• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly-how much ego is required to prevent him having any insight into this?

Worth noting that Gubby goes and does the Mayne/Wells deals. Eddie going for his mate, with no due process was a major issue. Bucks targeted Balme as the person he wanted to help run things, Balme left Geelong as he was very fond of Bucks and wanted to help. Ed then ****ed it. I think it was a sliding doors moment personally.

Worth noting that Gubby goes and does the Mayne/Wells deals. Eddie going for his mate, with no due process was a major issue. Bucks targeted Balme as the person he wanted to help run things, Balme left Geelong as he was very fond of Bucks and wanted to help. Ed then f’ed it. I think it was a sliding doors moment personally.

#McGuireOUT

•That poll means bugger all. It's like asking @LiberalVictoria what they think of Dan Andrews.
•Anybody would think we'd tumbled from 4th to 18th and collected a wooden spoon. Perspective please people.
•We had possibly the most difficult draw ever thrown at a team in VFL/AFL history.
•We won our first final against WC at their fortress.

Now we have supporters in BF wanting to sack everybody and bring in...well nobody has a workable plan. It's bloody amazing.
We're all a bit frustrated at present, but I'm not convinced the people at the Club are incompetent imbeciles. We had a review 3 years ago and the people in charge now were given a tick of approval. We were within a bloody kick of a premiership in 2018......again.
I know what it's like to hunger after a flag. From 1964 when I first started attending games, I hungered for a flag. It took until 1990.

We've got a business-savvy board with great experience. We've got a respected coach. The debate about Eddie is legitimate, but unless there is somebody putting their hand up, it's a moot point.

BF is not representative of the broad Collingwood community. If it were there would be people breaking the door down to have a spill of the board.

•That poll means bugger all. It's like asking @LiberalVictoria what they think of Dan Andrews.
•Anybody would think we'd tumbled from 4th to 18th and collected a wooden spoon. Perspective please people.
•We had possibly the most difficult draw ever thrown at a team in VFL/AFL history.

Now we have supporters in BF wanting to sack everybody and bring in...well nobody has a workable plan. It's bloody amazing.
We're all a bit frustrated at present, but I'm not convinced the people at the Club are incompetent imbeciles. We had a review 3 years ago and the people in charge now were given a tick of approval. We were within a bloody kick of a premiership in 2018......again.
I know what it's like to hunger after a flag. From 1964 when I first started attending games, I hungered for a flag. It took until 1990.

We've got a business-savvy board with great experience. We've got a respected coach. The debate about Eddie is legitimate, but unless there is somebody putting their hand up, it's a moot point.

BF is not representative of the broad Collingwood community. If it were there would be people breaking the door down to have a spill of the board.

Absolute Dinosaur

I don’t think anyone on here thinks they represent the broad Collingwood community, but if you think these sentiments aren’t being echoed in other parts then you aren’t listening.

#McGuireOUT

We were within a bloody kick of a premiership in 2018......again.

It’s amazing how many supporters think the W/L column means the club is being well run/poorly, no other measurements.

This is a club who has won more games, played in more finals series and made more Grand Finals than another other club in AFL History.

On average we’ve made a GF every 3 years since we’ve been in the AFL, things must be going beautifully then.

He’s had enough for two/three terms as President, it’s time for change. #McGuireOUT

It’s amazing how many supporters think the W/L column means the club is being well run/poorly, no other measurements.

This is a club who has won more games, played in more finals series and made more Grand Finals than another other club in AFL History.

On average we’ve made a GF every 3 years since we’ve been in the AFL, things must be going beautifully then.

He’s had enough for two/three terms as President, it’s time for change. #McGuireOUT
and.............. we have not dominated the competition in terms of the ultimate success for 90 years

at least half a dozen other clubs have had extended or smaller eras of dominance - Cwood unable to create / manufacture / produce / sustain a period of success

float in, win a flag once in a blue moon then off into the never never again

and.............. we have not dominated the competition in terms of the ultimate success for 90 years

at least half a dozen other clubs have had extended or smaller eras of dominance - Cwood unable to create / manufacture / produce / sustain a period of success

float in, win a flag once in a blue moon then off into the never never again

And there seems to be a sentiment with older supporters that have been through even leaner years that this is just how it is.

Be happy where we are.

Why aren’t they looking to improve? It’s not like Eddie hasn’t had a decent crack at this.

23 years and counting, is he performing better or worse now than the mid to late 00’s?

#McGuireOUT

And there seems to be a sentiment with older supporters that have been through even leaner years that this is just how it is.

Be happy where we are.

Why aren’t they looking to improve? It’s not like Eddie hasn’t had a decent crack at this.

23 years and counting, is he performing better or worse now than the mid to late 00’s?

#McGuireOUT
I'm an older supporter - I think Cwood's performance over the last 50+ years is completely unacceptable and near intolerable

Absolute Dinosaur

I don’t think anyone on here thinks they represent the broad Collingwood community, but if you think these sentiments aren’t being echoed in other parts then you aren’t listening.

#McGuireOUT
Disrespectful much? I'm a dinosaur because I'm not for turfing out the entire Club with no alternative plan? I'm just grateful that you and people like you, don't have any power. Goodnight to you.

Disrespectful much? I'm a dinosaur because I'm not for turfing out the entire Club with no alternative plan? I'm just grateful that you and people like you, don't have any power. Goodnight to you.

You come into the thread without bothering to read any of the preceding posts.

- haven’t read a single post that suggests the entire club should be turfed out with no alternative plan

- Eddie, the architect of the handover succession plan, why not run a comprehensive search for his successor?

Everyone always says ‘biggest club in the land’ - Apples, with our supporter base and reach, do you think the current administration is the best there is?

