EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Wow I'm amazed at how out of touch with time and cost people become!

Lets look at the figures:
21 players on $150.00 each per game $3150.00 per game
18 rounds makes it $59400.00
Now we all know there are players on a bit more than that so try a break up as follows:

Top 5 players $500.00 per game $2500.00 per round
Next 5 Players $300.00 per game $1500.00 per round
Next 11 Players $150.00 per game $1650.00 per round

Total payments per round $5650.00

18 rounds makes the total $101700.00 per year and you havent played finals yet. Good news is with payments this low you probably wouldn't need payments for finals anyway.

So I think it is clear that clubs are forking out well over the 100k mark with a few nudging 300k just for players.
Don't forget to ad coaches, coaching staff, medical staff and so on.
Sorry for the bad news but the figures are there to see that is why a system needs to be found state wide not just 1 competition before it is un workable for all.

Northern league are up near the 200k mark for most 1st division clubs and a few above the 200k mark.

Re: 8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

What a way to kick the season off.
I for one will be there (might even involve myself in the beep test) with the terrible efforts and lack of interest in cricket this year i have been hanging to see some quality football action. No doubt there will be a fair crowd there considering the quality of talent that will be in action... Even look forward to seeing a few of the footballers best halves in there finest summer get up ;)
Whoever has come up with this day needs to be congratulated and handed a cold one for getting this under way.

See you there, for those that know me, make sure you come and watch me in the beep test - i will be around 6-1 if you are looking to make an little extra earner on the side.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Great concept but seriously, Old Carey representing the Ammos? Thats like Marby declining to participate and the EDFL sending Taylors Lakes. Carey were a good B Grade side but not close to a top 4 VAFA A-Grade side. I wonder how competetive they are going to be against the 1st Division premiership winners of the NFL, EDFL & WRFL etc. Men v boys. Would have been great to see a VAFA powerhouse side Old Xavs take on those sides. Oh well..:(

Still its a great idea...

EXTRA EVENTS

Top post Brad and well done Matty on playing an integral part on this initiative!

It would of been great to have all the top sides playing in this however for those that will be present it sure makes for one top day of local footy.

We can only hope that each side will be able to have all their top liners available and their new recruits!

EXTRA EVENTS

no doubt a big congratulations much go to matty pillios for arranging this, what a day it will be in front of a massive crowd.

cant wait will be huge!

no doubt a big congratulations much go to matty pillios for arranging this, what a day it will be in front of a massive crowd.

cant wait will be huge!

also a big well done to ben charles who i believe has had a major influence in making this event go ahead!

Any news coming out of Greenvale, i would imagine Anthony Rock would be working hard to secure a few recruits and after missing out on Hayden Skipworth & Courtney Johns and with Scott Lucas only playing part of the season i would think some big recruits may be needed to take the next step!

RDFL thread has 'nugget' Nolan heading to kilmore to play with jacobs and other crazburn boys is there any truth in that 'the git'???

Oakers for premiers 2011

Havent heard it from the great man himself but i'm told he wasnt too pleased to be stripped of the captaincy after so many loyal years!
Wouldn't suprise me at all if he heads up the hume to Kilmore being that Jayco and both Gordon brothers (along with a swag of other craigieburn & ex craigieburners) are playing for the two blues this year.

Senior coaches in 2011 - any errors please reply with correction

Avondale Heights - Chris Johnson
Aberfeldie - John McMillan
Craigieburn - Paul Barnard
Doutta Stars - Marcus Barham
Greenvale - Anthony Rock
Keilor - Mick McGuane
Maribyrnong Park - Craig Clinnick
Oak Park - Phil Plunkett
Strathmore - Digby Morrell
Taylors Lakes - Steve Burns

Any news coming out of Greenvale, i would imagine Anthony Rock would be working hard to secure a few recruits and after missing out on Hayden Skipworth & Courtney Johns and with Scott Lucas only playing part of the season i would think some big recruits may be needed to take the next step!

Greenvale have completed 4-5 major signings to replace what they have lost and add more probably and with Anthony Rock on board im expecting them to be even better than previous years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nolan to Pacco it is a done deal, Woodhouse to Glenroy and a couple more to leave. Not sure what's happening up there but I think the supporters will need to start questioning the committee!!!!1

Nolan to Pacco it is a done deal, Woodhouse to Glenroy and a couple more to leave. Not sure what's happening up there but I think the supporters will need to start questioning the committee!!!!1

Nolan to 'B' Grade, that's good for Aber's as he always seems to have a field day against them.

To the GV Faithful, with Lucas now confirmed as Essendon's forward coach, how many games do you expect him to play?

Hasn't been much said about Heights? How are they going this pre season?

