Early Markets

Remove this Banner Ad

Bahahahaha you need to stop posting on this forum. This isnt your market at all you loser. You just copied and pasted it from here didnt you?

http://footyforecaster.com/AFL/RoundForecast/2011_Round_18

LOL :eek:

St Kilda 1.25
Adelaide 5.00

North Melbourne 1.30
Brisbane 4.35

Sydney 1.70
Bulldogs 2.38

Gold Coast 33.33
Collingwood 1.03

Essendon 2.85
Carlton 1.54

Geelong 1.05
Richmond 20.00

Melbourne 5.00
Hawthorn 1.25

Fremantle 2.70
West Coast 1.59

Essendon should have Watson back this week too. I do think Carlton will win but it will be a good game, will probably head in to watch.

Carlton havn't beaten anyone yet this year and no one good since Round 7 2010, they never match up well against Essendon either.

But Essendon aren't anyone and are not very good, right up Carlton's alley

Yeah, they won't be contenders.

They should have beaten Geelong and I thought they were good on Saturday. You could argue that Collingwood were inaccurate and it could have been more, but the Blues were right with the Pies for long periods of the match, going goal for goal (3rd term was a good example of this).

Essendon have barely got across the line against Adelaide (who have lost to Port this year, and dont know how to win), and Richmond (who blew a similar half time lead, but have lost to both Port and Gold Coast in recent times.

The Hirdymoon is over and don't let their last couple of performances fool you.

Carlton at $1.60+ would be a nice bet IMO :thumbsu:

what ? did i say that I made them up ? of course its from footyforecaster whats wrong with that. Why would you automatically assume I am trying to trick people.

Yeah, they won't be contenders.

They should have beaten Geelong and I thought they were good on Saturday. You could argue that Collingwood were inaccurate and it could have been more, but the Blues were right with the Pies for long periods of the match, going goal for goal (3rd term was a good example of this).

Essendon have barely got across the line against Adelaide (who have lost to Port this year, and dont know how to win), and Richmond (who blew a similar half time lead, but have lost to both Port and Gold Coast in recent times.

The Hirdymoon is over and don't let their last couple of performances fool you.

Carlton at $1.60+ would be a nice bet IMO :thumbsu:

Yeah but if you put it like that, Essendon beat Geelong, Westcoast and Western bulldogs all teams Carlton havent beaten this season. Essendon matchup well against Carlton. We drew against them with 2 acl injuries in the 1st quarter. If you look at the last 3 weeks Essendon are in better form. Carlton have had a tougher run in that 3 weeks but should have won 2 of those games. Out of form and a mob of pretenders

what ? did i say that I made them up ? of course its from footyforecaster whats wrong with that. Why would you automatically assume I am trying to trick people.
Didn't acknowledge it. Therefore you plagiarised it. As someone said you have no credibility left on this board you should probably slink off.

Using examples like they just beat them, who lost to them is pointless

If you wanted too you could swing it with Crows beat the Swans in conditions suited to the Swans, and that Sydney are the only top 8 side Carlton has beaten since May last year etc

none of those losses were surprises.

Gold Coast beating Richmond wasn't a surprise?

Like I've said they aren't contenders and won't beat Collingwood or Geelong in a prelim.

They are downhill skiers though, and love to smash bottom 8 sides. Essendon fall into this category. I don't think it will be that easy for Carlton but they should win by 4-5 goals in the end IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if I asked you if they were your odds you would of said Yes. You only admitted they werent yours because you got caught plagurising. If you read the very 1st post of this thread that Vince posted, he clearly says to post "your own market". You instead decided to copy and paste.
No one on this forum respects you or gives you any credibility due to the constant amount of moronic posts from yourself.
I feel its time for you to wave goodbye

I reckon if I asked you if they were your odds you would of said Yes. You only admitted they werent yours because you got caught plagurising. If you read the very 1st post of this thread that Vince posted, he clearly says to post "your own market". You instead decided to copy and paste.
No one on this forum respects you or gives you any credibility due to the constant amount of moronic posts from yourself.
I feel its time for you to wave goodbye

no i wouldn't have you just want to think the worst of people. This thread was the perfect opportunity to post something from footyforecaster so I did. Im sorry for my contribution to this thread. Why would I claim it as my own anyway doesn't make sense what would be the point it is not like i would get anything out of it like its being marked or something.

