Current Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Police have arrested a man in Italy over the 1977 murders of Suzanne Armstrong and Susan Bartlett in their Easey Street home. He fled Australia in 2017 after he became aware he was a suspect.

The man fled to Greece and couldn’t be arrested because local laws meant charges must be laid within seven years of the offence.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.

EaseyStGregory.png

Police have waited those 15 years for him to leave Greece so he could be arrested. They will now seek to extradite him to Melbourne to face the charges.

A police spokesperson confirmed a 65-year-old dual citizen of Australia and Greece was arrested at an airport in Rome in the early hours on Friday.

For you russian bots , long unsolved double murder in Melbourne

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a study done which if I find again will post. It claims that those who aren't caught the first time and go on to serial killing, often start in their teens then they tend to take a break and pick it back up again around 26 or 27yo.

The pressure's too much in their teens and they've usually killed close to home. By the time they're 26 or 27yo, they're independent, more sophisticated, travel further and the fear of getting caught for the first one, has diminished. They think they got away with it, do it better next time and keep going.
I think that's the point though with Perry. Seems pretty hard to believe he'd have escalated but then was able to bring it back to just armed robberies.

Generally if they stop, they'd stop altogether. GSK was a good example. Once he married/had kids, I don't believe he attacked again.

It would be very unusual for him to have committed double murder and then only going back to just doing armed robberies.

The vast majority keep escalating, I don't even recall hearing of one that escalated and then kept going with a lesser crime.
Likely but not unlikely

It could be that this was fear of recognition by Bartlett or both ' hey wasnt that the creepy kid that you teach ''

I agree he continued burglaries - and given 2 more cases close by - he may have indeed murdered again

But as Kurve said he may well have chosen softer targets and either not encountered anybody or was not challenged

I think that's the point though with Perry. Seems pretty hard to believe he'd have escalated but then was able to bring it back to just armed robberies.

Generally if they stop, they'd stop altogether. GSK was a good example. Once he married/had kids, I don't believe he attacked again.

When they get married, trawling for victims gets a bit harder and sometimes they end up married to someone who's watching everything they do.

I wonder if Perry got married and when, if he has any kids, what he did for work.

Lots of information to come.

When they get married, trawling for victims gets a bit harder and sometimes they end up married to someone who's watching everything they do.

I wonder if Perry got married and when, if he has any kids, what he did for work.

The Guardian article with his brother’s comments said he didn’t have a partner or kids.

That doesn’t mean he never had a partner at any stage, but I got the impression he hadn’t married.

Thought I'd read he'd never been married? Was in an article where his brother was claiming his innocence.

A bit more info in the chat with Kohn Sylvester

In 2017 the police decided they’d DNA test everybody in the file, 130 people (40 had passed away, so they needed family).

Suspect initially agreed to be tested then immediately fled to Greece, where he is a dual national.

Extradition only applies if the suspect can be charged in the country they are located in (Greece), not the country where the crime was committed (Australia).

Greece has a statute of limitations of 15 years, or 20 years in the case of murder. So he couldn’t be extradited from Greece.

So they had nothing except putting an Interpol alert on him and hoping he would one day leave Greece for a country where he could be arrested.

Sylvester became aware of this in 2017 but was asked by police not to publish it, as it would notify the suspect and he would never leave Greece.

Last week the suspect travelled to Italy and was arrested at an airport in Rome.

Another thing Sylvester talked about that I found interesting was about the relationships older school students and younger teachers may have had at the time.

Sly speaks of his own experiences where he had actually been to teacher’s houses - listened to music, even had a few beers. Modern standards have totally removed all that but it was a different time.

If this suspect knew the victim/s from school he might have been there multiple times before or at least felt comfortable dropping in - which tallies with the police conclusion that the murderer was willingly let into the house.

Based on this, the time of day, the post-mortem rape… the offender arrives at the house, attempts to initiate sex, is rebuked and (possibly under the influence of something?) attacks. The noise disturbed the other victim who investigates and herself is attacked. Rape occurs, the offender washes up in bathroom and leaves.

Poor Gregory sleeps through the lot, his door closed, the offender possibly not even knowing he was there - or just ignores him as he obviously isn’t a witness.

There’s also the elderly woman next door who saw thru the window the victim and a man sitting and drinking in the early hours. That would tally with this.

Claremont Serial Killer Bradley Edwards too. Stopped after the rapes and 3 murders in the 90’s.