Nolan to Paccoe?? Can't beleive that. Surely he'd be trying to make the most of his talent and get the most out of himself. Maybe Barney was right. Leaders drive others by getting the most out of themselves esp in their prime!

Great work by Abers. Good to see. Can't beleive the coin they were asking and were offered and while you will never win flags paying two blokes that sum Abers had to do it.

Nolan to Paccoe?? Can't beleive that. Surely he'd be trying to make the most of his talent and get the most out of himself. Maybe Barney was right. Leaders drive others by getting the most out of themselves esp in their prime!

Great work by Abers. Good to see. Can't beleive the coin they were asking and were offered and while you will never win flags paying two blokes that sum Abers had to do it.

Thoughts on Douttas 2011 fortunes there hutch man?

Nolan locked at Pacco too, Burn & Lakes in trouble I hear - big trouble!!!!

Not to sure Abers offered the most coin, I think the Essendon connection at the club with Daniher and Skipworth mates and Johns being heavly involved up North in some stuff with Rioli helping get Abers across the line. I know for certain that some lingering issues between Johns and Lucas ruled Greenvale out and I don't think to many other clubs in the EDFL were in the running.

Abers don't really want to be tossing this sort of money at blokes but unfortunately that is the way the league has gone and we have seen from past seasons that you really need to spend up big to compete these days. To say that you never win flags paying two blokes that much seems to be a bit stuck in the past though, we have seen Marby literally buy the last two flags simply by throwing as much money as necessary at blokes. I know Marby certainly have a number of bloke on more than Johns or Skipworth but its what needs to be done these days to compete unfortunately.

Not to sure Abers offered the most coin, I think the Essendon connection at the club with Daniher and Skipworth mates and Johns being heavly involved up North in some stuff with Rioli helping get Abers across the line. I know for certain that some lingering issues between Johns and Lucas ruled Greenvale out and I don't think to many other clubs in the EDFL were in the running.

Abers don't really want to be tossing this sort of money at blokes but unfortunately that is the way the league has gone and we have seen from past seasons that you really need to spend up big to compete these days. To say that you never win flags paying two blokes that much seems to be a bit stuck in the past though, we have seen Marby literally buy the last two flags simply by throwing as much money as necessary at blokes. I know Marby certainly have a number of bloke on more than Johns or Skipworth but its what needs to be done these days to compete unfortunately.

I'm from the Goulburn Valley League and I was just wondering approx what sort of money Skipworth would command in your league, as I know he was offered quite a bit more than a gorilla up here ?

mate well done and great for Abers and great for the competition. Just a note when blokes talk to the majority of EDFL clubs you know what clubs are prepared to pay. Just like last year with Livingstone. Your comment on Marby is wrong. Yes they pay the most in the league but they have become a lot smarter on the amounts they pay. Nobody there is getting the coin Skipworth and Johns are getting and and they don't pay two of there many stars anywhere near that much. If they did they would not be back to back premiers. Abers had to do it and I'm glad they have. It will attract others I'm sure.

Puff Doutta's are in trouble which isn't great. Hopefully they can hang in there as a strong EDFL has Douttas in A grade. They are starting to tick now and have signed a couple with Jordan obviously the big name. I reckon they will be better coached this year which will make a difference ;)

mate well done and great for Abers and great for the competition. Just a note when blokes talk to the majority of EDFL clubs you know what clubs are prepared to pay. Just like last year with Livingstone. Your comment on Marby is wrong. Yes they pay the most in the league but they have become a lot smarter on the amounts they pay. Nobody there is getting the coin Skipworth and Johns are getting and and they don't pay two of there many stars anywhere near that much. If they did they would not be back to back premiers. Abers had to do it and I'm glad they have. It will attract others I'm sure.

Puff Doutta's are in trouble which isn't great. Hopefully they can hang in there as a strong EDFL has Douttas in A grade. They are starting to tick now and have signed a couple with Jordan obviously the big name. I reckon they will be better coached this year which will make a difference ;)

Given that you know for certain how much Abers and Marby are paying there players reckon you could let us know, I would be interested.

Don't kid yourself...Stewart and Ayres ain't playing for the love of the club or the great clubrooms or the brilliant city view...maybe you are only talking about the weekly wage they get, what about the famous sign on's that get thrown around etc etc. Good luck to Marby, I dont really care what they do but their results show that they spend money in the right areas. Nobody could doubt that their playing group is pretty bloody special.

You're right its good for the comp, and 2 blokes who have played AFL deserve to be paid a decent amount...but to suggest they are on sillier money than others is based on no actual evidence just speculation. There are very few people who know the amount, but or i'll say is that these 2 by all reports are quality blokes and have very very good relationships with people down at Abers...in other words, Im sure they could have commanded a lot more if they wanted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back