Early Flag Market (2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite reports in the Gazette last week, I hear the Davies brothers (Doveton) are also heading to Buln as well.

Who is Ryan Hayes? Or is it Ricky he is talking about, i would think a supporter would know the players names.

Aussie bloke, Buln would need 10 players of there quality to be a chance at the flag next year.

Yeah and you already had 3 guns from the year before, Cann, Chandler and Bergels. Buln dont have anyone that quality i dont reckon. Nilma Added about 7 other guns and 3-4 good players.

Would be good to see nyora, ellinbank and buln all improve and make the comp more even next year.

Why are all these people leaving Dufton?

I am putting it out there that Lang Lang will win the premiership next season and start a Brisbane like dynasty.

If the 2 brother's from Longwarry stay at Buln they may just miss the final 6.Cant see big Russell g going to Buln think you may find he may play at Noble under Fogarty, as he was asst at Frankston when Russ played.I think he will play at a better comp.

its ricky hayes, leo if the players mentioned charles,hendy,hayes,hill, 2 davies ALL go to buln they will finish top 6 i guarantee that, few those boys have made team of the yr past 3 yrs, apprently off field issues have caused players to walk out. correct kenny, russ also had offers from a canberra team i belive..

its ricky hayes, leo if the players mentioned charles,hendy,hayes,hill, 2 davies ALL go to buln they will finish top 6 i guarantee that, few those boys have made team of the yr past 3 yrs, apprently off field issues have caused players to walk out. correct kenny, russ also had offers from a canberra team i belive..

I thought the davies were going to bunyip, and no buln wont make finals with those 4.
Blah Blah Blah heard the same thing for 3 years from nilma, comments like 'these blokes are better than anything in the league before" and the like,i am sure even plugger will agree that they were wrong about that and it takes more than 4-6 gun players to improve from bottom 3 to top 6 in this league.

I thought the davies were going to bunyip, and no buln wont make finals with those 4.
Blah Blah Blah heard the same thing for 3 years from nilma, comments like 'these blokes are better than anything in the league before" and the like,i am sure even plugger will agree that they were wrong about that and it takes more than 4-6 gun players to improve from bottom 3 to top 6 in this league.

So going by your theory, which i think is correct, then Nyora are no chance to play finals next year?

Probably not stinger, i reckon Buln would need to recruit 10 very good players to make finals. Who are they going to knock out?? Nyora probably needs the same. I think we should just aim to win 6-8 games next year and then have crack the year after.

Nilma, Cora Lynn, NNG, Dusties are all certainties to make it unless they have a huge walk out. Few rumours about catani losing a few but more thank likely they will be there. Bunyip have great coach and great young kids are have picked up a few so cant see buln beating them.

Buln's middle six players in 2009 (that will be the bottom 6 in 2010 if these others come from the doves) wouldnt be in Darnum's middle 6 in the reserves in 2009. In other words, almost all our top 12 players in our reserves would probably have played in Buln's seniors this year. Well, maybe thats exagerating a little but probably not if you were talking about Nar Nar Goon or the Cobra reserves.

As Leo said, will take a lot more than 4-5 players to turn Buln around.

Having said that, though, its a pretty good start. They are heading in the right direction. Not knowing these players, it is hard to comment, however if they were to win 6-8 games this year, it would be a good result.

We had players come in and find it a little tough to adapt to the EDFL style of play. I am thinking these guys will also have a little trouble. Good Luck to them though. As I said, they have to start somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Dusties still at $11?? Cos i would like to $1000 on it! Also would put $500 on Garfield now aswell.

Watch the stars saturday what a great game,Clint Williams kicked a goal with 3 seconds to go to give them the lead, so the goon peolple jumped around only for the goal umps to change the score board as it was wrong and the stars got up.Think when both teams are at fully fit and no injurys it will be even better to watch, and maybe a nng win.Any one from nng who can tell me who the to guy's are who yell gooners gooners after ever goal, someone needs to video them and make them watch it after the game as they are embarrassing themselves and your club.I felt sorry them.Looking at the score's Ellinbank what is going on.Goodie said,you would make the finals.

Ha ha that's the Mulcahy brothers. There's a heap of em, two of which played in the seniors on the weekend. We're not to worried about them, they are like that every week and they can sometimes make a very boring game a bit of fun. They are harmless Kenny, just very passionate supporters.

It was a good game of footy Kenny, would've been a great win for the Goon had the scoreboard been correct. Just on that, it's a ridiculous situation which needs to be addressed immediately. They can't go on having kids run the scoreboard when they continually get it wrong. It happened all day. It's too important. What if there was two minutes still to go and we had've flooded the backline thinking we only needed to hold them out? As it was, it never affected the game, but it certainly could have and it was heartbreaking for the boys to have thought they won only to have it taken away from them.

Garfield will be thereabouts this year, they have some very talented young players and seem to be well coached. In saying that, i don't think they will trouble the top 3 (Cora Lynn, Dusties, Goon) come the business end of the season.

Doesnt matter if its kids or adults tumble, people stuff it up. Try playing in a 1st semi, siren goes and your 1 point up after just trying to hold on last 2 minutes and just hitting the boundary line instead of trying to score. Only for goal umpires to tell you its a draw 2 minutes later. Then we lost by 5 points in extra time.

Ha ha that's the Mulcahy brothers. There's a heap of em, two of which played in the seniors on the weekend. We're not to worried about them, they are like that every week and they can sometimes make a very boring game a bit of fun. They are harmless Kenny, just very passionate supporters.

It was a good game of footy Kenny, would've been a great win for the Goon had the scoreboard been correct. Just on that, it's a ridiculous situation which needs to be addressed immediately. They can't go on having kids run the scoreboard when they continually get it wrong. It happened all day. It's too important. What if there was two minutes still to go and we had've flooded the backline thinking we only needed to hold them out? As it was, it never affected the game, but it certainly could have and it was heartbreaking for the boys to have thought they won only to have it taken away from them.

Garfield will be thereabouts this year, they have some very talented young players and seem to be well coached. In saying that, i don't think they will trouble the top 3 (Cora Lynn, Dusties, Goon) come the business end of the season.
I watched one of the brother's throw half a can of beer down after a ump gave a shit call, nothing could have been that bad,but pratty was the ump.Garfield i think will push if not beat Cora or Dusties at home.How good was the deck, shame about the change rooms.Goodie will Ellinbank still make the finals?They are the Richmond of the comp.

Yeah the deck is superb. They should get a main final there. Did you go in the change rooms Kenny? I thought they were pretty good. A lot better than they used to be thats for sure!

As good as Cora Lynn tumbleweed?

By the time you take into account both playing surface and atmosphere I can't imagine anywhere coming close to Cora Lynn. Only negative I have about Cora Lynn is that there is nowhere really to warm up. The rooms are too small and there is nowhere out the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Early Flag Market (2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back