The amount of stabbing seems pretty frenzied, in more modern times you'd associate it with some kind of drug use or a really, really deep hated of the victim.

Claremont Serial Killer Bradley Edwards too. Stopped after the rapes and 3 murders in the 90’s.

Edwards got married and his wife eventually became suspicious but he also discovered the internet where he could indulge in violent pr0n and kidnap/rape fantasies.

That might have taken the edge off a bit.

BTK stopped for years as well then suddenly, took killing back up again.

Okay, he was a welder and might be back in Australia by late October.

Mr Tuli said Kouroumblis, who had worked as a welder and had never married, was a 'normal person'.

The dual Australian and Greek citizen is expected to be flown to Australia by late October, with Italian officials telling the Herald Sun the process is already underway.

We can all speculate based on other crimes etc, but there are one-time killers out there.

While it varies in different jurisdictions about a quarter of imprisoned murderers reoffend (admittedly people who aren’t caught have more opportunity to kill again).

He might turn out to be another Dupas who just never got caught, but it’s possible he did it once and never again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So on ABCs 730 they are saying the knife found on Perry back in 77 was identified as the murder weapon...and that it was generally believed that he had found it that night.

I knew he was found with a knife, I didn't realise that they thought it was the knife.

So on ABCs 730 they are saying the knife found on Perry back in 77 was identified as the murder weapon...and that it was generally believed that he had found it that night.

I knew he was found with a knife, I didn't realise that they thought it was the knife.

I remember reading some time back that a knife was found at the train station but police ruled it out as being unrelated.

I just assumed police had found it during searches.

Had no idea it could mean a man had been found with a knife and that was just his story for it.

Or maybe it was all part of the disinformation they were running to try to relax him into leaving Greece.

We can all speculate based on other crimes etc, but there are one-time killers out there.

While it varies in different jurisdictions about a quarter of imprisoned murderers reoffend (admittedly people who aren’t caught have more opportunity to kill again).

He might turn out to be another Dupas who just never got caught, but it’s possible he did it once and never again.
My knowledge is Victorian specific and a couple of decades old, but the breach rate for all parolees was about a third (give or take a few percentage points). This includes reoffending, doing a runner or both,

I did see a report in the papers that the recidivism rate for released convicted prisoners under the the new stricter parole guidelines remains about the same or higher for those not released on parole.

The breaching rate for parolees released following a conviction of Murder, including reoffending, doing a runner or both was less than 10%.

Over a century, to the best of my my memory, a grand total of four persons released from custody following a conviction for murder have been convicted of a further charge of murder. As I said, my specific knowledge is not current, but i do keep a track of names I recognise.

I find it a bit weird that the default response of posters is to go the worst case scenario and start promoting serial killer allegations without any proof at all.

Not saying he didn't commit other murders, serial killers are only a miniscule percentage of all murderers.

I suppose that the serial murderer stirs the imaginations with visceral thrills

My knowledge is Victorian specific and a couple of decades old, but the breach rate for all parolees was about a third (give or take a few percentage points). This includes reoffending, doing a runner or both,

I did see a report in the papers that the recidivism rate for released convicted prisoners under the the new stricter parole guidelines remains about the same or higher for those not released on parole.

The breaching rate for parolees released following a conviction of Murder, including reoffending, doing a runner or both was less than 10%.

Over a century, to the best of my my memory, a grand total of four persons released from custody following a conviction for murder have been convicted of a further charge of murder. As I said, my specific knowledge is not current, but i do keep a track of names I recognise.

I find it a bit weird that the default response of posters is to go the worst case scenario and start promoting serial killer allegations without any proof at all.

Not saying he didn't commit other murders, serial killers are only a miniscule percentage of all murderers.

I suppose that the serial murderer stirs the imaginations with visceral thrills

Watson-Munro forensic psychologist, actually called the potential for a serial killer.

It might be though, that killing was self preservation in that Bartlett had recognised him. Even if 55 stab wounds seems rather excessive.

can no longer see the friends lists of Perry or Tony on facebook

but interesting comments on the one guys profile who was/is on Perry friends list,who loaded the video of Tony on the news onto his profile

Trevor Field
you know the bloke what do you think?

• 1d

Matt Smith
Did he ever talk about it?

• 1d

Ed Magee
Believe me now mate?

no replies from him yet,dont know why its saying 1 day only for that trevor field question,thats been there a few days already

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back