Education & Reference early life crisis?

Remove this Banner Ad

lovely

Senior List
Suspended
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ook, so having move interstate for uni and left everything and everyone i know, i realise that i don't even care about my degree, thus its now suspended for the rest of the year and for the first time, i'm lost in limbo...

So essentiially i'm just asking:

How and when did you work out what you wanted to do with the rest of your lives?

Like seriously, is there a "lightbulb" moment or was it just a life long dream? How the frick is one supposed to know at 18?!:confused:

omg! like, i don't know, everyone is like so different. Serena on gossip girl still doesn't know, she deferred then went to brown then deferred again. But its easier over there because everyone travels for college and leaves everyone they love.

good luck
:):thumbsu:

ffs go out and have some fun.

Don't taking life so serious at your age..i wish i was 18 again...i wouldnt change a thing and do it all again.

ffs go out and have some fun.

Don't taking life so serious at your age..i wish i was 18 again...i wouldnt change a thing and do it all again.

If i had to do it all again
i wouldn't change a single thing
no questioning in my heart
when it comes to our love
i wouldn't change a thing

-Kylie Minogue, early 90s

Ook, so having move interstate for uni and left everything and everyone i know, i realise that i don't even care about my degree, thus its now suspended for the rest of the year and for the first time, i'm lost in limbo...

How and when did you work out what you wanted to do with the rest of your lives?

Like seriously, is there a "lightbulb" moment or was it just a life long dream? How the frick is one supposed to know at 18?!:confused:

You're not supposed to know at 18! Lol. Stop worrying.

Go out heaps, have fun, work, travel. Find out who you really are and what makes you happy.

I deferred my degree once and transferred my degree(s) twice. Just do what you like doing. It doesn't have to be for the rest of your life, and it's normal to change careers throughout your life anyway.

Just have fun while you're young and don't stress about the future.

18 lmao!!

jesus mate relax

i know blokes in their mid 30´s who stilld on´t know what they want to do... 2 of them have spent 15 years travelling the world and they dont have anything to their names.. job, degree, money, house, wife etc..NOTHING.

one of them is starting tos tress a little now and the other one coudln´t give a flying **** still...

You won't know at 18.

You probably won't know at 30 either.

It's highly unlikely you'll even know at 50.

The important thing is that when you're on your deathbed you don't have any regrets about not trying something new cause it interested you.

My advice, for an 18 year old, would be to get out there and find some low paying work in an industry you're somewhat interested in. Don't bother with the degree at 18 because you're likely doing it for the wrong reasons (because you got in, or because your parents think it would be good, because that's what you're "meant" to do etc). Then by the time you're about 23 you'll have a better understanding of the world, and what you want to do will be a bit clearer (it will change again though I'm sure).

But the concept of 'the rest of your life' is a strange one, you might die tomorrow. So what would you do if the rest of your life only amounted to today?

I would say to go traveling overseas for a year except at 18 you're probably a bit too young. Going overseas was the best thing I ever did. It sounds a bit corny and cliched probably but I found myself overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they should make the gap year program compulsory.

I had no idea what i wanted to do at 18, even with all the Life Skills lessons and Career Lessons they had at school.
I did know that i didn't want to settle down into something and then regret spending time and money doing it.
I just went out and got a job, learnt some things about life, met people who had experienced life and could offer their view and just go with the flow.
I changed careers a year after that and have gotten a degree two years later but am now already thinking of changing careers again at 21.
You just don't realise how much you learn about life and possible opportunities when you're just out of school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Education & Reference early life crisis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back