East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a Town of East Fremantle facility. They control and manage it and put in a lot of money.
Not just the oval but everything there
Very small council with a tiny minority who always be a pain in the ass.
Its a Town of East Fremantle facility. They control and manage it and put in a lot of money.
Not just the oval but everything there
Time to move.

This is from one of the councillors electoral statements. No idea who is so actively against us

My priorities are issues important to Plympton residents, particularly planned developments,
traffic management and parking. Similarly I will take a strong interest in the Oval
redevelopment and other issues affecting our Town.

Murdock, Baskerville and Jansen top 3 in the Lynn on Friday night. 2nd Lynn for Murdock, well deserved.

A few of the retired boys have dropped off EF playing list, as well as a couple reserves premiership players.....all expected losses.....with Strnadica coming on....no doubt with more ins and outs to come.

Cockburn Arc or Fremantle oval.

Let the East Fremantle council for a white elephant.
Fremantle oval sounds good. It’s not like they haven’t shared the oval before and could add a bit more spice to derby days. Fk EF council, they’re just being a…holes. I think we could get more revenue there than at a an oval without fencing, without real council support and wouldn’t really be giving a home ground feeling.

Fremantle oval sounds good. It’s not like they haven’t shared the oval before and could add a bit more spice to derby days. Fk EF council, they’re just being a…holes. I think we could get more revenue there than at a an oval without fencing, without real council support and wouldn’t really be giving a home ground feeling.
Sent emails to the Mayor and Deputy Mayor. Mayor seems reasonable but the deputy mayor isn’t.

As for the fence, my local club has a fence in outer Melbourne. They have it the gates unlocked during the week and on game day they have the gates locked.

I really don’t see the issue apart from dog crap on the oval. Which isn’t an issue at Pakenham.

Fremantle oval.

Fremantle oval sounds good
Doesn't look likely

City of Fremantle

Council endorses hundreds of apartments, upgraded grandstand in Fremantle Oval master plan​

Gabrielle Becerra MelletPerthNow - Fremantle
October 11, 2024 2:00AM

An ambitious plan for Fremantle Oval to serve as the WA hub of women’s football and a second-tier facility to Optus Stadium has progressed after the Fremantle City council endorsed a master plan on Wednesday night.

When completed, the new Fremantle Oval would be capable of hosting the AFL’s gather round WAFLW and AFLW finals and pre-season AFL games.

The multi-million-dollar plans span an arrival plaza, grandstand seating for up to 12,500 patrons, a health club, child care and about 240 new dwellings to revitalise the port city’s major asset by 2029.

The revamp of the oval would also categorise the football facility as Australian Rules category four and as a State Government tier two destination — which are currently in shortage across WA.

On Wednesday, Fremantle mayor Hannah Fitzhardinge said there was a “genuine risk” to local sport if plans were not progressed.

“If we aren’t able to provide better sporting facilities at the new oval we genuinely do risk losing the sporting content that we have there,” she said.

The Fremantle Oval Precinct Redevelopment Masterplan is open for public comment until 5pm on Wednesday 6 November 2024 at mysay.fremantle.wa.gov.au

A timeline for the development — which is being delivered in partnership with the South Fremantle Football Club, Fremantle Football Club and WA Football Commission — tips construction kicking off in 2026 and wrapping up in 2029.

Remove this Banner Ad

East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back