Gaming EA Sports College Football 25 - July 19

Remove this Banner Ad

It was even better 10 years ago, and probably even better 10 years before that.....
I honestly feel the late 90s to early 2010s was the peak of college football.

In 1998 they brought in the BCS, this now locked in big games into the 4 big bowls, including one being the national championship. We didn't have this before 1998 unless it happened by sheer dumb luck.

However, when they then allowed access to 10 teams rather than 8 by creating an actual natty rather than it being one of the 4 big bowls, I feel it made it better and I feel it's thanks to schools like Marshall, and Utah that opened this up. This happened in 2006. It created access for smaller schools like Boise State, Hawaii, TCU, Northern Illinois etc. to gain access to these games. It gave the opportunity for the smaller schools to compete.

Look at the 2007 season and tell me that wasn't the best season of college football ever.

College football has always had parity and was always fun, but that extra reward of the BCS structure which we didn't have before it made it better.

But how they created the playoff, only going to a plus 1 format skewed recruiting. And created a small chasm which lots of smaller schools couldn't overcome, then NIL came in and made things almost irreparable. We're now at a stage that if you're not in the BigTen or SEC You are going to be struggling for relevancy.

2006-2013 was peak college football
1998-2005 was really good as well.
And 2014 even with a broken format, was still reaping from the rewards of the parity the BCS brought.

Sounds like you need to try more playbooks and change sliders. Varsity is far too easy you can win by 80 every week, all american with some sliders moved is feeling good.

Lots of the game depends on who you play as and against. Played against UTSA today and they were going tempo no huddle, saw a few new tackle animations one of them I was picked up and speared. There was a RTP glitch where they were calling it without the QB even being touched
I've got it on AA which is a good challenge

Varsity was a joke

I'm using Texas A&M for no reason at all. Had no idea who to pick and wanted to start of with a decent team

On another note, it's normal for receivers to run their routes wring sometimes yeah?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

WRs running the wrong route is either an option/choice route you missed or because you are on the road and audibles don't work when noise is too loud unless everyone has the road dog mental ability

Im going to say it the game is pretty bad, i think all of us were just hyped for anything and willing to accept anything just because its been so long for an NCAA game.

There is so many problems with dynasty mode I don't even know where to start I could write an essay about the issues.

The gameplay itself is sure fun but also incredibly broken the tackling and blocking is ridiculous like patches are needed for that stuff asap.

Nitpicking that their are wrong signs in a stadium like that is game breaking give me a break.

Is the game fun ? **** yes

Does blocking and tackling need fixing ? Yes

Is it a better game than madden ? Absolutely (havent had this much fun playing a football game in about 5 years)

Nitpicking that their are wrong signs in a stadium like that is game breaking give me a break.

Is the game fun ? **** yes

Does blocking and tackling need fixing ? Yes

Is it a better game than madden ? Absolutely (havent had this much fun playing a football game in about 5 years)

Glad you are having fun (as I do with Madden) & I'm not here to shit on the game but the few hours I played RTG pretty much convinced me I wont be buying it. Buggy AF.

This is the best football game ive played in ages. Yeah it has its issues most that will be fixed in the coming weeks. But the playbooks and schemes are great. Its been over 10 years since we had an American football game that wasnt built around UT. They already patched the poll logic in dynasty and some uniform bugs. just wish UT wasnt promoted so heavy at the menu with pop up banners you sometimes click into.

One of the things that stands out is that the "big game" comms team sounds so lifeless.

Im curious what you saw that was buggy AF to the point where you dropped the game before giving it a real chance rumply

Madden made them easily successful, but there are a few channels that were created purely off negative hyperbole.

After doing it for so long they wouldn't be able to enjoy these games anymore and instead their excitement from releases would be new the witch hunt that they need to go on to post content and get paid.

Not saying there isn't issues, but some of the examples only show me the real requirement is there need to touch grass.

give it a few years and Madden will retool the recruiting system and use that for free agency.
Just a simplified version where its like 5 categories. Coach prestige/stability, fanbase, Championship contender, franchise history, location or tv exposure. and have the big name FA's have dealbreakers. because like real life some players will take winning or something over the money

Just had a great game on the road @ top 10 Utah. They were blitz heavy got the with a long TD on a double reverse. missed a long FG last play of the first half. 2nd half was a bit banged up couldnt run inside on them. outside was barely getting more. They have crazy DL speed so screens would be blown up too. would keep staling around midfield. final drive just over 2 mins starting my own 15 down 10-7, barely pick up the first down, then get a huge 3rd down conversion on 3rd and 18. moving down get a big play on a slant. now inside the 30 with about 90sec left. start to eat the clock get to the 11. and stall. 4th down 17sec left Utah have 2TO and ice me. and not a bad spot just to the left of the uprights but there is a bit of wind. and bang off the upright no OT for me.