Jump in and set your own early markets for the AFL's upcoming rounds.

This thread was the perfect opportunity to post something from footyforecaster so I did.

pcxVc.png

That depends on your market and when you have it set to %100 you will never have both sides as overs.

Take your West Coast Freo market, if they open up 1.92 for them both, which one do you back?

Get into the habit of setting to %100 and then you will have clear cut value for one team at stages, or you are likely to have no value for either team, which means there is no value in the bookies odds compared to yours. This means a no bet game.

Hi Vince. Love the simple equation to work out your own markets. My question however is, how do you work out the winning % of each team? Is it up to the individual? Do you calculate the winning margin of each game first?

Couple of months ago I was so inspired by Lenny29's value system approach that I made up my own chart that allows me to see VALUE by marking the winning margin for each H2H. Basically I mark a certain amount of points in relation to the odds given, for eg: 20 points is worth $3, 30 points $4 etc. If I see a team that will lose by no more than 20 points and they are at $4, There is my VALUE by $1..

Of course this is a inexact science, As you already know. What do you think is the best way to calculate the winning teams %? Hope I wasn't too confusing.

P.S Thanks Lenny for explaining your concept about UNITS. It took me a couple of go's but I understood it in the end ;)

Bit late to the party and have ignored the first 3 pages for purity's sake.

St Kilda1.26 Adelaide 4.80

Kangaroos1.38 Brisbane 3.60

Sydney 1.84 Bulldogs 2.19

Gold Coast 20.00 Collingwood 1.05

Essendon 2.08 Carlton 1.92

Geelong 1.20 Richmond 6.00

Melbourne 4.00 Hawthorn 1.33

Fremantle 2.30 West Coast 1.76

Bit late to the party and have ignored the first 3 pages for purity's sake.
Actually a good way to go about it. Make your own, unbiased, then read the thoughts of others. That way, you can be sure that you are practicing finding the value for you, and arent swayed by others.

Of course, adjustments are usually made, but it's a good way to go about it first up.

:thumbsu:

Hi Vince. Love the simple equation to work out your own markets. My question however is, how do you work out the winning % of each team? Is it up to the individual? Do you calculate the winning margin of each game first?

Couple of months ago I was so inspired by Lenny29's value system approach that I made up my own chart that allows me to see VALUE by marking the winning margin for each H2H. Basically I mark a certain amount of points in relation to the odds given, for eg: 20 points is worth $3, 30 points $4 etc. If I see a team that will lose by no more than 20 points and they are at $4, There is my VALUE by $1..

Of course this is a inexact science, As you already know. What do you think is the best way to calculate the winning teams %? Hope I wasn't too confusing.

P.S Thanks Lenny for explaining your concept about UNITS. It took me a couple of go's but I understood it in the end ;)
You are pretty much setting your own markets with that approach anyway. It sounds a great way to spot value. Setting a market would be the same way you work out your points based system, all you need to do is work out the percentages in relation to your points.

It's almost like you are setting the line for each game and working back to get your h2h prices, if that makes sense. As long as you are finding value, it matters little how you get there :thumbsu:

For me, I work out who I think should be favourite. It's the favourites price which then determines the other teams price. Obviously the team I think will win will be the favourite for me, so then I just go about moulding the market to the sort of match I think will be played. Much like your points based value system, without actually assigning the points.

St Kilda 1.18
Adelaide 6.50

Kangaroos 1.20
Brisbane 6.00

Sydney 1.70
Bulldogs 2.40

Gold Coast 21.00
Collingwood 1.04

Essendon 2.30
Carlton 1.75

Geelong 1.04
Richmond 21.00

Melbourne 9.00
Hawthorn 1.12

Fremantle 2.20
West Coast 1.83
Essendon, Hawthorn and Freo the value for me this week from the 1st odds posting

well well now that the round 18 thread has been put up, footyforecaster was the most accurate, seems as if I did contribute something after all. Especially on the carlton and West Coast odds that some people laughed at. Go Footyforecaster ! I don't even you use it just knew about it.

well well now that the round 18 thread has been put up, footyforecaster was the most accurate, seems as if I did contribute something after all. Especially on the carlton and West Coast odds that some people laughed at. Go Footyforecaster ! I don't even you use it just knew about it.
Blah blah. I plagiarise.

Go wait for some real odds elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Early Markets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back