Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

It's good to have you as a Docker, Ross. I mean Crippa.

I have heard comments about Watters from his Subi days and they weren't particularly complimentary either.
I rate Watters, was actually hoping he'd take over from Harvey before we landed Ross, but he (Watters) lost me when we beat them this year and he spend the whole press conference blaming the umps, saying we didn't deserve to win, that they played the better footy etc. People of any character will act with some humility in those kinds of situation and have the grace to acknowledge the opposition effort. I think he was embarrassed to lose after Saints had the wood on us for years under Lyon. Understandable but he did nothing for his public image with that performance.

I rate Watters, was actually hoping he'd take over from Harvey before we landed Ross, but he (Watters) lost me when we beat them this year and he spend the whole press conference blaming the umps, saying we didn't deserve to win, that they played the better footy etc. People of any character will act with some humility in those kinds of situation and have the grace to acknowledge the opposition effort. I think he was embarrassed to lose after Saints had the wood on us for years under Lyon. Understandable but he did nothing for his public image with that performance.

Wonder if Plugger is Watters bigfooty account.

I honestly came in here to read a little bit up on Dylan.

Didn't quite expect the last few pages. o_O

Are people really that bitter towards St Kilda because you have our ex-coach? Can't quite work that one out, I'd understand if it was the other way around (scratches head)

Ross is a great coach, probably more rounded now than he ever was at the Saints. However he is gone, so why would we wring our hands and lament his departure?

Watters seems a good fit for where the club is now, I'd be one deluded fan if I though that a decline wasn't going to happen even if Ross stayed...

Appears much better at finding a list ready to roll and doing his thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dylan next year, and hope it works out.

I honestly came in here to read a little bit up on Dylan.

Didn't quite expect the last few pages. o_O

Are people really that bitter towards St Kilda because you have our ex-coach? Can't quite work that one out, I'd understand if it was the other way around (scratches head)

Ross is a great coach, probably more rounded now than he ever was at the Saints. However he is gone, so why would we wring our hands and lament his departure?

Watters seems a good fit for where the club is now, I'd be one deluded fan if I though that a decline wasn't going to happen even if Ross stayed...

Appears much better at finding a list ready to roll and doing his thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dylan next year, and hope it works out.
Why would we be bitter about having your ex coach? We freakin' love the guy. We only speak disparagingly of the saints because, you'd have to admit, you've given opposition supporters so much fodder lately for taking the piss.

Saints are probably the closest thing we have to a rival besides the eagles too.

Some crazy stuff has gone down on and off field between the two clubs in the last 18 years. Whether the feeling is mutual I don't know, but I'm guessing we aren't their favourite club since the Ross Lyon thing.

I don't particularly dislike the Saints, but I always look forward to our games against them.

Just out of curiosity I just watched his post game media conference twice and he didn't mention the umpires or get questioned about the umpires a single time. He mentioned a lot that they had the ball in their forward half for 60% and that they had won the clearances and the inside fifties but did not finish well enough to win.

Can't see why anyone would take issue with his presser to be honest, Ross Lyon also mentioned pretty much everything Watters did and I thought they both came across very similarly. Maybe you should watch Lyon's from the following week where he said basically the exact same thing. i think he even mentioned that we probably won the saints game through accuracy and lost the carlton game through inaccuracy.

Just out of curiosity I just watched his post game media conference twice and he didn't mention the umpires or get questioned about the umpires a single time. He mentioned a lot that they had the ball in their forward half for 60% and that they had won the clearances and the inside fifties but did not finish well enough to win.

Can't see why anyone would take issue with his presser to be honest, Ross Lyon also mentioned pretty much everything Watters did and I thought they both came across very similarly. Maybe you should watch Lyon's from the following week where he said basically the exact same thing. i think he even mentioned that we probably won the saints game through accuracy and lost the carlton game through inaccuracy.

That's pretty much how it went.

Scott was more about saying the Saints didn't take their chances.

Why would we be bitter about having your ex coach? We freakin' love the guy. We only speak disparagingly of the saints because, you'd have to admit, you've given opposition supporters so much fodder lately for taking the piss.

That's what I couldn't work out, and was just curious as to why....

I'm glad you rate him, he will instill hard work and discipline into your players....that's for sure.

As to your last comment, it's not like us supporters personally have given you fodder? We simply follow a football team, and can't control what they do or don't do, if they get into trouble or alternatively have heaps of success, it's nothing we've done or not done.

You support your side through good times and bad, I'm sure you understand the sentiment in that.

Saints are probably the closest thing we have to a rival besides the eagles too.

Some crazy stuff has gone down on and off field between the two clubs in the last 18 years. Whether the feeling is mutual I don't know, but I'm guessing we aren't their favourite club since the Ross Lyon thing.

I don't particularly dislike the Saints, but I always look forward to our games against them.

How weird is the list of stuff...

When we rocked up to Etihad a couple of years ago for a preseason game and the wild weather hit Melbourne resulting in a partial roof collapse...I remember standing in a cue at the gate watching the siren start the match and players running around in an empty stadium...the thought that rocked through my mind was 'of course, it's Saints and Freo'

Like that justified it somehow, so weird o_O

I'm thinking of one I heard on the radio the next day. I'm probably exaggerating somewhat but it just felt very ungracious to me, whiny. I got so sick of that sort of thing from Harvey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I couldn't work out, and was just curious as to why....

I'm glad you rate him, he will instill hard work and discipline into your players....that's for sure.

As to your last comment, it's not like us supporters personally have given you fodder? We simply follow a football team, and can't control what they do or don't do, if they get into trouble or alternatively have heaps of success, it's nothing we've done or not done.

You support your side through good times and bad, I'm sure you understand the sentiment in that.
I wasn't talking about the supporters, though. Just the saints, the club's exploits irregardless of the supporters, and the funny shit the players and admin get up to.

The feeling is mutual mate. If you ever venture into their board there is a lot of hate for Lyon and Freo.

Watters is muppet, never rated him.

That's what I thought prior to him getting the Saints job, but I've been really impressed at what he's done there in his first year. I'm now starting to think all the positive mail coming out of Collingwood about his coaching prowess may have been on the button.

I think we have a decent rivalry with Geelong. But there seems to be a bit of mutual respect between the clubs. We have plenty of close games and they're usually tough and contested. I don't really look at St Kilda and hate them enough... they're kind of irrelevant and even bigger underachievers than Freo.

I think we have a decent rivalry with Geelong. But there seems to be a bit of mutual respect between the clubs. We have plenty of close games and they're usually tough and contested. I don't really look at St Kilda and hate them enough... they're kind of irrelevant and even bigger underachievers than Freo.
Whereas Geelong are similarly successful to us

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back