Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll think long and hard... and then he'll stay in Mlebourne.

Its really a flawed strategy to think you can land a big fish in his prime thru FA when Perth teams travel so much and is a dog for entertainment. Perth is such a backward place despite the tremendous wealth. Teams in his home state are always going to be more attractive and are likely to land them at a discount to what we can pay. We need to pay probably 50% premium to compensate and that impacts your own stars and causes list mgt issues like Broughton being discounted because of backending etc contracts. He's gone from at least a 20's pick to a late 30's just because they ****ed up the contracting.

So we've lost out on Cloke (whether he was legit or not) and Goddard, won Pearce who is potential only plus lost Broughton. FA has been a bare pass so far. Pearce needs to be a star.

We need to get KP's or we will be stuffed in 2-3yrs.

Roberton will be delisted or pick 125 wont be any value in it. Just doing the right think by the player.

I think we need to finish top four to get Franklin. I'm certain we can beat Hawthorn on cash and I don't think his lifestyle would enjoy him taking a $250,000pa pay cut to play in Melbourne for four more years.

Purely business, I don't know how a footballer can turn down a five million dollar send off.

I think we need to finish top four to get Franklin. I'm certain we can beat Hawthorn on cash and I don't think his lifestyle would enjoy him taking a $250,000pa pay cut to play in Melbourne for four more years.

Purely business, I don't know how a footballer can turn down a five million dollar send off.

If he's being offered $850K in Melb then the $150K differential is probably not enough to move for. Its a lifestyle too. Post footy AFL is Vic centric, coaching, media etc. Very limited in Perth. Easy to catchup any differential.

Cloke turned down mega bucks to stay at Collingwood let alone in Melbourne. We need to recruit and develop our own. Once they are here and apart of our club, few are keen to leave. Maybe we should get over trying to get a mega-star and just go out and get a couple of good forwards that can work in with our clever smalls, to create an overall good forward set-up, rather than have a one player focused forward line. Collingwood often won when Cloke didn't play well. If we jag a big fish (preferably not Frankilin) then great but don't have it as your sole strategy.

Am I the only one who is more disappointed at losing Roberton then Broughton? Probably.

I see a lot of upside to Robbo. He will turn out to be a very handy player.

Am I the only one who is more disappointed at losing Roberton then Broughton? Probably.

In with you Dudley, maybe it's just the sentimental value of both trade situations.
Robbo is a very unique player that has many years ahead of him in his footy career, coach played him when in form, stayed injury free, played a key role in swinging and rebounding out back...

The same can't be said for Broughton in 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberton would be a half decent fit for St Kilda I would have thought.

Given he wants that way and Cripps wants this way, straight swap makes sense?
Apparently the Saints are offering Cripps AND pick 25 for Brown, and the Eagles are saying no! Can we throw them Silvagni for 25?

The eagles are acting like the spoilt rich kid at high school who has all the popular group bitches hanging off him, treating 'em mean and all.

It makes me sick that they get such an offer and the Saints are gunning so hard for Brown, SCOS isn't the best Key back around but he shits on Bitch Brown. :confused:

Yeah, it's probably been said a hundred times today about that Saints offer, but I just can't fathom why they'd give up so much to get Brown. He is shitful at the very best. He often struggled to break into the Wiggles line up and yet he's being touted as the Aints FB for many years to come. I can't stress enough; he is an absolutely rubbish footballer. I suppose the stupidity of the offer is only matched by the stupidity of its rejection.

Get on Robbo Aints! a better player (there, I said it), younger, more promising and what's more you only need to give us pick 26.

Yeah, it's probably been said a hundred times today about that Saints offer, but I just can't fathom why they'd give up so much to get Brown. He is shitful at the very best. He often struggled to break into the Wiggles line up and yet he's being touted as the Aints FB for many years to come. I can't stress enough; he is an absolutely rubbish footballer. I suppose the stupidity of the offer is only matched by the stupidity of its rejection.

Get on Robbo Aints! a better player (there, I said it), younger, more promising and what's more you only need to give us pick 26.
Agree ... its been a real strange trade season this one. I don't know what to expect tomorrow. Cale Hooker to GWS for pick 2?

For me Roberton is just another Drum, that tweener size about him with worse disposal, albeit harder at the contest and more durable. He's also incredibly slow so think the game will pass him by sooner rather than later, he'll be a solid 3rd defender for another few years though. For me Broughton is a much more upsetting loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back