender than Scarlett. :rolleyes:

On Fletcher - I think he has been a great defender no doubt, but let's remember even as far back as when Solomon was playing in defence for the Bombers, Fletcher would normally play the loose man role while Solomon played at Full Back. It's not like he only just started playing that role two years ago to give "kids" the experiance.

I think you will find that David Dench did that back in the 70's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarlett has taken it to a new level, there is no doubting that. Dench was the first ultra attacking full- back but Scarlett's abilities as an offensive force have exceeded Dench's.

So he didn't actually re-shape the way a FB plays then as someone had done it 30 years prior.

Scarlett has taken it to a new level, there is no doubting that. Dench was the first ultra attacking full- back but Scarlett's abilities as an offensive force have exceeded Dench's.

I have to say I think you are a bit tunnel visioned and narrow minded. To jump on a Dustin Fletcher poll to pump up Scarlett.
Many including me have conceded that Scarlett is a better player but it is not because he is better on the rebound. He is NOT. Fletcher is a better kick and a longer kick. He consistantly is in the top couple in the comp in rebound 50s and kicking efficiency (and usually over 60 metres.) YES Scarlett is good in this area as well but the area he is ahead of Fletcher is one on one.

No doubt Scarlett would win in a poll v Fletch as he is currently dominating and has been in recent years. Fletch Best was along time ago considering people cant even remember Steve Johnson's form at start of this year.

I like many other Bombers supporters agree that Scarlett is equal or better then Fletch. To say that it an insult puts u in the 39 other morons that have revealed themselves in this poll.

Scarlett would consider it an honour to be measured against one of the best defenders in recent history and potentially all time.
But Scarlett has been the comp's best defender for the better part of the last 8 years. His first AA was in 2003, and since then he's missed out on just 2 out of 7. He was also one of the league's top defenders in 2002, and was selected in the International Rules team as a reward.

Both of them have shown great longevity and both are great defenders, but most of the impartial experts (James Hird is both biased and apparently he didn't even compare Fletcher with opponents) rate Scarlett as the better.

But Scarlett has been the comp's best defender for the better part of the last 8 years. His first AA was in 2003, and since then he's missed out on just 2 out of 7. He was also one of the league's top defenders in 2002, and was selected in the International Rules team as a reward.

Both of them have shown great longevity and both are great defenders, but most of the impartial experts (James Hird is both biased and apparently he didn't even compare Fletcher with opponents) rate Scarlett as the better.

:rolleyes:

I didnt say he wasn't. I actually even said i rate scarlo as equal to or better then fletch over there respective careers. I was merly pointing out the Fletcher is in the same category as Scarlett and to say otherwise makes u an interesting person to say the least (not u the person who stated its an insult to compare them). No doubt they have both been good for some time.

Fletch has played since he was 17 and is now 34? IIRC. Been in the top few defenders for the majority of his career. Last time we were near the top (where the general people notice how good a player is) was in 2001. Scarlo is in number 1 team in the comp atm and the past 3 years. I was merely saying that people were saying fletcher was better then sos in 2000, people are now saying scarlo is. Further dismissing persons comments on how if a poll occured scarlo would win as irrelevant and crazy to say its an insult.

I didnt say he wasn't. I actually even said i rate scarlo as equal to or better then fletch over there respective careers. I was merly pointing out the Fletcher is in the same category as Scarlett and to say otherwise makes u an interesting person to say the least (not u the person who stated its an insult to compare them). No doubt they have both been good for some time.

Fletch has played since he was 17 and is now 34? IIRC. Been in the top few defenders for the majority of his career. Last time we were near the top (where the general people notice how good a player is) was in 2001. Scarlo is in number 1 team in the comp atm and the past 3 years. I was merely saying that people were saying fletcher was better then sos in 2000, people are now saying scarlo is. Further dismissing persons comments on how if a poll occured scarlo would win as irrelevant and crazy to say its an insult.
Not this old chestnut again. :cool:

Scarlett was AA FB when we didn't make the 8 in '03, and was AA FB in '04 when we weren't much chop. Was very unlucky in '02 and '05 to miss out as well.

Yet still easier than for 12 other teams in the league. :rolleyes:
We didn't have the 4th best midfield back then, not even close. Part of the reason we made top 4 was because how good our defence was. And Scarlett was a major reason for that. But go ahead and keep rolling your eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dustin fletcher poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back