23 years....and counting....no end in sight.... #McGuireOUT

I think he meant Eddie was the dinosaur.

Be happy where we are.

#McGuireOUT
Perhaps older supporters just know that revolutions that don't have a clear plan forward tend to turn up far worse leaders than they depose.

Well said mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give you a tip champ, I have been anti Eddie for a long time, I have always been shouted down. Not anymore.

Its becoming very obvious to most what is going wrong. It will get worse, far worse. Clearly there are major salary cap issues and they are going to cost us a very good player. Balme is laughing, another 3 flags, mean while nothing at the Pies, going backwards with a bullet.

Worth noting that Gubby goes and does the Mayne/Wells deals. Eddie going for his mate, with no due process was a major issue. Bucks targeted Balme as the person he wanted to help run things, Balme left Geelong as he was very fond of Bucks and wanted to help. Ed then f’ed it. I think it was a sliding doors moment personally.
Rfc 3 Pies 0, since the Balme Grubby mishandling.

We're all a bit frustrated at present, but I'm not convinced the people at the Club are incompetent imbeciles.

Five football department managers in four years.
Wasting too many draft picks on Beams and Aish.
Failure to trade/recruit any decent KPP.
A President who says stupid things every time he opens his mouth, especially this year.
A President who makes risible jokes about Vice-captains being found wandering half drunk and clothed in the streets on a Sunday morning.
A board member who is so out of tune with public sentiment and the use of taxpayers money running an organisation where service levels fall weekly.
No board members elected by member vote in 20 years?
Paying mid-range players A-grade money.

We had a review 3 years ago and the people in charge now were given a tick of approval.

It was all a bit like the Coate inquiry. It wasn't designed to find fault. A football department review conducted internally. A review of the overall club that identified the need for a limit on Presidential terms - hasn't happened. Jobs are still filled without a proper and thorough selection process.

And the review recommended the senior coach get in some new ideas for the coaching panel. Who are all gone now.

We've got a business-savvy board with great experience.

If Holgate is your idea of business savvy, then words fail me. McGuire isn't a businessman - he's a loudmouth games show host and media personality.

We've got a respected coach.

Respected by whom and for what?

Buckley is respected for his media performances and his knowledge of football. Not his coaching prowess.

It seems rationality has gone on holiday here and in similar threads. The Pitchfork Brigade is out and about.
I'll say it again, it's total lunacy to want to sack the board, sack Eddie, sack Ned Guy, sack Derek Hine. Did I miss anybody?
Now before #AndrewShawble and #lindalovelace fire up their nonsense again, I ask the question: who are your suggested replacements?

It seems rationality has gone on holiday here and in similar threads. The Pitchfork Brigade is out and about.
I'll say it again, it's total lunacy to want to sack the board, sack Eddie, sack Ned Guy, sack Derek Hine. Did I miss anybody?
Now before #AndrewShawble and #lindalovelace fire up their nonsense again, I ask the question: who are your suggested replacements?
somebody / some team who can get this club performing to its potential, instead of a single flag once in a blue moon. Minimise stuff ups like getting Gubby Allan back for 5 mins to do 5 years worth of damage.

Stop the President having a hand in getting Beams back (firstly paying too high a price to get him then having it unravel when he arrived - hello due diligence).

Have a culture where the vice-captain doesn't get blind and can't find his way home.

Not have a President that wants Geelong to explain everything about Jack Stevens then makes a ludicrous statement about Sidebottom.

I'd like someone who can get a team together to tackle this (simple) stuff that distracts from the core business - FLAGS!

Last edited:
I'm not in the let's get rid of everybody camp.
I do however believe Ed's time is up as our President.
He has too much influence, (directly or implied) on our Club IMO.
The excellent suggestion I saw, (somewhere??) was to make him Number One Ticket holder.
He can spruik as much as he likes then and our mild mannered President, (whoever that may be) can simply laugh it off as "that's just Ed being Ed".

Maybe we need a limit on how long the President can serve.
Just my thought's.

Is Ed headed down this path?

The longest undisputed reigning monarch known is Sobhuza II, who ruled the Kingdom of Swaziland (after 1973 as an absolute monarch) under the title of Paramount Chief of Swaziland and later King of Swaziland.
He ruled for 82 years, 8 months, 11 days.

Ed was never going to be one of these: (pity about that)

The shortest serving monarch of all time is believed to be Louis XIX of France. After his father's abdication during the July Revolution on August 2, 1830, he ascended to the throne, but abdicated around 19 minutes later. This reign is disputed, as some historians believe this reign is too short to be valid.

The next contender is the unnamed daughter of Emperor Xiaoming of Northern Wei who was appointed by her grandmother, Empress Dowager Hu. She reigned for a matter of hours until being replaced by Yuan Zhou.

Mexican politician Pedro Lascuráin served as the 34th President of Mexico for a short period of time ranging from 15 to 56 minutes before he quit in a coup d'état in order to make General Victoriano Huerta the next President.

Sorry to let you down Apples, I don’t have a shortlist of potential Presidents on hand.

Maybe we post an advert on SEEK?

Because in one post you say it’s lucky I have zero influence on the club (true), but in another post ask for who my replacements are. You speak like Eddie, Mr Haveit Bothways 😉

Be happy where we are.

#McGuireOUT
Hey, I'm an old goat, and I want change, right NOW!!

I dont have enough years left on this planet to wait for the Fat Controller to decide he's had enough.

Hey, I'm an old goat, and I want change, right NOW!!

I dont have enough years left on this planet to wait for the Fat Controller to decide he's had enough.

He’s not going unless it’s kicking and screaming. Won’t be a full John Elliott mess, but a couple of rungs below that.

Meanwhile, Christine Holgate is getting moved on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Eddie adamant he will lead club through a rebuild

Back