VFL Final VFL Round 21 v Brisbane. Saturday August 17th - 12:05pm @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re free to come and watch and post whatever you like, jmac

Gee our transition is soft at times - on the break or from kick-out situations
They got 3 goals then from lack of pressure - end-to-end stuff and we knew where they were going

Ed is doing quite well
Macrae a few touches
Eyre should have used TJ but didn’t bc he wanted to kick long (TJ was pretty frustrated about it). He also needs another 5 to 10 kg
Smit strong in the ruck - thought he was penalised in the contest straight after his opponent did exactly the same thing to him
Reef in D50
Ryan often caught bw wing and HBF - PLEASE PLAY HIM UP THE F$&@ING GROUND OR IN THE MIDDLE
Kreug is a presence when he near it but he needs to more often

Wheels have fallen off in last ~20 mins
I’ll be in the pub shortly mate. It is nice the read about some good stuff the VFL boys are doing. I realise it’s been a bleak season.

I’ll be in the pub shortly mate. It is nice the read about some good stuff the VFL boys are doing. I realise it’s been a bleak season.
Not worth reading Today IF you want Postives from Bad VFL Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't really seen any of the vfl this year, but have managed to see most of the first half. Few thoughts:
  • Few lions players have played very well and partially dictated the game (Fort, Mckenna, Dunkley)
  • Our midfield have matched but for a period we were really burning the ball going into 50. There was a definitely a shift after quarter time towards slower, more methodical ball use coming out of defensive 50. This is why backline guys like Dean seem to have been racking up numbers in previous weeks.
  • We came back into in the second quarter of the back of much better defensive ground set up allowing for some better intercepts (some great contests from Ryan, Markov, Dean, and further up the ground Richards).
  • Have been impressed by Smit (challenged by the bigger Fort in the ruck but working through it pretty well), Allan (done some clean things), Richards (typically composed) and Reef (little bit in and out but just looks a level above when he has it)
  • On the whole i think we have had the better first half than Brisbane. There is a chance we will drop off and be beaten as brisbane look more experienced and hardened, but there is plenty to like

Liked Ryan and Dean today, the former back to his pre concussion form. Looks a player.
Reef again showing nice evasion in traffic and combined with his speed and ground ball ability is a reason that he’ll find a spot.
Finn - plenty of bal,l but just split second hesitation sees his possession smothered constantly.
Smit - he’s going to be excellent- just outstanding agility and mobility for his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Final VFL Round 21 v Brisbane. Saturday August 17th - 12:05pm @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back