Paddywhackers

Cancelled
Jul 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Well, watching justin TV and having to listen to the Foxtel commentators blatantly barracking for Melbourne was annoying, it at one point went so far that it became amuzing! In the last as Leon led for the ball on the Half forward flank, he was pushed square in the back in what was on of the most blatant black and white decisions one could ever possibly see, and accordingly the umpire made the obvious decision. Dwayne Russell moaned, 'that was in the side', before the umpire even had made a decision.

Thanks Foxtel and in particular Dwayne Russell for the comedy!

Well, watching justin TV and having to listen to the Foxtel commentators blatantly barracking for Melbourne was annoying, it at one point went so far that it became amuzing! In the last as Leon led for the ball on the Half forward flank, he was pushed square in the back in what was on of the most blatant black and white decisions one could ever possibly see, and accordingly the umpire made the obvious decision. Dwayne Russell moaned, 'that was in the side', before the umpire even had made a decision.

All three of them were horrible!!!
Even Shaw who you'd think might even the ledger up was clearly barracking for the Demons!!!
He is obviously still bitter about how we dumped him after he destroyed our club in the late 90's!

yeah and we wonder why we stream it on the net. I would be very disappointed if i payed for foxtel to listen to that idiot. There was plenty of other blatant supporter comments from him

He was disgusting. Claiming Pies players "threw" their handballs while down the other end demons "quick handball" one-handed chucks. They had plenty from the umpires to take issue with but then stepped it up another notch with blatant barracking.

"One arm pinned, quick handball." WTF?

I can understand them wanting to pump up the underdog but went way too far today, Shawy got sucked in too. Just happy that we got over the line in the end so they couldn't bung too smug an expression on their faces at the end :thumbsu:

All three of them were horrible!!!
Even Shaw who you'd think might even the ledger up was clearly barracking for the Demons!!!
He is obviously still bitter about how we dumped him after he destroyed our club in the late 90's!

Yet is the only man to take us to the promised land in the early 90's. (I respect him a little more than you obviously)

TBH - I think every one in the country apart from Collingwood supporters were barracking for Melbourne today... Do you blame them?

Yet is the only man to take us to the promised land in the early 90's. (I respect him a little more than you obviously)

TBH - I think every one in the country apart from Collingwood supporters were barracking for Melbourne today... Do you blame them?

I was 5..... I think you can understand why the 1990 grand final holds little value in my opinions! Also, he had 21 other players playing with him that day and we absolutely belted Essendon!

You can't deny that he has turned into a bitter little bitch after he and his son got dumped from the Collingwood Football Club.

I feel like an idiot for paying for foxtel, how about showing some professionalism?

Who has control of the replays? It seemed like they reviewed alot of free kicks that weren't payed to melbourne?

I also wanna know why those idiots think a good tackle should be rewarded with a free kick. The reward of a good tackle is that you stop them from getting a clean disposal. The reward is the pressure and physical hit on the player being tackled.

This. Was listening to the radio - partly to SEN and partly to 3AW. They were all barracking for Melbourne.:thumbsdown: And I can't bear the sound of Terry Wallace's voice - like a rusty chain saw.:mad:

I guess you've got to expect that the commentators will be partisan to the underdog in this situation.

Luckily, the underdog has a proud history of tanking and forgot how to win a game of football. Result? 4 valuable and yet underserved premiership points.

I was 5..... I think you can understand why the 1990 grand final holds little value in my opinions! Also, he had 21 other players playing with him that day and we absolutely belted Essendon!

You can't deny that he has turned into a bitter little bitch after he and his son got dumped from the Collingwood Football Club.

Captain of our only premiership in 50 years...

Norm Smith medal...

Copeland Trophy 1990...

STFU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could not believe he said that! Had to rewind after the game finished to have another look and listen :eek:

i understand that and felt horrible for them and don't think we deserved to win at all but FFS, try and retain a little bit of professionalism, that was the most blatant free kick in 150 years of football.

agree, he reminds me of a mate who would get excited and ring you up when a share he knew you owned a lot of was getting pumped. Could never work out why a mate would be happy other mates were losing money.

