Ebert Morten Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading the reviews on the drafts and trading board & have decided that I would like us to take Masten at pick 2. We have a number of prospective high quality mids but most of them seem to be outside types who will recieve the ball and use it. I think that adding Masten will give us cover in case Coughlan does not get back to his best (which is likely). Masten would offer Foley & Tuck the greatest help in the guts in terms of feeding the ball out to the likes of Deledio, Connors, Edwards, Peterson, Casserly & Tambling.

As it stands I don't think we can really go wrong with either Cotchin or Masten as both a top quality but the question that needs to be asked is what do we really need another highly skilled finisher or someone else who can get the ball into the hands of the highly skilled finishers?

Had a very good year last year, but has been unlucky with injurys this year, very good kick for hes size played a couple of games in the ruck for geelong falcons this year but definetly will be a foward not a ruckman.
Apparantly the bulldogs have showed interest in him but imo i wouldnt pick him up anywere before pick 20.
Ahhh ok nice summary, thanks heaps kaino :) Would it be worth us at all looking at him for one of our later picks do you think? would he come in handy in the next couple of years?

Reading the reviews on the drafts and trading board & have decided that I would like us to take Masten at pick 2. We have a number of prospective high quality mids but most of them seem to be outside types who will recieve the ball and use it. I think that adding Masten will give us cover in case Coughlan does not get back to his best (which is likely). Masten would offer Foley & Tuck the greatest help in the guts in terms of feeding the ball out to the likes of Deledio, Connors, Edwards, Peterson, Casserly & Tambling.

As it stands I don't think we can really go wrong with either Cotchin or Masten as both a top quality but the question that needs to be asked is what do we really need another highly skilled finisher or someone else who can get the ball into the hands of the highly skilled finishers?

These 4 in particular, maybe peterson but i havent seen enough of him, can win their own ball. Deledio and tambling have both proven they can get high numbers of contested possies and i know deledio was averaging about 3.5 clearances a game last year. But these guys can all dish and recieve. The number of clever handballs Edwards has given this year in close has been fantastic.

Cotchin is very much in a similar vein. Its the type of player that really give opposition headaches.

If we wanted a purely outside player then Morton is the pick of the bunch. If we wanted a rover in the Haselby mould then its Masten. But cotchin has similarities to Bartel and G.Ablett. Not super quick but fast can win the ball and can deliver

Masten would offer Foley & Tuck the greatest help in the guts in terms of feeding the ball out to the likes of Deledio, Connors, Edwards, Peterson, Casserly & Tambling.

I would have thought on what he has shown so far rhat Connors would be more likely to develop into a top line in and under sort of player in the same way that Masten plays.

Ahhh ok nice summary, thanks heaps kaino :) Would it be worth us at all looking at him for one of our later picks do you think? would he come in handy in the next couple of years?

Nah i think theres alot of better players then him...

I would rather take Ben Mcevoy if he could make it to pick 20, but i think he will be picked up before then, hard working ruckman, not the fastest bloke going around, but has alot of endurance, hes skills are great for hes size, he also plays up foward and has very good hands, i think hes 199cms ? and around 92kgs.

These 4 in particular, maybe peterson but i havent seen enough of him, can win their own ball. Deledio and tambling have both proven they can get high numbers of contested possies and i know deledio was averaging about 3.5 clearances a game last year. But these guys can all dish and recieve. The number of clever handballs Edwards has given this year in close has been fantastic.

Cotchin is very much in a similar vein. Its the type of player that really give opposition headaches.

If we wanted a purely outside player then Morton is the pick of the bunch. If we wanted a rover in the Haselby mould then its Masten. But cotchin has similarities to Bartel and G.Ablett. Not super quick but fast can win the ball and can deliver

I would have thought on what he has shown so far rhat Connors would be more likely to develop into a top line in and under sort of player in the same way that Masten plays.

As I said I don't think we can go wrong with who ever we pick up.

Cotchin would be more valuable for us in the longer term,
Masten would be very good now.
Morton will be an outstanding player down the track and
Rance is a long shot at 2, but in the end, we need a bigger Full Back than Thursfield or McGuane.

So for me

1) Cotchin
2) Masten
3) Morton
4) Rance

Its going to be a mighty big selection. People who are dissing Morton and Rance have no idea.

Yep we have connors that can play that position similar to masten. And connors already proving what a bargain pick up he was. Will be a gem.

Cotchin would be more valuable for us in the longer term,
Masten would be very good now.
Morton will be an outstanding player down the track and
Rance is a long shot at 2, but in the end, we need a bigger Full Back than Thursfield or McGuane.

So for me

1) Cotchin
2) Masten
3) Morton
4) Rance

Its going to be a mighty big selection. People who are dissing Morton and Rance have no idea.

No one is dissing Morton mate all i have been saying is we dont need another flanker/reciever as we have plenty of them. Morton is a gun but not what i want at Richmond.
I am on the Cotchin bandwagon. Plus Richmond would of seen him first hand as he did the AIS thing with us and he is a Richmond supporter so Wallace and that would of seen him first hand.
Like i said if we cant get Kruezer then Cotchin is our man....

