Early Flag Market (2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

The surface is ten times better than Cora Lynn Surkin. It's like Pakenham but even better, not quite as spongey.

There was a fairly big crowd there on Saturday and the atmosphere was really good, Cora Lynn maybe a bit better but its not far behind in all areas.

Best surface in the league last time i saw it, but cora lynn should have the GF this year. Garfield will have a final though.

Interesting results in the twos this year, Ellinbank beat Cora Lynn, Bunyip beat NNG. Top sides lost a heap or others improved a lot??

Yeah i'm not saying the Grand Final should be there this year, just that they should host a decent final (2nd Semi, Prelim etc.).

Very suprised to see the Ellinbank v Cora Lynn two's result. I can't speak for Cora Lynn, but I know NNG have lost a fair chunk of last year's premiership side, through retirements, other committments etc. I think in round 1 v Bunyip they only had 10 from the GF side in. Not a bad thing though, they were much better on the weekend and with 5 or 6 to come back into the ones they'll be more than competitive in the second half of the year. It was great the club got that two's flag last year and we needed it, but i think the concentration for the next few years will be certainly blooding as many youngsters as they can through there to get them to senior level, rather than trying to win the flag every year.

That often happens with twos side, was lots of older blokes at NNG who obviously havent won much in there career so would expect a few retirements. Our twos are looking ok this year, should make finals i think.

Ellinbank were close against catani round 1 so must have improved a lot this year and cora lynn must have lost a few.

Twos standard has dropped off heaps wright across the board.If you can get your shire to pay 350000 to fix your ground you can play on a ground like garfield.All the sookin about being in the big league payed off .

Twos standard has dropped off heaps wright across the board.If you can get your shire to pay 350000 to fix your ground you can play on a ground like garfield.All the sookin about being in the big league payed off .
thats the only reason we stayed in that league so long,we had to get ground re done and changerooms fixed up.i guess it was all worth it in the end to play in a big league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Early Flag Market (2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back