Eddie McGuire Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

360 was the first time i'd heard the patrick smith interview from SEN.

patrick smith is a grumpy old man who is rapidly fading into irrelevance.

but bugger me if mcguire didn't sound like a petulant child - "well i am the president of the collingwood footy club so get over it."

no, justify yourself eddie - tell us why you did the right thing in taking an unsanctioned interview as a club president, or admit that you did the wrong thing.

it feels like a timewarp. one show, and eddie is already failing to deal with his conflict of interest.

the comparison with andrew krakour is apt. as would similar comparisons with heath shaw or alan didak be. can you imagine how much eddie would blow up about it if they went on 3aw giving unsanctioned interviews?

i can, because we've seen eddie's purple face before.
Can you give me just one name of any person who either works in football or who reports on football who is not conflicted in some way?
Conflict of interest is a way of life in the AFL. Eddie is no different to anyone else.

I know it doesn't make it right but lets cut the sanctimonious crap that this is the only time it has ever happened.

Can't imagine eddy being too impressed if dunstall or brayshaw had interviewed Didak or shaw or any of the other collingwood boys post their little slip ups.

I really hope by 'On the Couch' you really mean 'Paul Roos'.

I mean to say 'The only show that actually talks about footy and is not filled with cheap gags', i.e. all the other Fox Footy shows and the crap Nine puts on the airwaves.

I hope you're not suggesting Paul Roos is intelligent..

I miss Hird. I reckon Roos and Hird should swap places, then the world would feel right again.

Really like this show, like somebody above said, no cheap gags like on the other shows (Before/After The Bounce being the worst offender).

The Footy Show has gone downhill since Eddie's departure. I don't mind Garry/James but Eddie steered that ship much better.

Looking forward to more EMT throughout the season.

Also, well-said above, everybody has a conflict of interest in football, Eddie's is the one which is talked about most because people don't like him or Collingwood

The Footy Show has gone downhill since Eddie's departure. I don't mind Garry/James but Eddie steered that ship much better.

I reckon that is one of the reasons they have brought Matty Lloyd back on the show (of course he was out of a job with 10 loosing the rights I suppose). I think the Billy/Crawf tag team was getting too much. You need balance on that panel, and Lloyd is not afraid to ask the tough questions - for example grilling Gaz about Melbourne's leadership and its wisdom of appoint young Jack as captain (and I'm a Dees supporter btw)

I missed the show last night and have yet to catch a replay but my gf watched it last night and said he had Jarrad Waite and his wife on the show and Eddie cracked a gag about Waite's wife being a Hooker. Can anyone confirm ?

What a germ of a bloke if he did say that, I hate Waite, but he shoulda given him two of the finest even if it was a joke.

I missed the show last night and have yet to catch a replay but my gf watched it last night and said he had Jarrad Waite and his wife on the show and Eddie cracked a gag about Waite's wife being a Hooker. Can anyone confirm ?

What a germ of a bloke if he did say that, I hate Waite, but he shoulda given him two of the finest even if it was a joke.

Eddie was just talking about Waite's missus' job saying how she has her own profession and it came out wrong and Eddie corrected himself straight away and they all had a laugh.

Credit where it is due, the show has been very good so far. Nice to have some serious discussion about the game, rather than a group of clowns taking it in turn to turn up in fancy dress, or get their clothes off or crack schoolboy jokes.

I thought Eddie handled the indigenous issue professionally & both Adrian Anderson & Martin Flanagan brought a balanced perspective to the discussion.

At this stage I will keep watching the program, as long as it follows the current format.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you're not suggesting that Paul Roos is unintelligent.

I suppose he's intelligent.

I'm not intelligent enough to work out how intelligent Roos is..

Well, episode 3 tonight. And I have to say that i've given it a go, but it's just too weak a show to hold my interest. It's basically the Womans Day of footy programming. Soft, feel good interviews can be OK, but not the stuff of must watch TV.

his interview with Kewell was pretty good, especially when eddie asked him a question and kewell looked at him blankly, then replied with a totally different answer.

I'm seriously enjoying this show.:thumbsu: The interviews are different from the usual we get during the week, and feature some amazing guests. Listening to David Hill tonight was amazing, you could listen to the man for days!

I'm seriously enjoying this show.:thumbsu: The interviews are different from the usual we get during the week, and feature some amazing guests. Listening to David Hill tonight was amazing, you could listen to the man for days!
This - what a brilliant interview. Both Eddie and David just seemed to gel and it was one of the best interviews I've ever heard.

Agreed. I was actually annoyed when the interview ended as i would have happily listened to David Hill being interviewed for another 30 minutes.

agree it was great - and as much as i'm glad that we have an "AFL" show not so small minded as to ignore other sports and broader issues, i'm starting to think this show would be much better placed on Fox Sports 1, or even on Fox 8

Agreed. I was actually annoyed when the interview ended as i would have happily listened to David Hill being interviewed for another 30 minutes.

yeah i would of loved a 30-60 min interview with Hill, or have it longer. by far the bust guest on EMT so far, and could be hard to top. i felt it needed more than 15-20mins

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie McGuire Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back