Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

You're kidding aren't you? I reckon Ainslie would have won the free kick count maybe 3 times this year. All you had to do was watch the semi against the Swans. If any team has a "strong association" with the umpires it's Sydney. If you had seen the incidents from the weekend you would realise the incidents did not warrant missing a game.

I was actually referring to 2 things (and it was partly tongue in cheek in all honesty)...Andrew Toy back in 1994, seen out drinking with the Ainslie players til 4am after the extremely controversial GF and the amount of times a player like Gobbers has been reported and not punished (was it not 4 times last year or something)...only so many times the "he is big and clumsy" excuse can get you off.

Free kick counts and other bits and pieces over the course of the season, I would not know.

They did get a fair ride out at DFP in their last game against Queanbeyan. Must have been one of the three games your talking about.

Glad you cleared that up. I agree with you re gobbers, but he always seems to do things that are serious enough to get reported but not serious enough to miss games. Just little things that he needs to get out of his game. Having said that, when he gets it right he scares a fair few players on the other side, and every team needs players like that.

I do remember that game out at dfp, and yes, we certainly got a pretty good deal that day. But even then I remember a number of free kicks awarded that neither team seemed to understand. Seems as though it's a bit of a lucky dip, which is not good for players or fans. Why does it always seem like the umpires are watching a different game?

Glad you cleared that up. I agree with you re gobbers, but he always seems to do things that are serious enough to get reported but not serious enough to miss games. Just little things that he needs to get out of his game. Having said that, when he gets it right he scares a fair few players on the other side, and every team needs players like that.

I do remember that game out at dfp, and yes, we certainly got a pretty good deal that day. But even then I remember a number of free kicks awarded that neither team seemed to understand. Seems as though it's a bit of a lucky dip, which is not good for players or fans. Why does it always seem like the umpires are watching a different game?

Hughes slinging someone after they have disposed of the ball and knocking them out cold definately doesn't warrant a suspension. Totally agree with ya. Just didn't know that kind of courageous act wasn't frowned upon. Now we know this we will train and instruct our players to replicate for season 2012.

Regards
The big issue
Xx

Well done to Queanbeyans Super 2's.

Back to Back and Back!

4 flags in 6 straight GF years, a great achievement.

Congratulations to Ainslie on their terrific win. Must go down as one of their finest ever GF triumphs.

any news on the favourates for the vacant coaching positions down there?

Well done to Queanbeyans Super 2's.

Back to Back and Back!

4 flags in 6 straight GF years, a great achievement.

Congratulations to Ainslie on their terrific win. Must go down as one of their finest ever GF triumphs.

Well done QBN, hanging your hat on reserve grade premierships, all the best. Winning reserve grade premierships is like pashing your sister - It feels the same but you wish it was your missus...

All the best in celebrating tonight. Look forward to seeing the tigers seniors finishing at the bottom again next year and the super 2's romping to another premiership. Legends and history is made around winning 2s flags. All the best struggle town.

Just bumped into ben Hughes at academy. Was kind of an awkward moment as I walked into the toilets to find him tryin to shelve his premiership medallion. I didn't make a big deal of it as the poor guy has just been diagnosed with mild autism and a severe case of physical dyslexia.

Well done QBN, hanging your hat on reserve grade premierships, all the best. Winning reserve grade premierships is like pashing your sister - It feels the same but you wish it was your missus...

All the best in celebrating tonight. Look forward to seeing the tigers seniors finishing at the bottom again next year and the super 2's romping to another premiership. Legends and history is made around winning 2s flags. All the best struggle town.

What an idiotic comment.

Who is hanging their hat on a ressies title.

Congratulating a team on winning its Grand Final is hardly pashing your sister.

There are guys in reserve grade who will never be good enough to play 1st's, so to them this is their moment of glory. To belittle that shows how much of a moron you really are.

Please inform me of your achievements.

Yeah, must suck to be ben hughes, dual premiership player, must suck really bad. I agree with abh, well done to the qbn twos, they outplayed us. Can't take anything away from a 2s premiership, it would still be awesome to the guys involved. Amazing effort by ainslie today, enjoy the night boys!

And qbn seniors didn't finish last, that honor goes to the might of belconnen magpies football club. Well and truly on their knees. Let's hope it stays like this for some time to come.

And qbn seniors didn't finish last, that honor goes to the might of belconnen magpies football club. Well and truly on their knees. Let's hope it stays like this for some time to come.

Everyone gets their moments of glory. we had quite a few in the not so distant past remember. At least ours were hard fought, not token flags like the one handed out yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone gets their moments of glory. we had quite a few in the not so distant past remember. At least ours were hard fought, not token flags like the one handed out yesterday

For you guys and girls who really love your footy, log on to Thundervision on the NT Thunder web site at around 1.50pm today to watch a real Grand Final even though it being of the (stronger) Northern NEAFL cometition, this will at least give you an insite into the level that your Southern sides will need to get to when playing their Northern cousin sides in the Competition in the future.

I don't hang my hat much on next week's Grand final between North & East being much of a game, as I would reckon the boys might still be a bit furry after their big week of partying this week and rightly so.

For you guys and girls who really love your footy, log on to Thundervision on the NT Thunder web site at around 1.50pm today to watch a real Grand Final even though it being of the (stronger) Northern NEAFL cometition, this will at least give you an insite into the level that your Southern sides will need to get to when playing their Northern cousin sides in the Competition in the future.

I don't hang my hat much on next week's Grand final between North & East being much of a game, as I would reckon the boys might still be a bit furry after their big week of partying this week and rightly so.

Im sure if we made a combined ACT side as yous have done in the NT I'm sure we would be very competitive also. We're already through to next week you's hav'nt even made it through yet and yous are running your mouths. See how you's go against an SANFL< VFL or WAFL side. Illettis your best player and struggled to get a game at Port haha. Has he told you about his indesgretion at Belco??
Ainlie are ACTAFL champions this year and will be NEAFL champion by next saturday
NT is a horrible/filthy place so the thinder getting up this week would hopefully put a smile on a few degenerates faces

put that in your snorkel and drown jerk

While I don't think Snorkle should come here and gloat about his northern league being superior (shows a lack of class and becomes open to a possible mask of egg) it does make me wonder what preparations Ainslie have in place for the coming week.

Carrot lamp - was anything discussed re Ainslie week ahead?

Did this upcoming game take away from some of the usual celebrations after a GF win?

Will they take the game as seriously as the Swans game?

Being a new concept Im interested on the approach from Chris Rourke.

AFC 2 can you also shed any light on the above?

or Pokermon hero can you shed anything on it?

While I don't think Snorkle should come here and gloat about his northern league being superior (shows a lack of class and becomes open to a possible mask of egg) it does make me wonder what preparations Ainslie have in place for the coming week.

Carrot lamp - was anything discussed re Ainslie week ahead?

Did this upcoming game take away from some of the usual celebrations after a GF win?

Will they take the game as seriously as the Swans game?

Being a new concept Im interested on the approach from Chris Rourke.

AFC 2 can you also shed any light on the above?

or Pokermon hero can you shed anything on it?

We have been given last night and today to celebrate yesterdays win.
recovery tomorrow night then training as per usuall.
Mad monday celebrations will happen next week as a result of the 2nd grand final.

i dont care if hughes had won 27 premierships, he is still a sh!t bloke and heard a rumour off a mate in victoria and apparently his dad is his uncle... weirdo

I've heard of conspiricy type theories that after sydneys 1st grade lost friday night they we'rent real keen on the idea of their players going up to alice springs next week, oprting to put the cues back onto the rack as so to speak. this theory is incorrect we are just the best side ever thats all their was to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back