Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon everyone nose that JA wont be at the club next season. The other the likely change is either Crichton or Roberton or both. Is there some chance that that Mitchie could be delisted to be added to the Rookie list?

My viewing on Faulks is that if he is down at Fremantle oval training his butt off and has put on some bulk then he is a good chance to be offered a 1 year contract.

Possibly one of the delistee's will get a chance to train with the club in an attempt to be added to the Rookie list but I'm sure each of ND picks 17, 37, 40 (these picks will possibly move slightly higher with Adelaide/Melbourne penalties) and at lest 1 live pick in the Rookie Draft with another being a possible re-list (i.e. Mitchie, Faulks, Crichton - depending who gets delisted). No one is the wiser as to what is happening with Ibbo either. All will be revealed on 15 Nov.

If he does not want to be at the club we should just let him go, it's going to be tight with list management and we are going to have to cut either Crichton or Faulks who I dare say want to remain at Freo.

I reckon everyone nose that JA wont be at the club next season. The other the likely change is either Crichton or Roberton or both. Is there some chance that that Mitchie could be delisted to be added to the Rookie list?

My viewing on Faulks is that if he is down at Fremantle oval training his butt off and has put on some bulk then he is a good chance to be offered a 1 year contract.

Possibly one of the delistee's will get a chance to train with the club in an attempt to be added to the Rookie list but I'm sure each of ND picks 17, 37, 40 (these picks will possibly move slightly higher with Adelaide/Melbourne penalties) and at lest 1 live pick in the Rookie Draft with another being a possible re-list (i.e. Mitchie, Faulks, Crichton - depending who gets delisted). No one is the wiser as to what is happening with Ibbo either. All will be revealed on 15 Nov.
Michie just signed a contract extension not long ago so there would be hardly any chance he would be sent to the rookie list.

Michie will NOT be delisted. Kid's got a stack of ability and the club has (hopefully) seen him through long-term problems with his feet. If his body let's him be an AFL footballer it will be with us.

Quite bizarre isn't it. Melbourne have to add six players to their list, Roberton would be instant best 22 on their list. For a team that has played fairly solid finals football two out of the last three years we don't get too much respect, I guess it helps us retain our players though.

I wonder if we will use all our picks after all if Robbo re-signs. I would think Cricketown and Forks would be chances to be delisted and rookied. Any word on Ibbo? I'm not on the Ibbo sucks bandwagon so really hoping he stays around.

Bondy seemed to hint that we would also look at someone in the PSD so 4 may still need to be cut, in today's Slimes.

Bondy seemed to hint that we would also look at someone in the PSD so 4 may still need to be cut, in today's Slimes.

It was Rosich that said that so take it with a grain of salt. I'm not sure who they would have in mind for a pre-season draft pick.

Better not be offered a 1 year contract!!! Then go on with the same dramas of him wanting to go home!! If you dont want to be at the club go home back to Melbourne!! Would rather someone who wants to be at Fremantle!

No disrespect to Roberton and i know the situation... but if theres little interest back in Melbourne....Sign on with Freo and look after your family !! Have a massive pre-season and play alot of AFL next year and shove it up all those Melbourne clubs that said NO to you!

Smack of reality right there.

22 yo Have a kid on the way, wife wants home to melbourne be with family, "no worries Hun, I'll get a transfer to a melbourne club" put it through the club, start packing boxes telling the family we are coming home. Bam.......no club wants him, Bond knows he is wanting home, Freo have every right to delist and offer him a rookie spot at minimum chips.

There other blokes that would kill for that contract, why would we develop a player if we know he's going? Roberton will be playing WAFL every game next year as he will be gone by 2014 all the while by the bye will have a bub!

Imo (which mean sweet f$ck all) Dylan just has to grow up, suck it up and sign on for two years and have a serious crack.

Smack of reality right there.

22 yo Have a kid on the way, wife wants home to melbourne be with family, "no worries Hun, I'll get a transfer to a melbourne club" put it through the club, start packing boxes telling the family we are coming home. Bam.......no club wants him, Bond knows he is wanting home, Freo have every right to delist and offer him a rookie spot at minimum chips.

There other blokes that would kill for that contract, why would we develop a player if we know he's going? Roberton will be playing WAFL every game next year as he will be gone by 2014 all the while by the bye will have a bub!

Imo (which mean sweet f$ck all) Dylan just has to grow up, suck it up and sign on for two years and have a serious crack.
That's fairly ****ing heartless.

Alternatively, he signs a one year deal and works harder than he ever has before to ensure he can get a trade next year (if he still wants it). As far as I'm concerned, it's no different to an older player agreeing to play on for one further season before retiring.

I still think there is room for Roberton in our 22, and I hope he signs on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alternatively, he signs a one year deal and works harder than he ever has before to ensure he can get a trade next year (if he still wants it). As far as I'm concerned, it's no different to an older player agreeing to play on for one further season before retiring.

It's not quite the same is it. For starters I don't see him as say a McPhee who is pretty much a guaranteed best 22 - another year for him is worth it for all parties. He's proven his worth and provides a foil for younger guys to develop under him. Roberton is at the other end, he's on the cusp of being a regular team member, but he still needs to prove a bit yet.

I still think he's worth having on the list, even for one more year. As you say, there's no reason why he wouldn't put in, in fact he would have even more incentive if he's keen to show his worth to a Melbourne suitor - and that suits us too because we might actually get something remotely worthwhile for him in a trade. But at the same time, the club will have to show a bit of good will knowing full well that our work in developing him and giving him opportunities may be towards making him a better player for someone else.

It's not quite the same is it. For starters I don't see him as say a McPhee who is pretty much a guaranteed best 22 - another year for him is worth it for all parties. He's proven his worth and provides a foil for younger guys to develop under him. Roberton is at the other end, he's on the cusp of being a regular team member, but he still needs to prove a bit yet.

I still think he's worth having on the list, even for one more year. As you say, there's no reason why he wouldn't put in, in fact he would have even more incentive if he's keen to show his worth to a Melbourne suitor - and that suits us too because we might actually get something remotely worthwhile for him in a trade. But at the same time, the club will have to show a bit of good will knowing full well that our work in developing him and giving him opportunities may be towards making him a better player for someone else.

Nonetheless that development time may help us net a good-ish draft pick, so still fairly win-win

S

So as a Freo list manager who you going to play ?
1. Roberton help who is borderline 22 to increase his trade value during 2013 and send onto another team.
2. Play Sheriden, Foster, Neale who will be around in 2014?

S

1. Roberton help who is borderline 22 to increase his trade value during 2013 and send onto another team.

Whoever helps us the most next year.

S

If he's done enough to earn his spot, he plays. Regardless of who's expense it is. If he's contracted in 2013 and earns his call up, he plays. Simple as that. Nobody gets a golden ticket.

One of the few on our list that could actually fill in for MJ/McPhee. Though obviously not as good at rotating onto KP talls at this stage. Unless the succession plan is Ibbotson (contract pending), Forster (0 games) and...

Much like Lower (who I just commented on similarly in another thread) he's in our top 25-30 players which puts him in contention week-in, week-out. He played 10 games last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back