Toast Eat One Buckley Haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a strong night for Buckley last night. Keeffe to Tippett should have been from the first bounce and the use of Shaw was somewhat irritating, however he seems to have them pulling in the same direction now which is exactly what we've been lacking over the past 18 months.

BionicBeams considering how strong you've been against Buckley that was a pretty meek marshaling of the troops! The most serious concerns of the anti Buckley brigade were surrounding the lack of a game plan and over the course of the last 10 quarters (of which we've won 9) we've seen exactly what we've all been craving since he took up the main post.

Hard two way running, strong pressure on their ball carrier, sharp precise ball movement out of the back half and isolation of the KPF's in the front half. They're the pillars with which Buckley is piecing together the team and now finally, through lack of injury, we're seeing the fruits of his labour.

I'd still like to see Daisy in at the expense of JT or Blair (if Daisy can bring the same pressure) and Young or Seedsman for a little more penetration off half back/ wing, but on current form I'm seeing more than enough to be satisfied with the path the club is taking.

I think they always cared but glad to see you back.

No they didn't.

They've decided they do now. You can see it on the field. You can see the hard running, intense attack at the ball that's been missing all year.

Lucky too because you could argue that they've left it a week or two too late if you believe you can only win from within top 4.

My you fanboys are an intelligent lot. I'm surprised you managed to drag your greasy fingers away from the KFC bucket long enough to type that.

Hahahahahaha.

And those magnificent coaching efforts against Fremantle, Port and Gold Coast that have cost the team a top four spot this year?
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

No they didn't.

They've decided they do now. You can see it on the field. You can see the hard running, intense attack at the ball that's been missing all year.

Lucky too because you could argue that they've left it a week or two too late if you believe you can only win from within top 4.

Yep, spot on, thats the essential difference. I wonder if the fact it was the best 22 we have fielded this year (not just in terms of who is playing but also in terms of their individual form and fitness) by a country mile might have more to do with this difference than 'caring'.

My you fanboys are an intelligent lot. I'm surprised you managed to drag your greasy fingers away from the KFC bucket long enough to type that.

Hahahahahaha.

And those magnificent coaching efforts against Fremantle, Port and Gold Coast that have cost the team a top four spot this year?
Also I wouldn't recommend going onto the Swans' board and criticising the umpires and their diving next time...

They are an angry bunch over there at the moment.

Hahahahahaha.

Greasy fingers? KFC bucket? Lol your that far from the mark it's funny, definitely don't have a future as a psychic!

And for the record I'm no fan boy, I just think sacking a bloke half way through his contract when he's had a mountain of injuries is moronic, let him coach with a full list, see how good we are, and judge him on that. Calling for his head is laughable, but luckily it's only idiots like you stuck behind your computer screen making these calls, not people in positions to actually make decisions.

Leaving aside the influence of injuries on our year, massive as it has been, we should all think back to the marathon/sprint analogies that people provide when talking about football. Here we are, finding form at the business end of the season. It looks a bit like Richmond in the late 60's. I'm sure some of our insipid losses weren't planned, but the form of the team now suggests that the plan for a peak in September may have been there, and the lack of endeavour that we railed against may have been a consequence of a less intense preparation for those games. Perhaps our coaches have a clear understanding of how to bring a team to its peak at the right time. Sports scientists go on about it enough.
Really though, I go with the injuries as the major influence. In form Beams and Ball are just not replaceable in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I read over the weekend that this was only the 6 th game when Ball Swan Beams and Pendelbury have played together under Buckley added toThomas barely playing for two years. Which I think some forget how good he really is
puts buckleys coaching into perspective.
The benefit of having Dwyer Sidebottom Blair etc spend more time forward, wing or back due to having the big four back and the flexibility of Keefe cannotbe underestimate.

It is clear that Buckley can coach and too a high level.

Lets not get to carried away boys, Bendigo would beat the Bombers ATM and the Swans struggled to get over the Dogs prior to us, they're probably on a heavy training load.

I do see the good signs though, we're running-tackling harder-playing with more intent, if we beat the Hawks this week i'll take back every work i've said about Bucks, because if we beat the Hawks IMO we can win the flag, forget about this ''can't win from out of the 4 crap'', most teams don't win the flag from outside the 4 because they aren't a top 4 quality team.

I'm amazed at some comments here.

1. In regards to the discussion on Tippett:

Tippett kicked 2 early goals, then was held goal-less until the end of the 2nd quarter. He did have a chance to kick another during the quarter but missed. Brown actually played ok for about a quarter and a half and it looked as if we were slowly getting him under control.

However, he kicked that late goal which was not just Brown's fault...Tippett out-marked a pack of 4 or 5...and can you tell me where our 3rd man up in the contest was??

Anyway, I don't blame Buckley for leaving Brown on Tippett after half time because he had kept him goal-less for a quarter and a half.

Then Tippett kicked a very early goal in the third and Buckley made the change. However, Brown was caught out on Tippett one last time before the change was effected and Tippett kicked his fifth.

Keefe was on Tippett before the next bounce and held him to only one goal after that.

Ultimately, the move was made very early in the third quarter and it worked.

2. Other losses this season.

We are 13 wins and 6 losses...a very good record for a team with as many injuries as we've had to sustain.

Every side loses....even Hawthorn have lost 3 this year.

You can't go blaming every loss on the coach.

I thought Buckley coached ok in the Fremantle game to get the side from so far back to get into the lead. But then Ross Lyon moved things around after that. Also, the team was not running out games well at that stage of the year.

The loss to GC was littered with coaching errors. Buckley has admitted this, and has taken steps to rectify these errors going forward.

Every coach is going to make mistakes. I could count you 20 by Malthouse this year, and I could count many others in 2011 which may have won us the flag that year as well. I also wonder why he didn't tag Goddard in the first 2010 final or Lenny Hayes. We could've lost!

3. Going forward

There are still a few lessons for Bucks to learn. The use of Ben Reid in particular is important. We can't afford to concede 6 or 7 goals to opposition forwards. Reid has to go back at times to help out.

I think Buckley is been a bit stubborn...either keeping him as a permanent back or a permanent forward.

I think Reid is most valuable if able to be used in both roles.

The sharpness of Buckley's moves is also an issue. As I said above, Keefe was moved onto Tippett after goal 4, yet it took an eternity to switch to Keefe...and another goal was kicked on Brown before the move was effected. Our message needs to get to the players quicker.

Lets not get to carried away boys, Bendigo would beat the Bombers ATM and the Swans struggled to get over the Dogs prior to us, they're probably on a heavy training load.

I do see the good signs though, we're running-tackling harder-playing with more intent, if we beat the Hawks this week i'll take back every work i've said about Bucks, because if we beat the Hawks IMO we can win the flag, forget about this ''can't win from out of the 4 crap'', most teams don't win the flag from outside the 4 because they aren't a top 4 quality team.
Hawks are the measuring stick.
We beat them, I get excited...

and the Swans struggled to get over the Dogs prior to us,
You'd have to be a shambles of a team and a pathetic coach to let your team be bested by the Dogs.

Oh hi Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back