Dylan Grimes and diving - Why the AFL needs to act

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond built the first premiership on fitness and the dark arts.

Tunnel the contest and then swarm the falling ball.

The AFL condones players playing on the edge of the rules, especially if they're stars. Look at how many throws don't get called by most teams or how much extra time name players get to dispose in the tackle.

Grimes dive in the final against brisbane was a cracker...no idea why the umpires just put him on the ignore list like Toby Greene?! And they wonder why we have staging at the junior level. Well at least he’ll be remember after he retires.

Richmond built the first premiership on fitness and the dark arts.

Tunnel the contest and then swarm the falling ball.

The AFL condones players playing on the edge of the rules, especially if they're stars. Look at how many throws don't get called by most teams or how much extra time name players get to dispose in the tackle.

I don't think the AFL give the slightest **** how teams play - as long as the AFL is in the media every day, and as long as people keep watching it.

'Big' clubs winning, is good for business. Star players playing is good for business.

It's all about eyes on screens. Nothing more.

I guess my point is...

Why would the AFL care if Player X stages and pisses off 100 people and causes 20 of them to never watch footy again - if Player X's team winning means that 1000 people are engaged and watch the footy every week?

When you put your hands or hand in your opponent’s back and push guess what? It’s in the back. Scoreboard flattered the result. Tigers were a 6 to 8 goal better team tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the AFL give the slightest fu** how teams play - as long as the AFL is in the media every day, and as long as people keep watching it.

'Big' clubs winning, is good for business. Star players playing is good for business.

It's all about eyes on screens. Nothing more.

I guess my point is...

Why would the AFL care if Player X stages and pisses off 100 people and causes 20 of them to never watch footy again - if Player X's team winning means that 1000 people are engaged and watch the footy every week?

Profits rule the game owned by the people yet the people get no profits

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is nothing more ironic than a post by an Essendon player about cheating.

Wada says love you long time.

This post is everything that is wrong with the main board.

Poster A: Raises point.
Poster B: Yeah but your team...

Pure deflection. No attempt to mount a valid counter argument. Piss weak.

Who cares? It’s up to the umpires to call him for it if not it’s not his fault! Btw couldn’t have happened to a better bloke in stringer just a real campaigner

I thought your midfielders were pretty good for Essendon as well. Knew how to spot an Essendon player.

Obviously umps deserve full votes for Richmond though. Fantastic performance.

lol, we dominated you guys in every facet tonight. Our poor kicking kept you in it. Our midfield caned you guys. You should be embarrassed paying the money you do for a chip scab seagull in Shiel.

lol, we dominated you guys in every facet tonight. Our poor kicking kept you in it. Our midfield caned you guys. You should be embarrassed paying the money you do for a chip scab seagull in Shiel.
What does it matter if your team can't kick or spot a target inside 50? And what does it matter when you have to rely on the umps buying into the flopping to win it?

When you put your hands or hand in your opponent’s back and push guess what? It’s in the back. Scoreboard flattered the result. Tigers were a 6 to 8 goal better team tonight.
Everything you've said here is true but it's got nothing to do with the topic at hand.

No one's saying it wasn't a free kick.

No one's saying Essendon were better than Richmond tonight.

No one's saying Essendon deserved to win.

The topic is about Dylan Grimes' habit of going to ground when he doesn't need to.

I don't understand why Richmond supporters get so defensive and bent out of whack when it's brought up.

No one's saying you're not a good side and a genuine chance of another flag. The topic is to discuss a players diving habits.

What does it matter if your team can't kick or spot a target inside 50? And what does it matter when you have to rely on the umps buying into the flopping to win it?

Again, being an Essendon supporter, we get it, you don’t know much about footy. We pumped you in every metric. You kicked 10 goals 1 and still couldn’t win. We spotted plenty in the forward 50. Probably why we doubled the amount of scoring shots as well. But hey, season over muchacho. Enjoy September.

It’s up to the umpires to call it and that didn’t cost you the game? By the way it couldn’t of happened to a better bloke in stringer being the piece of shit he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Grimes and diving - Why the AFL needs to act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back