Dylan Grimes and diving - Why the AFL needs to act

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything you've said here is true but it's got nothing to do with the topic at hand.

No one's saying it wasn't a free kick.

No one's saying Essendon were better than Richmond tonight.

No one's saying Essendon deserved to win.

The topic is about Dylan Grimes' habit of going to ground when he doesn't need to.

I don't understand why Richmond supporters get so defensive and bent out of whack when it's brought up.

No one's saying you're not a good side and a genuine chance of another flag. The topic is to discuss a players diving habits.

sorry mate, you stick to the topic. In the three examples, one is tonights game. It’s not about being defensive, it’s about being corrrect. Don’t push a guy in tne back and you don’t give away a free. Like Bellchambers. How dumb was he? Drags a hand head high after a marks been taken/paid. Don’t be mad at the umps. Be mad at the DH’s giving away dumb frees.

Everything you've said here is true but it's got nothing to do with the topic at hand.

No one's saying it wasn't a free kick.

No one's saying Essendon were better than Richmond tonight.

No one's saying Essendon deserved to win.

The topic is about Dylan Grimes' habit of going to ground when he doesn't need to.

I don't understand why Richmond supporters get so defensive and bent out of whack when it's brought up.

No one's saying you're not a good side and a genuine chance of another flag. The topic is to discuss a players diving habits.
Yes he dives but it’s up to the umpires to call him for it and not just him everyone who does it, it happens in every game Richmond players just get more attention because of the clubs status not too dissimilar to Collingwood where minor things get blown out because there the second biggest club in the land

Again, being an Essendon supporter, we get it, you don’t know much about footy. We pumped you in every metric. You kicked 10 goals 1 and still couldn’t win. We spotted plenty in the forward 50. Probably why we doubled the a,lumt of scoring shots as well. But hey, season over muchacho. Enjoy September.
Would you take that efficiency to West Coast next week? Doubt that. I'm saying we're shit yet you still needed umps to win that. Bad kicking is bad football.
It’s up to the umpires to call it and that didn’t cost you the game? By the way it couldn’t of happened to a better bloke in stringer being the piece of sh*t he is
Walla had his goal taken away from him and Richmond scored at the other end. 12 point turnaround. We already kicked 3 in a row before that point. Completely killed the contest. We worked our way back into the game by kicking 3 in a row before the soft 50 again ruined the contest in the last quarter.

End margin was 12 points. Go figure.

Would you take that efficiency to West Coast next week? Doubt that. I'm saying we're sh*t yet you still needed umps to win that. Bad kicking is bad football.

Walla had his goal taken away from him and Richmond scored at the other end. 12 point turnaround. We already kicked 3 in a row before that point. Completely killed the contest. We worked our way back into the game by kicking 3 in a row before the soft 50 again ruined the contest in the last.

Umps didn’t win us the game. Dominating you guys won us the game.

Would you take that efficiency to West Coast next week? Doubt that. I'm saying we're sh*t yet you still needed umps to win that. Bad kicking is bad football.

Walla had his goal taken away from him and Richmond scored at the other end. 12 point turnaround. We already kicked 3 in a row before that point. Completely killed the contest. We worked our way back into the game by kicking 3 in a row before the soft 50 again ruined the contest in the last quarter.

Come on mate I know you’re not that stupid it was the second quarter there’s a lot of footy left we smashed you in contested footy and inside 50s and you kicked 3 goals in junk time we missed easy shots that we might have kicked if you guys were in front? No one football game is defined by one moment

Yes he dives but it’s up to the umpires to call him for it and not just him everyone who does it, it happens in every game Richmond players just get more attention because of the clubs status not too dissimilar to Collingwood where minor things get blown out because there the second biggest club in the land
Thanks for your fake support,But seriously what lengths oppo fans go to too stoke the fire.lol

sorry mate, you stick to the topic. In the three examples, one is tonights game. It’s not about being defensive, it’s about being corrrect. Don’t push a guy in tne back and you don’t give away a free. Like Bellchambers. How dumb was he? Drags a hand head high after a marks been taken/paid. Don’t be mad at the umps. Be mad at the DH’s giving away dumb frees.
Again, this thread isn't about tonights game in general. It's not about the umpiring in general. It's about Dylan Grimes' diving specifically. Go to the gameday thread if you want to discuss the umpiring/giving away dumb frees/Bellchambers' efforts.

So long as a club gets away with rule bending, they'll do it. Dogs have done it for years with our trademarked "wink wink handball wink wink", and until the umpires focus on it there's no incentive to stop.

For Richmond, sniping people off the ball and diving like soccer players is part of their brand, and until the AFL cracks down, why would they stop?

Come on mate I know you’re not that stupid it was the second quarter there’s a lot of footy left we smashed you in contested footy and inside 50s and you kicked 3 goals in junk time we missed easy shots that we might have kicked if you guys were in front? No one football game is defined by one moment
Ok you smashed us. Can you please tell me what the margin was? 50 points? 100 points? Or 12 points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying we were the better side. I accept that we're sh*t. Just accept that Grimes and Vlastuin dived to suck the umps in, which directly influenced the game.
Essendon deserved the win. Between that 50m penalty and the overturned Tippa goal, that's a 2 goal swing from Tigers staging in a game you lost by 2 goals. You have every right to be filthy if it bothers you

So long as a club gets away with rule bending, they'll do it. Dogs have done it for years with our trademarked "wink wink handball wink wink", and until the umpires focus on it there's no incentive to stop.

For Richmond, sniping people off the ball and diving like soccer players is part of their brand, and until the AFL cracks down, why would they stop?
Bit rich coming from a dogs supporter.
1598102122877.png

Deserves a fine. Then hopefully he stops. No different to every other player in the comp that flops or dives.

Would be a long list of fines if the AFL cracked down on it

Again, this thread isn't about tonights game in general. It's not about the umpiring in general. It's about Dylan Grimes' diving specifically. Go to the gameday thread if you want to discuss the umpiring/giving away dumb frees/Bellchambers' efforts.

One of the three examples in this whinge/victim thread by a sore loser is tonights game. He got pushed in the back. So the OP has 2 examples in a 150+ game career. Bravo.

I'm not saying we were the better side. I accept that we're sh*t. Just accept that Grimes and Vlastuin dived to suck the umps in, which directly influenced the game.

When Stringer pushes someone in the back, guess what, it’s a free kick.
When dumb Tom drags his hand across an opponents head/face when the mark has been taken, guess what, it’s 50m. It’s not hard mate. Your guys made the errors. Not the umps.

Ok you smashed us. Can you please tell me what the margin was? 50 points? 100 points? Or 12 points?
Can you not read? I said we smashed you in contested footy and inside 50s? And you kicked 3 goals in junk time! A game is never defined by one moment

Richmond fans know nothing bad will happen if they just admit the obvious that Grimes dives yeah? You're not going to suddenly be out of the premiership race. You won't lose anything by simply acknowledging the obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Grimes and diving - Why the AFL needs to act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back