I can hear the same thing in his voice when he talks about collingwood when we aren't going too well.

You did hear the (very strong) rumour about why Leigh Matthews was sacked... and what Shaw did?

Seriously show some respect - the guy bled for his players...

I'll never forget seeing Tony come off the ground with a broken arm (bone literally sticking out of his forearm in front of the Ryder stand) - the runners were trying to drag him from the ground, but still he wouldn't leave until he barked orders and ensured his opponent was covered before he could leave the ground... The guy was the major reason the Pies won in 1990... and yes Daicos is the greatest player I've ever seen...

This is why I am savouring the win, even though it was only 1 point & we definitely didn't deserve it. Everyone wanted us to lose, but we didn't. We won.

You did hear the (very strong) rumour about why Leigh Matthews was sacked... and what Shaw did?

Seriously show some respect - the guy bled for his players...

I'll never forget seeing Tony come off the ground with a broken arm (bone literally sticking out of his forearm in front of the Ryder stand) - the runners were trying to drag him from the ground, but still he wouldn't leave until he barked orders and ensured his opponent was covered before he could leave the ground... The guy was the major reason the Pies won in 1990... and yes Daicos is the greatest player I've ever seen...

Smoky, I really respect you as a poster but please accept that I never saw Shaw as a player and therefore can only judge him on his coaching/commentating in which he is absolutely TERRIBLE!

You can't deny that he has definitely got a chip on the shoulder when it comes to Collingwood. The club he 'bled for'!

Shawry goes out of his way to show he is not biased towards us. I think he has an issue with MM but he loves the club.

Dwayne Russell wasn't great but what about Dunstall. Fair dinkum the adds nothing to the commentary outside of repeating what just happened.

Dunstall is the most biased commentator I have ever heard. That includes Tim Lane, Robert Walls etc. I don't have Austar but have to watch the the ch 10, sat night games up here in QLD which are Lions games with the Austar/Foxtel feed. He is a Queenslander and he is terrible.

I would have been expecting everyone to be going for the Dees, except Pie supporters. I do the same when I'm watching a neutral game. Go for the underdog. It seems to be the Aussie thing to do.

Smoky, I really respect you as a poster but please accept that I never saw Shaw as a player and therefore can only judge him on his coaching/commentating in which he is absolutely TERRIBLE!

You can't deny that he has definitely got a chip on the shoulder when it comes to Collingwood. The club he 'bled for'!

At the end of the day... every Football supporter on earth (apart from us Pies die hards) were barracking for the Dees today... If Tony had shown bias towards us in his commentating today he wouldn't have a job as a commentator.

Believe you me - Tony Shaw always wants the Black and White to win. He is a Collingwood man (and always will be).

P.S - Wasn't personal - Every time I watch that man drop down on all fours completely spent, with tears of pride in his eyes in preparation to hold up the blessed silverware... (in his words to lethal "the cup, the cup, the cup") - I cry. He's the only man in history, that has given me that moment to me...

For that, I am for ever in his debt.

At the end of the day... every Football supporter on earth (apart from us Pies die hards) were barracking for the Dees today... If Tony had shown bias towards us in his commentating today he wouldn't have a job as a commentator.

Believe you me - Tony Shaw always wants the Black and White to win. He is a Collingwood man (and always will be).

P.S - Wasn't personal - Every time I watch that man drop down on all fours completely spent, with tears of pride in his eyes in preparation to hold up the blessed silverware... (in his words to lethal "the cup, the cup, the cup") - I cry. He's the only man in history, that has given me that moment to me...

For that, I am for ever in his debt.

Sounds sweet mate..... I really hope I can feel that kind of feeling once in my lifetime.

Can't believe as a Melbourne supporter I have to point this out to you. Shaw, week in, week out did everything he possibly could both inside & outside the rules of the game, to get Collingwood over the line. I would dare to say that no player has made more of limited talent than Tony Shaw.

You, as do I, follow a club with a rich & proud history. Now **** off & study it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne Russell take a bow...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back