Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he means ben hughes. Finished third I think, with Sheil and Shirley rounding out the top 5. Ainslie smashed eastlake by 90 points today. Ainslie's pressure was top notch but eastlakes game plan was terrible. They are pretty suspect when the heat is on and refuse to go long down the line to a contest, always looking for a free player. Works ok when the pressure isn't up, but today they looked terrible. Ainslie in good form going in to the final, but the swans will definitely be a tough challenge. Should be a good game next week, hopefully a bigger crowd than today.

It will be interesting to see how serious the NEAFL tribunal is after the Prelim final on Saturday. Two Ainslie players should come under scrutiny as in the two incidents the Eastlake players were both concussed and were out of the game before half time, with one of them stretchered off, an anxious wait for one B Hughes. in saying that how do Eastlake expect to win the big games with that game plan, they handball backwards, sideways and to someone under more pressure instead of actually kicking the ball. Ainslie loved it as the just kept kicking goal after goal from turnovers. You know the game plan is not working when your own supporters are yelling "kick it" in the first quarter.

I think Eastlake's game plan/style of play could be attributed to their record in the home and away season. 7 wins from 17 games doesn't really communicate that they should be around in September...

former Essendon Rookie list player and Current Culcairn coach Kade Klemke to coach Queanbeyan next year. Will be a gun in the league.

I'm not sure he's the right man for the Mighty Tiges at the moment, younger than 2/3rds his list. Hope he goes better than what he showed on Saturday against Holbrook, even though locals tell me the older brother calls the shots.

Did Pav apply? My chat line says he did.

in saying that how do Eastlake expect to win the big games with that game plan, they handball backwards, sideways and to someone under more pressure instead of actually kicking the ball. Ainslie loved it as the just kept kicking goal after goal from turnovers. You know the game plan is not working when your own supporters are yelling "kick it" in the first quarter.

Was it really that bad? Did they change anything at half time, or just plod on like last year's Grand Final?

Don't you love spectators realising there is a problem before the paid ones?

No doubt, there was cuddles all round for a sterling 8 from 19 season!

Was it really that bad? Did they change anything at half time, or just plod on like last year's Grand Final?

Don't you love spectators realising there is a problem before the paid ones?

No doubt, there was cuddles all round for a sterling 8 from 19 season![/

Not sure Eastlake had the body size to combat Ainslie as the tri colours appeared to out muscle the young demons in close. Eastlake seemed to have only a number of players willing to get down and dirty and win the hard contested ball. Ainslies knowledge of the effort that was required at crucial stages of game was arguably the difference on the day. My view from what I've seen and heard of the demons this season is that they appear to only have two genuine consistant hard working players in the two Aarons (Bruce & Wiles) . Bruce had a quietish day Saturday and wiles's day was wrapped during the third term after threatening to turn the game on it's head after half time. All in all demons would have to be looking to find some hard in and under players to complement the likes of these two for next season to avoid another year of getting close. Ainslie on the other hand must have been praying for a st Kilda victory on the weekend as the task that is taking on such a strong Sydney side again this week seems a little beyond them

I'm not sure he's the right man for the Mighty Tiges at the moment, younger than 2/3rds his list. Hope he goes better than what he showed on Saturday against Holbrook, even though locals tell me the older brother calls the shots.

Did Pav apply? My chat line says he did.

If Pav applied and missed out then this doesnt say much for what they think of him over at Tigerland. I am unsure how he could throw his heart and soul into this weekend if he applied and has been knocked back... again.
I have tremendous respect for Adrien and i think he has done a magnificant job with QBN reserves while he has been there. probably 1 of the underated coaches within the league. i guess you dont get the kudos when you are coaching the reserves, but good luck to the new 21 year old coach of QBN. I know we made an offer to him based on his football ability, and obvious fact that we have Rouke as head coach for a few more years at least. We hoped that he wanted to learn a little bit more from the likes of Rouke and Bourke but he must want to be the number 1 man.
i wonder if Pav will support him? Tough Choice!

I asked the question over in the CD's thread but don't know that I will get a reply.

Is Ainslie putting a Div 4 side in next season?
Thinking of going to play there when I get back to Canberra and no doubt I'd start off there, being new.

AFC 2 your against me for my aggressive approach on here yet you are happy to come on here and sling your fair share of mud.

You had a dig at Michael Horne until he put you back in your box, you tried to make more out of Rod O'Rielly only for several of us explaining the facts including Michael Goiser upon your request and now you want to have a crack at the Tigers organisation without knowing any of the facts.

Your no angel when it come to stirring the pot. Kettle black mean anything?

Trust me when I say that Pav would have been involved in the process and he has been kept in the loop as to what the clubs movements have been.

I can also tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he would want what is best for the club moving forward and if this young playing coach is to be that then he would have Pav's 100% blessing as Pav is an unselfish individual who will always puts the club before himself.

