EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct... hopefully another ex afl player on the way, midfield is more than competitive now so some key position players would be nice, hopefully we can find the right mix, also getting two premiership players back from o/s so the depth will be stronger then last season

any one heard any news on Marbys coach for next year and any new players coming.

There are a few good names in the mix at Douttas - cant say much but expect an announcement as early as next week if all goes to plan. The candidates will not only bring a wealth of knowledge and experience but also a culture that is much needed at the club. Watch this space.

I heard a former Nth Melb footballer was a big chance...

There are a few good names in the mix at Douttas - cant say much but expect an announcement as early as next week if all goes to plan. The candidates will not only bring a wealth of knowledge and experience but also a culture that is much needed at the club. Watch this space.

Marcus Barham is the new coach at Doutta Stars. Barham won a couple of flags as coach of Gisborne before joining Abers as assistant to Dean Riloi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way would Marby entertain such a dud.

Douttas can keep him, would be very surprised if he ever got another coaching job in A grade.

He gets no respect from players and supporters.
I think you will find that he had the respect of the players and the supporters that were worth anything. He had no respect from the band of supporters with too much to say and not enough to do around the place. The way I see it - if you want to be critical around the place, rolls your sleeves up and do something instead of potting blokes from way back in the bushes. Its an epedemic that filters through clubs when they are struggling. Dont need that sort of negative influence and the sooner they move on the better.

Marcus Barham is the new coach at Doutta Stars. Barham won a couple of flags as coach of Gisborne before joining Abers as assistant to Dean Riloi.

Any truth to the rumour that Antony Rock turned down Douttas and is set to be announced as Greenvale coach.

In any event from what I have seen at Abers Barham will be a great addition to Douttas and I wish him all the luck I can to a man coaching at Douttas.

so who is coaching Doutta Stars if Anthony Rock is coaching Greenvale, what happening at Marby with the coach and players all leaving apparently.

Go Marby, three-peat in 2011

Good to see the league getting some good positive exposure.

Will be interesting to see who Bicer takes with him to Pacco, there was some really quality players playing in the ressies this year at greenvale so surely some of them.

Just changing tact here a bit boy's, want to pose a question.
Is TRUE LOYALTY now dead and buried in the EDFL? I have no doubt that coaches/players give 100% while they are at that years chosen club, but true LOYALTY means sticking with a club through thick and thin and this is a thing of the Past.
I am not having a GO at anyone or any club as it seems to me it is right over the whole competition.
The EDFL No.1 reason for being in existence is "Community Football". Creating an enviroment where communities can come together and represent their patch of turf every Saturday/Sunday.
The EDFL loves the exposure these high profile coaches give the competition, but I wonder how many of them will be at the same club in 3-5 years time helping out in a lesser role?
Anyway good luck to any & all who can make a quid out of coaching/playing local footy, I just hope they realise it is to the detriment of the VOLUNTEERS who do stick by the Club through thick and thin.
No point complaining about the $$$'s GV,KL,MP,OP & SM(&PV) spend, that is just the current enviroment and you do what you have to to be successful.
The standard of EDFL is at an all time high, but for me the Comp has never been more stuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back