VFL Final VFL Round 21 v Brisbane. Saturday August 17th - 12:05pm @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Good way for the VFL team to finish their season.

Allan, Ryan, Reef, Dean and Richards all looked good. Fin did as you’d expect.

I’d be looking to hold on to Reef and Richards as hard as we can.

Ryan, Allan, TJ, Smit, Dean and Eyre all look to me like they have something to work with and another preseason will help them immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good win
All of the young players drafted over the last few years played well
Encouraging
Realistically do you think we'll need 2 more seasons before they're starting to really dominate? I know I'm an impatient kind of guy but I try to be more balanced when looking at how these kids go - i.e. not everyone is an Ashcroft, Sheezel or Daicos unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically do you think we'll need 2 more seasons before they're starting to really dominate? I know I'm an impatient kind of guy but I try to be more balanced when looking at how these kids go - i.e. not everyone is an Ashcroft, Sheezel or Daicos unfortunately.
Depends on the player. Richards is ready for AFL level already. With McInnes it's all about tank, if he has a huge preseason he could be good to go next year. Allan has the tank but not the frame, so 50/50 to be a regular next year. He's very promising though. Jiath needs more time as do DeMattia, Smit, Eyre and Ryan IMO - none of whom are certainties.

Positives: Allen has had a stellar last month, obviously needed time to develop and work on his game he’s a big positive going forward.

Dean: killed it with the best game I’ve seen from him as an intercept defender. When Howe retires we have his replacement.

TJ: gets the ball, still a little skinny and wasteful with disposals but will be vg.

Finn: racks up the ball in the VFL don’t be surprised if he asks for a trade.

They looked good against a top VFL side. Big roo needs some muscle to compete with men but he’s young so give him time. Well done, not a great season but improvement as the season went on was great to see.

Yeh, generally it takes around 50 games but there are the odd exceptions, but they are generally playing in the first season

Best we played since the 1st 2 Rounds

Loved Deans/Allan/Reef Games

Smit looked good but was not Big Enough vs Fort in Ruck Contests around the Ground

Fin got 34 touches but did not feel he had a Big Impact

Best we played since the 1st 2 Rounds

Loved Deans/Allan/Reef Games

Smit looked good but was not Big Enough vs Fort in Ruck Contests around the Ground

Fin got 34 touches but did not feel he had a Big Impact
Unfortunately for fin he doesn’t have the athletic traits to find space, nor decision making. He can find the footy but it’s usually rushed kicks or handballs. Made worse when the speed increased in the seniors

Watching Allan today, he doesn’t just hack kick it. He takes time, evades, makes space and then hits up the correct target. He’s def improving in that area. It’s the difference between making the step or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Final VFL Round 21 v Brisbane. Saturday August 17th - 12:05pm @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back