EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news out of Avondale or Cragieburn there hasnt been much mention of these 2 clubs apart from Cragieburn losing players!

Avondale Heights have picked up ex St Kilda City Premiership player Chris Brannen, who made team of the year and was the clubs leading goal kicker last year 6 ft 3 center half forward with strong hands. Scott Harding 48 games for Brisbane Lions and 1 for Port Adelaide very handy pick up for the Heights. They will also have a couple of players flying down from Darwin at different times of the year also

Any news out of Avondale or Cragieburn there hasnt been much mention of these 2 clubs apart from Cragieburn losing players!

the word is eleven players from the team that played the last game of the season are gone - Nolan, Pretty, Bucks, Woodhouse, Betanin, Courouzou plus more. Don't know whats happening up there

the word is eleven players from the team that played the last game of the season are gone - Nolan, Pretty, Bucks, Woodhouse, Betanin, Courouzou plus more. Don't know whats happening up there
Fair to say the club is in trouble! Stripping Nugget of the captaincy wasnt the best idea in my opinion. The bloke has given his all to the club for years only to be shafted. Hope he wins a flag at Pacco... (Pretty & Butt's to Pacco too i hear?)

The decision to strip Nolan of captaincy came from there great Coach - what would he know about the club - only been there a minute : tried to change there jumper, take the captaincy away from one of the most loyal, hardworking players at the club. All I can say is the Committee need to have a good hard look at themselves for letting the Coach run the Club.
Also gone Hayes & Fricker to Montmorency. Also a few of their Reserves players are gone - Club will probably struggle to get numbers to field 2 sides let alone be a team to reckon with in A Grade.

Given that you know for certain how much Abers and Marby are paying there players reckon you could let us know, I would be interested.

it's great that you seem to know SO MUCH about the inner sanctum at Aberfeldie -- and I wonder why!! -- but here's a bit of advice... stick to personal emails and keep it between yourselves. Can't you all see that all of the angst on this board directed at Abers is all attributable to the diatribes you discuss?

Right or wrong, people will lambast you here for whatever you write whether it's factual or not. If you are such great people and supporters of your club then consider getting on the committee where YOU can make a difference!

No doubt there are many great people at Aberfeldie, working hard behind the scenes to give the club the future it deserves. Don't ruin it!!

I think you will find that Scott Harding has signed with Pt melbourne after knocking back an offer at box hill hawks.

it's great that you seem to know SO MUCH about the inner sanctum at Aberfeldie -- and I wonder why!! -- but here's a bit of advice... stick to personal emails and keep it between yourselves. Can't you all see that all of the angst on this board directed at Abers is all attributable to the diatribes you discuss?

Right or wrong, people will lambast you here for whatever you write whether it's factual or not. If you are such great people and supporters of your club then consider getting on the committee where YOU can make a difference!

No doubt there are many great people at Aberfeldie, working hard behind the scenes to give the club the future it deserves. Don't ruin it!!

One Shot I don't know who you are so I can't publicly name you on here (not that I would stoop to that) but in future how about you consider sending a private message if you are upset with something I post, rather than using my real name on an internet forum, which I really don't appreciate.

I am not to sure what you are upset about me posting, I don't think I have revealed any inside information on here and simply have expressed opinions about the EDFL and the club I support, which I thought was what this board was about.

One shot, its a dangerous game naming and shaming. I do not care, but you've made a fool out of 2 blokes that do actually put dollars into the club and I bloody hope I can convince them to keep doing it. It's a sh*t thing to do to people who have been involved with the club since they were 7 years old regardless of whether they are in the wrong.

And to suggest that they are the only ones posting is farcical...there's about 50 people on here from abers so maybe the club should put a ban on it and then we would not have a problem. Seriously, if you gave me a private message and I knew who you were then It would have been far more affective.

Lastly, nothing that is posted represents anything to do with aberfeldie FC as none of us have anything to do with it.

Jealous that you didn't break the news first?

I'm not an Aberfeldie supporter, but the boys do a great job posting on here.
The issue you have with the three of them should've been kept to private message and not some shambolic name and shame exercise (especially given you couldn't mention your own name!).

One shot, I appreciate that you have such a passion for Aberfeldie, but do you really believe naming and shaming fellow supporters is the best way to vent your feelings. You obviously know a bit about me, then you would know that I am fully paid up member. I do not believe anything said on this site has been of "inner sanctum" matters therefore your little tirade is ill conceived and off the mark. If you want to discuss club matters with me, you are more than welcome to private message me.

If you really do love the club, keeping these matters off a public forum may be a good place to start showing it.

Abers are overrepresented on this forum but the whole point of this is to have people post anonymously. While that does mean we get a lot of bs on here it also is meant to be a place people can talk candidly without people knowing who they are. Naming and shaming people is pretty poor form especially when you havent outed yourself!

Anyway if you had spent anytime supporting Abers or contributing to the club at all you would know the people you have had a crack at have started a Young Aberfeldiens sponsorship group. Great idea as there are discounts on functions and boys can be found at Abers every week supporting the club and raising money.

Kind of makes your credibility about zero.

So instead of trying to stifle debate on this forum lets get back into what big footy its for and that is having a crack at people anonymously so that we feel better about ourselves!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See on the website that Taylors Lakes are looking for a 2's coach? Not the ideal start to A Grade if they are still loking for coaching at this stage.

See on the website that Taylors Lakes are looking for a 2's coach? Not the ideal start to A Grade if they are still loking for coaching at this stage.

Really??? Got a link there GOONA

Any news coming from Strahmore, havent heard any signings I thought they would have been pretty active after there disappointing season last year.

Any word from Taylors Lakes re recruiting.
If they were smart they would accept they are going straight down and save there money.

Any truth to this, Crazyburn losing heaps of players???
That is the rumour at this stage. All will be revealed next week i'd imagine when clearances open this time next week. I think the most alarming thing for Craigieburn would be the amount of young "local" talent they have lost over the past couple of seasons. :(

Any truth to this, Crazyburn losing heaps of players???

True and more to go yet, coach and committee still not have contacted players about their futures and have no idea some have signed with other clubs.
Very sad situation up there unless they have got a heap of recruits they are not telling anyone about. Seems they all want to make their mark on the club which will backfire!!!

Any news coming from Strahmore, havent heard any signings I thought they would have been pretty active after there disappointing season last year.

Not aware of who they may have picked, however some disenchanted U18 players and parents with regard to the highly inflated player fees for 2011. Digby must be buying a new house!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back