The club respects what Pav has done on and off the field and are very keen to have him remain involved. He is a fantastic person who is loved by all at Tigerland.

........Oh yes we have a GF this week - Swans by 6-10 Goals in the 1st's and Tigers by 2-4 goals in the ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

........Oh yes we have a GF this week - Swans by 6-10 Goals in the 1st's and Tigers by 2-4 goals in the ressies.

Hey ABH

What is your tip for the 18s (the other senior game on Saturday), as the #1 mouth piece for this thread, I am sure you're intention was to not disregard the youth of tomorrow and you just forgot to put a tip in for that game;).

PS all, AFC might want to read;) his past threads a bit better before replying in a similar manner in the future. He wouldn't want to spoil;) things on this thread.

Cheers
BTB

AFC 2 your against me for my aggressive approach on here yet you are happy to come on here and sling your fair share of mud.

You had a dig at Michael Horne until he put you back in your box, you tried to make more out of Rod O'Rielly only for several of us explaining the facts including Michael Goiser upon your request and now you want to have a crack at the Tigers organisation without knowing any of the facts.

Your no angel when it come to stirring the pot. Kettle black mean anything?

Trust me when I say that Pav would have been involved in the process and he has been kept in the loop as to what the clubs movements have been.

I can also tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he would want what is best for the club moving forward and if this young playing coach is to be that then he would have Pav's 100% blessing as Pav is an unselfish individual who will always puts the club before himself.

The club respects what Pav has done on and off the field and are very keen to have him remain involved. He is a fantastic person who is loved by all at Tigerland.

ABH i have told you that i only have access to a computer at end of month and middle of month so i dont get the chance to respond. sometimes the thread has moved on as it has in this case but ill go over old ground here.

1) i thank Gois for his information although contrary to mine i actually beleive him when he says something. as the month rolls around i didnt want to go over old ground but happy to do so for you ABH;)

2) i dont care if michael horne got on here: my point was that i thought it strange he was feeding you info. the last time that occured was obviously your post regarding James Bennett coaching magpies. how is that progressing?

3) i have been assistant coach at 2 clubs so i know how hard it is to play loyal 2nd fiddle. my own issue is that i dont have the ability to talk in front of a group where obviously Pav's strength is. i just feel for the guy, thats all. how can i express that without taking pot shots at you or QBN? i dont think you read the posts in the way they are intended to be written and in that case i wasnt having a crack.

over to real footy, and IMO was that the tribunal showed that good hard footy is still ok and can be played in our league without fear or favour.
i think that having our best 22 out their on saturday means that we are a real chance of winning back to back ACTAFL premierships. with the swans 1st grade staying in last weekend means that they will still be hungry however i know who i will be barracking for in the AFL on Friday night.

AFC 12 points

Bourke has our 2's in good form and i think our athletisism will be too much for the Tigers. AFC - 4goals

Hey snap shot, they had decent numbers this year and almost got a 4th team in but the window has closed. I suppose it will depend on numbers at pre season training, so get along! As for the games this week, Ainslie will need to be at their best in the firsts, but I think they have it in them. They were miles ahead of any other Canberra team this year. As for the seconds I think ainslie will be too good too. Too fit and fast I would think.

ABH i have told you that i only have access to a computer at end of month and middle of month so i dont get the chance to respond. sometimes the thread has moved on as it has in this case but ill go over old ground here.

1) i thank Gois for his information although contrary to mine i actually beleive him when he says something. as the month rolls around i didnt want to go over old ground but happy to do so for you ABH;)

2) i dont care if michael horne got on here: my point was that i thought it strange he was feeding you info. the last time that occured was obviously your post regarding James Bennett coaching magpies. how is that progressing?

3) i have been assistant coach at 2 clubs so i know how hard it is to play loyal 2nd fiddle. my own issue is that i dont have the ability to talk in front of a group where obviously Pav's strength is. i just feel for the guy, thats all. how can i express that without taking pot shots at you or QBN? i dont think you read the posts in the way they are intended to be written and in that case i wasnt having a crack.

over to real footy, and IMO was that the tribunal showed that good hard footy is still ok and can be played in our league without fear or favour.
i think that having our best 22 out their on saturday means that we are a real chance of winning back to back ACTAFL premierships. with the swans 1st grade staying in last weekend means that they will still be hungry however i know who i will be barracking for in the AFL on Friday night.

AFC 12 points

Bourke has our 2's in good form and i think our athletisism will be too much for the Tigers. AFC - 4goals

are you actually serious about this statement? ainslie players getting of suspensions yet again, surprise surprise

Ainslie having a strong association with officials on and off the field is nothing new. You learn to live with it.

You're kidding aren't you? I reckon Ainslie would have won the free kick count maybe 3 times this year. All you had to do was watch the semi against the Swans. If any team has a "strong association" with the umpires it's Sydney. If you had seen the incidents from the weekend you would realise the incidents did not warrant missing a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back