Dustin fletcher poll

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate read this thread after me pointing out some of the stupid calls made so far by both parties stated something which was a very good point.

Scarlett no longer always takes the best defender. The game has changed since early on where one defender one forward sat out in the goal square. Like the start of fletch's career. Now If Fev kicks a bag against geelong it isnt thought that Scarlo was beaten rather the backline was beaten.

Mackie and harley (sometimes scarlett) play chop out rolls. You rarely see scarlo one on one out muscling or spoiling on a lead by himself anymore more often then not its 3 men up and a lot more focus on midfeild defensive pressure. This is nothing against scarlett but more a different opinion that i agreed with to some extent. I think if scarlett did play lock down he would do it well still however i dont think he does as much which is shown by his attacking football. Fletch also hasnt played lock down for some time and gets critisized for it. Only one i can think of is presti that does it.

Fletch gets under rated as shown by this poll insanely due to his ability to play attacking. He is IMO the best 3rd man up in the comp. Mr Gadget :D

I certainly wont forget fletcher and id be surprised that he would when they look back at the greatest team of all time and mention Lloyd lucas hird and Fletch :p (a bit of stirring here)

A mate read this thread after me pointing out some of the stupid calls made so far by both parties stated something which was a very good point.

Scarlett no longer always takes the best defender. The game has changed since early on where one defender one forward sat out in the goal square. Like the start of fletch's career. Now If Fev kicks a bag against geelong it isnt thought that Scarlo was beaten rather the backline was beaten.

Mackie and harley (sometimes scarlett) play chop out rolls. You rarely see scarlo one on one out muscling or spoiling on a lead by himself anymore more often then not its 3 men up and a lot more focus on midfeild defensive pressure. This is nothing against scarlett but more a different opinion that i agreed with to some extent. I think if scarlett did play lock down he would do it well still however i dont think he does as much which is shown by his attacking football. Fletch also hasnt played lock down for some time and gets critisized for it. Only one i can think of is presti that does it.

Fletch gets under rated as shown by this poll insanely due to his ability to play attacking. He is IMO the best 3rd man up in the comp. Mr Gadget :D

I certainly wont forget fletcher and id be surprised that he would when they look back at the greatest team of all time and mention Lloyd lucas hird and Fletch :p (a bit of stirring here)
Now your just making sh!t up. Watch any Geelong game and you will see Scarlett plays on whoever Goes to Full Forward. Whether it's Buddy, Fev, or even Westoff, Scarlett has and always will always take the player that plays closer to goal. Fletcher dosen't play Full Back, Pears does. And when Pears didn't Mal Michael did, and when Mal Michael didn't Solomon did...See what i'm getting at here.

Now your just making sh!t up. Watch any Geelong game and you will see Scarlett plays on whoever Goes to Full Forward. Whether it's Buddy, Fev, or even Westoff, Scarlett has and always will always take the player that plays closer to goal. Fletcher dosen't play Full Back, Pears does. And when Pears didn't Mal Michael did, and when Mal Michael didn't Solomon did...See what i'm getting at here.

Ease up there buddy :thumbsu:

You dont think the game has changed and its more about the entire backline rather then one on one individual? Also was a mates point of view which i agree with i think Geelong is so strong due to its ability of its back 6 to work together not just Scarlo being superman. No doubt Scarlo will line up FB more often then not but the point i was trying to make which may not have got across to you was that the modern game is more about entire backline working together then one on ones. Dunno why i keep replying to you after you have shown your colours as a troll or worse actually believing that its an "insult" to compare Fletch with Scarlo :eek:

Now your just making sh!t up. Watch any Geelong game and you will see Scarlett plays on whoever Goes to Full Forward.

Well numbnuts prehaps you should read what the bloke wrote before accussing him of making shit up.

He stated that Scarlett does not always take the best forward (although he actually wrote best defender, but it was pretty clear what he was talking about). Eg Taylor playing on Riewoldt in the Grand Final, it also not uncommon for guys like Taylor or even Mackie to match up on Franklin.

Exactly the criticism that has consistnetly been thrown at Fletcher for the past 6-7 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dustin fletcher poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back