Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

ross lyon/zac dawson/hell even our ******* runner say hi

doesnt feel good does it?
You faffed about with Ross' contract and we gave him what he wanted - pretty much the same story with Zac. If you valued them sufficiently, you would have had them stitched up well before any other club could have got their hands on either of them, so cry me a freakin river...

So you think he should value a footy club over his child? :confused:

Oh FFS - I moved with a 2 year old and a 3 month old, away from my support network, to another country with ZERO support and a partner who worked full-time. We were away for 4 years - and I survived. When things got a bit tough, I came home for a month to get a bit of a break and help with the kids, and my folks visited a couple of times... And I made friends, and joined Mothers groups and did all that sort of stuff to create a support network.

Sorry, but I won't be shedding crocodile tears for someone who can't handle being on the other side of the same country, and ditches the club who gave him a start. He was a 4th round pick FFS - not like he was a 1st round draftee and a lock to get picked up. If it wasn't for Freo, he'd probably be playing VFL. We developed him for 3 years, then he buggers off cos his gf's knocked up.

I was a little harsh and I take it back that I hope he gets delisted after 2 years - what happens now, seriously, now that I've thought about it a bit, is immaterial to me - good luck to him if he goes ahead and forges a 10 year career at the Saints. But I do believe he is lacking in intestinal fortitude... But maybe that's just me.

pro's and con's. gilbert is very good overhead and very quick for his size. his tackling is also an asset. his big weakness is his kicking. its shizen.

i'd be happier with taking robertons kick and giving it to gilbert.

Roberton is actually a pretty clever overhead. He's not an athletic leaper type by any stretch, but he's not a short guy and he marks well enough and will back into a contest and clunk them when he has to. Though Robbo is quicker than he looks, he's certainly not as quick as Gilbert, but he'd be very similar in most other regards and a better kick.

Roberton is actually a pretty clever overhead. He's not an athletic leaper type by any stretch, but he's not a short guy and he marks well enough and will back into a contest and clunk them when he has to. Though Robbo is quicker than he looks, he's certainly not as quick as Gilbert, but he'd be very similar in most other regards and a better kick.

One thing for sure is that Robbo is slow. I remember one game against Adelaide in 2011 (I think) he was trying his hardest (head shaking and all) to catch some Adelaide Player on the wing (someone who didnt seem all that quick). It was quite sad to watch really he looked like he was running on a treadmill and the camera was having trouble keeping them together in the same frame. Adelaide scored a pretty easy goal from memory.

Whilst he has very good endurance (mid 14 beep test) and takes a good mark his speed has always worried me and I reckon it was what put off major interest in him during trade period. Would have earnt another 1 year with Fremantle but not a significant loss. He also kicks the ball with a lot of loop.

Who really cares, though? St Kilda were probably in his ear, let's not be naive, and why should he try and do the righty? We would've gotten a pretty average offer from him as a trade. I reckon we've been fairly lucky in terms of homesickness.

He and his girlfriend have known each other since they were in primary school (I have a mate from Seaford who was telling me). So she did move over here with him, but I don't know when.

And the pregnancy thing wasn't a rumour. I follow Robbo on instagram and he uploaded a photo of himself with a kid in a hospital room. He has a little 'un.

So, she's already had the baby and they want to move home? I just assumed she was still pregnant, and they were going home during the pregnancy.

If Scott Watters has half a brain
He hasn't.

I'll never forget Watters' revolutionary new tactic, introduced when he became Senior Coach at St Kilda, of requiring players to form a "Circle of Trust" at the end of each training session - an innovation so cringe-worthy as to induce Goddard to flee at the first opportunity.

To address his personal shortfall in the brains department, Watters must be desperate to glean any inside info he can get on Lyon's game plan and coaching methods - the most coveted IP in the business. Why else would he draft Roberton when the Saints are crying out for a KPD and the likes of Jack Frost are there for the taking?

One thing for sure is that Robbo is slow. I remember one game against Adelaide in 2011 (I think) he was trying his hardest (head shaking and all) to catch some Adelaide Player on the wing (someone who didnt seem all that quick).
Agree that he's not the fastest, but I reckon I know the incident you're referring to. Go back and have a look, you'll see that a few minutes earlier he'd had a huge run up the same flank and so was pretty much knackered when the ball came back down the other way.

He hasn't.

I'll never forget Watters' revolutionary new tactic, introduced when he became Senior Coach at St Kilda, of requiring players to form a "Circle of Trust" at the end of each training session - an innovation so cringe-worthy as to induce Goddard to flee at the first opportunity.

To address his personal shortfall in the brains department, Watters must be desperate to glean any inside info he can get on Lyon's game plan and coaching methods - the most coveted IP in the business. Why else would he draft Roberton when the Saints are crying out for a KPD and the likes of Jack Frost are there for the taking?
I liked to call it the circle-jerk of trust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to squint into each others eyes and see what kind of men you're made of. i heard the real reason dawson left was because scotty told him to get into the middle.

I can see it now - N. Dal Santo squinting into N. Reiwoldts eyes as they prepare to do battle in the circle, mouthing the words "Speed is everything" and then gently biting his lower lip.

pro's and con's. gilbert is very good overhead and very quick for his size. his tackling is also an asset. his big weakness is his kicking. its shizen.

i'd be happier with taking robertons kick and giving it to gilbert.
Roberton would be as good as Gilbert overhead, he is also alot stronger 1v1 than his frame would suggest. The only thing Gilbert has over him is pace, but half the time he'll do a Peake use his his pace for evil rather than good. If Roberton progresses as i think he should, he should be replacing Gilbert types in the next 1-2 years. Worst part about Robbo going to the saints is my stk supprting mates who never rated him will now call him a gun for years to come and no doubt the ole "ahhh another freo player who jumps ship and becomes better for it" et al :rolleyes:

He hasn't.

It's good to have you as a Docker, Ross. I mean Crippa.

I have heard comments about Watters from his Subi days and they weren't particularly complimentary either.

I will look at this in a positive light if he becomes a very solid player for the Aints.

Will just show how much talent we had on the list and guys we are cutting from the list are walking into other clubs 22.

We can't retain them all...

Yeah, but we didn't cut Roberton... he walked.

He hasn't.

a lack of intelligence hasn't precluded Mick Malthouse from becoming a successful coach.
I heard about 3 minutes of him on 6pr the other week & turned it off when heard him say he was "a bit astonished".
I believe that the quotes he is prone to make are fed to him by someone who can actually read, a he then rehearses them.
Having stated that he IS a leader and has shown himself to be a reasonably effective coach, so maybe Scotty can also have some success.

Who really cares, though? St Kilda were probably in his ear, let's not be naive, and why should he try and do the righty? We would've gotten a pretty average offer from him as a trade. I reckon we've been fairly lucky in terms of homesickness.

He and his girlfriend have known each other since they were in primary school (I have a mate from Seaford who was telling me). So she did move over here with him, but I don't know when.

And the pregnancy thing wasn't a rumour. I follow Robbo on instagram and he uploaded a photo of himself with a kid in a hospital room. He has a little 'un.

I will retract my former post. In the West today, it says that he has a baby boy, Boston. So, she's already had it, obviously.
But Boston Roberton . . .too many 'ton's for my liking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back