EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Covelli signed on again at Hillside as just announced on their socials. Great news for them as his very well liked amongst the playing group and obviously can play a bit 😜. I’m expecting some big announcements to come. The premiership reserves coach has moved into a football manager role with the current manager which is an excellent appointment. 2 football managers can only be a huge benefit as it’s difficult enough to get 1. New coaches and if they can land a couple of experienced recruits to go with there young emerging talent, expect them to really challenge in 2024.

Huge get!
Strange that they have signed an assistant coach before signing a coach but a great get for their young group and another option going forward is what they lacked
Experience and knowledge for a young group will be invaluable, the playing side a bonus. Seriously good appointment by Hillsde, interesting to see who is the senior coach. Have heard a few premier names floating around but nothing concrete enough to put it out there. Few clubs in this division having contrasting off seasons to date, should be back to a very even comp next season.

Experience and knowledge for a young group will be invaluable, the playing side a bonus. Seriously good appointment by Hillsde, interesting to see who is the senior coach. Have heard a few premier names floating around but nothing concrete enough to put it out there. Few clubs in this division having contrasting off seasons to date, should be back to a very even comp next season.
More rupo players moving to Riddell not sounding good..

More rupo players moving to Riddell not sounding good..

It seemed like Rupo were building nicely… let’s see if they bring any more in to cover.

Hillside could almost be sitting as favourites early days and they don’t even have a coach yet.

West Coburg is a big unknown at this stage with lots of rumours but no one signed as well yet… but where there is smoke there’s fire.

St Albans will be there about again you would think… should have the coin to recruit a few more to bolster themselves up.

Roxy getting worse so far, I wonder who Ross can bring in

Craigieburn bringing in a few and a young list which will be better again next year.

Can’t see the rest of the sides making the jump unless they recruit very heavily!

The silly season is definitely underway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just named in premier team of the year so very confused why he would drop back to B grade standard footy.
$$$$ not that he wouldn't of been on a packet at EK, but most likely getting the opportunity to drop back a level on similar money. St Albans go under the radar a little when it comes to the $$ they spend, would only of been behind Deer Park in player payments this year. Spend a bucket load on player payments from a very good source.

Robbie Castello to HS in 2024
Just announced

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Big signing for Hillside and he will be perfect for their group.

Bigger loss for KP. Captain and assistant coach. KP need to get signing or could be in big strife.

2 teams getting relegated next year again. Marby wont be as bad as Glenroy, and I have no idea about Oak Park, but they had a thirds team so seem to have strong numbers which is a great start.

KP need some decent recruits to improve on last year.

Hillside/ St Albans are looking like the teams to challenge West Coburg.

Bigger loss for KP. Captain and assistant coach. KP need to get signing or could be in big strife.

2 teams getting relegated next year again. Marby wont be as bad as Glenroy, and I have no idea about Oak Park, but they had a thirds team so seem to have strong numbers which is a great start.

How do you think Maribyrnong will go under Brodie Holland next season?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

KP will get relegated and back to division 2. They will be lucky to win 3 or max 4 games next year. Speaking to a few of their current players, they need a coach that is tactical and can get the best out of players in their favored positions. Watched Costello a couple of times this year and always looking for free kicks or arguing with umpires with waving arms OR spent a lot of time on the floor.
Anyway, i am sure he will do well at Hillside in a non-playing capacity.
Marby will make finals and possibly Top 2 - some big names heading down to Monk in the next couple months.

KP will get relegated and back to division 2. They will be lucky to win 3 or max 4 games next year. Speaking to a few of their current players, they need a coach that is tactical and can get the best out of players in their favored positions. Watched Costello a couple of times this year and always looking for free kicks or arguing with umpires with waving arms OR spent a lot of time on the floor.
Anyway, i am sure he will do well at Hillside in a non-playing capacity.
Marby will make finals and possibly Top 2 - some big names heading down to Monk in the next couple months.
I think with the amount of outs the Rupo have they will be lucky to field a side let alone win a game Galea,Swallow and Chachine signed at Riddell and have been told at least another 4 leaving

I think with the amount of outs the Rupo have they will be lucky to field a side let alone win a game Galea,Swallow and Chachine signed at Riddell and have been told at least another 4 leaving
Maybe not all roses down there like we’ve been made to. Interesting. Is it football department issues or club? From a prelim to a player exodus is bizarre tho

Maybe not all roses down there like we’ve been made to. Interesting. Is it football department issues or club? From a prelim to a player exodus is bizarre tho
Westmeadows had a pretty good 2022 season on field and we saw what’s happened there. Sometimes clubs just need to be aware of their capabilities.

Which 4?

Looking at the results of their reserves they won’t have much to bring in either unless they recruit

Cardillo & Podolczak rumoured to be moving. Braddy retiring. Luckily they seem to be likely to keep the coach.

Both Podolczaks to Riddell is what was posted on here about a week ago mate. Not looking good for Rupo at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back