Im curious what you saw that was buggy AF to the point where you dropped the game before giving it a real chance rumply

Got about 5 hours left on the trial so hope to get some gameplay in this weekend. Was playing RTG & my GPA got nuked somehow, had issues with play selection. Was something else as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got about 5 hours left on the trial so hope to get some gameplay in this weekend. Was playing RTG & my GPA got nuked somehow, had issues with play selection. Was something else as well.
Did you fail an exam or do one of the text options like party or use the cheats? or just not spend enough energy to be prepared for the exam.

got my revenge on Utah in the Pac-12 title game. they were still blitz heavy but my slants and WR screens killed them. won 42-34. my D got a Pick 6 and forced a fumble.

Got a 1st round bye and now face Bama in the Fiesta bowl. Ayomanor finished top 4 in the Heisman and rips teams on the Jet push pass and gets left wide open on a wildcat reverse pass

Did you fail an exam or do one of the text options like party or use the cheats? or just not spend enough energy to be prepared for the exam.

Did everything I was supposed to energy wise, no cheats etc & advancing week by week nuked gpa. Was fine year 1, progressed well, year 2 whatever this is appeared.

Why does the menu have to be like
Loop Drumming GIF

so the quarter final vs Bama doesnt start well. down 17-10 at the half after getting a TD close to the end of the half. score a TD to open the 2nd half. they extend the lead, then i get strip sacked. but Bama throw a INT but forced to punt. 4th Q starts im down 27-17. go down a miss a FG. they get stopped on 4th down i drive down and stall get a FG with just under 3 mins left. force a punt get the ball back with 0 timeouts and 75sec left. get a 4th and inches conversion. and then a slant into the redzone and punch it in to tie.

Now into OT they get a FG. run for a loss. throwaway. 3rd down have the HB angle open but its dropped would of been close to the 1st down. and miss the long FG. the season is over. On to year 2 before i look at moving from OC to take over a small school at HC.

Semis are now Alabama Vs Georgia and K-State Vs ND

Stanford's HC moves to Wisconsin and i didnt even get a look at the HC job.

In the Semis Georgia won 38-28, ND won 27-14. National championship game Dawgs win 34-31.
Only just hit me that this was Catholics Vs convicts for this gen.

Time to start a new save with regional based conferences.

-IndependentPac-12MWCBig XIISECSun BetC-USAMACBig TenACCAmerican
1​
Notre DameBoise StateArizonaUTEPFIULouisianaOklahomaCentral MichiganPurdueClemsonArmy
2​
-WashingtonArizona StateUTSAFloridaLouisiana TechOklahoma StateEastern MichiganBall StateCoastal CarolinaBoston College
3​
-Washington StateBYUBaylorFlorida AtlanticLouisiana-MonroeTulsaWestern MichiganIndianaSouth CarolinaBuffalo
4​
-OregonUtahTexasFlorida StateLSUArkansasMichiganLouisvilleCharlotteMaryland
5​
-Oregon StateUtah StateTexas A&MMiami (Fl)TulaneArkansas StateMichigan StateKentuckyEast CarolinaNavy
6​
-NevadaAir ForceTexas StateSouth FloridaMississippi StateIowaBowling GreenWestern KentuckyAppalachian StatePenn State
7​
-UNLVColoradoTexas TechUCFOle MissIowa StateToledoMemphisNC StatePittsburgh
8​
-HawaiiColorado StateTCUGeorgiaSouthern MissMissouriAkronMiddle TennesseeNorth CarolinaRutgers
9​
-Fresno StateNew MexicoSam HoustonGeorgia SouthernAlabamaMinnesotaKent StateTennesseeDukeSyracuse
10​
-San Diego StateNew Mexico StateSMUGeorgia StateAuburnWisconsinCincinnatiVanderbiltWake ForestTemple
11​
-San Jose StateWyomingHoustonGeorgia TechSouth AlabamaNorthern IllinoisMiami (Oh)MarshallJames MadisonUconn
12​
-UCLANebraskaNorth TexasKennesaw StateTroyNorthwesternOhioWest VirginiaLibertyUmass
13​
-USCKansasRice-UABIllinoisOhio State-Old Dominion-
14​
-CaliforniaKansas State--Jacksonville State---Virginia-
15​
-Stanford-------Virginia Tech-

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming EA Sports College Football 25 - July 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back