Unrestricted Free Agent Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to the supporters who don't care, as it is a spit in the face to them. Why not just announce you're departing Richmond at the end of the season?

They won't get compensation for him but they can and should hold it against Dimma and the Suns for Rioli. He has taken that club for a ride since the end of the 2022 season
Well said.
Wouldn’t have cared if Dusty had have said his time at the tigers was done but he still had more footy left in him.

But it seems like that was never the plan.
Personally I don’t think it will work out well for either GC or Dusty. He’ll be ok for a couple of year and then eke out of the game quietly with his extra cash.
Will be interesting if his form continues to spiral and he will be happy to play reserves footy.

I'm HEAVING at the Richmond fans demanding band 1 compo for this...give me a spell. All the club and Dusty had to do is what Clarko did with Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis but the club didn't want to ruffle Dusty's feathers and decided to ignore the year long rumours and now everyone looks like idiots.

If a trade needs to happen then it'll be a pick in the 40's or 50's. This isn't the Dusty of 6 years ago.

I seem to recall a Brisbane player pulling a retirement at his old club so he could jump ship to the Lions and the AFL made a song & dance about it to ensure it was never to happen again.

Nek minnut ..........................

This is as smelly as hell .........

I am not fan of the Tiges bu they are getting dudded here big time.

If the AFL pull out a loophole to let Martin play then there should be some sort of action from the remaining clubs over it.

I seem to recall a Brisbane player pulling a retirement at his old club so he could jump ship to the Lions and the AFL made a song & dance about it to ensure it was never to happen again.

Nek minnut ..........................

This is as smelly as hell .........

I am not fan of the Tiges bu they are getting dudded here big time.

If the AFL pull out a loophole to let Martin play then there should be some sort of action from the remaining clubs over it.

AFL is corrupt as this will be a

1726212807595.png

moment.

Lucky for me I think the boy is cooked so if it happens, more fool Gold Coast.

However, give us Band 1 compo campaigners just so i can read Byron_Clanger melt some more.

If the gold coast pay.more than 200k out of their salary cap for Dusty they are kidding themselves. If they can boost his salary through an ambassador role then it sort of makes sense.
Great player in his day but looked like he was off the pace this year. Maybe a change of scenery might get him up for a season of two more.

I can understand him being so late in his career that there's not much appeal getting pumped each week in a post-dynasty side while his body is cooked. It's a pretty good deal for Dusty though, getting to reunite with Dimma, Grigg and Rioli. It's probably a lot more on offer on a person level than what's left at Richmond.

I don't think it changes that much from him finishing up with us. It's more like he retired from Richmond. There's still a lot of emotion around him and his career and he will always be a Richmond great. I do hope it works out well for him though and that it ends up being worth it. Hodge did great going on at Brisbane whereas Mitchell probably regrets playing for West Coast. Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked pretty cooked on field this year. Maybe that was mental and he just wasn't inspired to play under Yze.

I'm still not convinced it's true, over his career I've heard many, many Dusty rumours and none of them really turned out.

Either way it's bizarre, either it's a genuine change of mind and Dimma has really gone hard to change his mind, Dimma's the only man that would get him there, or he knew the whole time in which I'd find it bizarre he didn't just play out the year and then move as a UFA out of contract.

In my mind he's still retired, I'll believe otherwise when I see it happen.

He looked pretty cooked on field this year. Maybe that was mental and he just wasn't inspired to play under Yze.

I'm still not convinced it's true, over his career I've heard many, many Dusty rumours and none of them really turned out.

Either way it's bizarre, either it's a genuine change of mind and Dimma has really gone hard to change his mind, Dimma's the only man that would get him there, or he knew the whole time in which I'd find it bizarre he didn't just play out the year and then move as a UFA out of contract.

In my mind he's still retired, I'll believe otherwise when I see it happen.
Quietly I think you’re right, that he will retire up here on the Coast. May do some part time coaching

Bit of a weird move, and disrespectful to the Richmond supporters who bought the overpriced retirement merch.

Having said that, he has nothing left to give Richmond. Will always be a Richmond champion, just as GAJ will always be a Geelong champion. Let him enjoy the sun in his twilight footy years. 2 year contract as a free agent. Band 5 compo.

Did Martin make money off the memorabilia? If he did and he decides to unretire he really should make an apology and say he changed his mind, otherwise he is a selfish campaigner who basically stole peoples money by deceiving them

Credit to the supporters who don't care, as it is a spit in the face to them. Why not just announce you're departing Richmond at the end of the season?

They won't get compensation for him but they can and should hold it against Dimma and the Suns for Rioli. He has taken that club for a ride since the end of the 2022 season
I think most tiger fans would have been fine with Dusty finishing the season off with us then announcing like Rioli did that he wants a trade to the suns. The whole retirement charade if true leaves a really sour taste. Watch Richmond now play super hard ball in the Rioli trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back