Here is some other draft profiles

Alex Rance - KP Defender - 194cm 87kgs - Swan Districts
Cyril Rioli - Onballer/FP - 178cm - 74kgs - St Marys
Jack Grimes - Utility/Centreman - 187cm 76kgs - Northern Knights
Ben McEvoy - Ruckman - 199cm 90kgs - Murry Bushrangers
Tom Collier/Tweener - Utility - 192cm 86kgs - Tasmania
David Myers - Backman/Utility - 190cm 85kgs - Perth
David Gourdis - KP Forward - 193cm 88kgs - Subiaco
Pat Veszpremi - Onballer - 183cm 83kgs - Northern Knights
Adam Maric - FP/Onballer - 179cm 80kgs - Calder Cannons
Scott Selwood - Onballer - 184cm 81kgs - Bendigo Pioneers
Tayte Pears - KP Backman - 192cm 90kgs - East Perth
Scott Simpson - KP Forward - 194cm 91kgs - Dandenong Stingrays
Steven Gaertner - KP Backman/??? - 196cm 83kg - Dandenong Stingrays
Tom Bellchambers - Ruckman - 199cm 91kgs - Tasmania
Levi Greenwood - Onballer/HBF - 181cm 91kgs - Port Magpies
Callan Ward - Onballer - 183cm 71kgs - Western Jets
Sam Reid - Onballer - 185cm 75kg - Queensland
Steven Browne - Onballer/HBF - 181cm 74kg - West Perth
Dawson Simpson - Ruckman - 207cm 97kgs - Murry Bushrangers
Patrick McGinnity - Onballer/HBF - 182cm 75kgs - Claremont

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I trust in whatever WEAVER says. What does the wise one propose for pick 2?

My belief is KPP KPP KPP KPP KPP. Big strong defender.
Weaver's mid season ratings on the drafts and trading board has Cotchin rated 2, Henderson at 3, Masten at 4, Rance at 5, Gaertner at 6, Morton at 7, Gourdis at 8, S.Selwood at 9 & Palmer at 10.

Weaver's mid season ratings on the drafts and trading board has Cotchin rated 2, Henderson at 3, Masten at 4, Rance at 5, Gaertner at 6, Morton at 7, Gourdis at 8, S.Selwood at 9 & Palmer at 10.

Thats interesting. I almost spat my coffee back out at seeing Gaertner so high but He does have massive potential.

if i could do my top 20 the way the ladder stands including PP i would go:

1: Carlton----------- Kreuzer
2: Richmond--------- Cotchin
3: Carlton----------- Morton
4: Melbourne-------- Palmer
5: Fremantle-------- Masten
6: Western Bulldogs- Henderson
7: Essendon--------- Ebert
8: Adelaide---------- Greenwood
9: Brisbane---------- Rioli
10: St Kilda---------- Selwood
11: Sydney---------- Gourdis
12: Collingwood------ Mcevoy
13: Kangaroos------- Collier
14: Hawthorn-------- Maric
15: West Coast------ Gaertner
16: Port Adelaide----- Myers
17: Geelong---------- Veszpremi
18: Richmond--------- Rance
19: Melbourne-------- Pears
20: Richmond-------- Grimes

Thats my mock draft at this stage.
Basically we pick up
1. Cotchin
2. Rance
3. Grimes
I would be happy with that outcome. As good as Rance is i reckon he might slip. Either him or Mcevoy will slip to our pick.

Basically we pick up
1. Cotchin
2. Rance
3. Grimes
I would be happy with that outcome. As good as Rance is i reckon he might slip. Either him or Mcevoy will slip to our pick.

19 would be carltons pick.......................i think. If melbourne beat us they lose their PP. I think carlton would have 20

Basically we pick up
1. Cotchin
2. Rance
3. Grimes

Take that in a second and would be PUMPED! But Rance wont last that long imo, St Kilda will get him at 10. They need a guy like that desperately.

Take that in a second and would be PUMPED! But Rance wont last that long imo, St Kilda will get him at 10. They need a guy like that desperately.

Not really they have sam fisher playing full back who has been outstanding this year, if anything they might go for a ruckman like Mcevoy as their ruck stocks are crap.
:thumbsu:

Grimes will be around our 2nd pick for sure. He is a good player but disposal lets him down a bit. We need players with skills like Cotchin.
I would rather get Selwood with our priority pick and a ruckman with the other.
Please Richmond dont take Morton. I really dont want him as i have a big feeling we will regret it in the end. :thumbsu:

I'm not sure if anybody has detected at least a small hint of irony between your anti-Morton stance and your user name......*cough*BuddyFranklin*cough* :p;)

And if it's a draw? (nil-all!?)
If it is a draw then we would get
1, 17, 18
And we would be the only team with a priority pick so a draw would be great for us
But we are RFC and nothing ever goes in our favour
A more likely scenario is that we beat Essendon and then the entire StKilda team gets a bad case of the flu and we get a walkover and don't even end up with a priority pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ebert Morten Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back