EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the WM v HS game on video, well done to WM believed they could win & capitalised on HS lack of talls.
Riley Hearne did a great job on Bailey Ryan, ruckman Delbridge he’s a good player, WM took too many overhead marks.

Not sure who does HS best players but they must have only watched the last qtr. Only 4 qtr performers were Wunhym & Pettigrove.

Westmeadows breathed some life into relegation battle.

HS need to get injured players back & not drop away.

I was wrong - Congratulations to Keilor Park for avoiding relegation- a great effort. I just didn't realise that Glenroy & Tullamarine had dropped so far off the pace and West Meadows ( even though they beat both KP& Hillside at Home) will fight it out. It's crazy how the bottom 6 teams (including Craigieburn & MV) are only separated by the availbility of 2-3 players on any given day. I suppose this should avoid any blow outs.

On another note - Where are all these posters claiming that Deer Park should be straight in Premier and will be belting every team by 15-20 goals on a weekly basis - Haven't seen this yet, in fact teams have been very competitive against them. Maybe they are saving it for finals time when the Premier teams will be watching....

No idea something the league will have to sort out. But surely work out an allegiance with another ground.

Mate it’s a disgrace you can’t play premier competition on that joint. Shouldn’t play any senior football there fills too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
last time they were in Prem they played at Shore Reserve, so why would they need to find a new ground, nothing has changed, might not have to worry for another year, DP will get out of 1st gear in a few more weeks!

I was wrong - Congratulations to Keilor Park for avoiding relegation- a great effort. I just didn't realise that Glenroy & Tullamarine had dropped so far off the pace and West Meadows ( even though they beat both KP& Hillside at Home) will fight it out. It's crazy how the bottom 6 teams (including Craigieburn & MV) are only separated by the availbility of 2-3 players on any given day. I suppose this should avoid any blow outs.

On another note - Where are all these posters claiming that Deer Park should be straight in Premier and will be belting every team by 15-20 goals on a weekly basis - Haven't seen this yet, in fact teams have been very competitive against them. Maybe they are saving it for finals time when the Premier teams will be watching....
Deer Park just playing with teams atm and maybe to keep within the cap to some degree. They still have a number of players out that are genuine A graders.
I think West Coburg unfortunately might encounter a similar situation to last year when come finals they just come up against a more balanced side across the park with to many scoring options to contain. Just my opinion!!

Covelli still in the reserves and that being the case I think Hillside might miss the top 4. Also Bailey Ryan could return to the bullants. Leaves a huge hole in their forward line. As you know Covelli is a star of the division and just his presence is missed.

Deer Park just playing with teams atm and maybe to keep within the cap to some degree. They still have a number of players out that are genuine A graders.
I think West Coburg unfortunately might encounter a similar situation to last year when come finals they just come up against a more balanced side across the park with to many scoring options to contain. Just my opinion!!

Covelli still in the reserves and that being the case I think Hillside might miss the top 4. Also Bailey Ryan could return to the bullants. Leaves a huge hole in their forward line. As you know Covelli is a star of the division and just his presence is missed.
I watched the first 3 quarters Saturday and I would hope Deer Park have a few players to come back. Because Roxburgh Park were the betteer side in the first half and should have gone in with a lead. I'm not sure what happened but Deeer Park kicked 2-3 goals without the ball going back to the middle and then another 50 metre penalty not 1 minute later, to give them another goal.

They did get on top on the third and I'm not sure what happened in the last. But they are not a dominant force at all.

Watched the WM v HS game on video, well done to WM believed they could win & capitalised on HS lack of talls.
Riley Hearne did a great job on Bailey Ryan, ruckman Delbridge he’s a good player, WM took too many overhead marks.

Not sure who does HS best players but they must have only watched the last qtr. Only 4 qtr performers were Wunhym & Pettigrove.

Westmeadows breathed some life into relegation battle.

HS need to get injured players back & not drop away.
Agree 100%, Riley Hearne is becoming a very reliable defender and yes I called the big man Delbridge to be the best big man player in the comp after watching the 1st game of year. I'm going to go out and say massive chance to win league B&F. Westy might just stay up if we continue to perform like Saturday they have a few out to come back from injury and overseas

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree 100%, Riley Hearne is becoming a very reliable defender and yes I called the big man Delbridge to be the best big man player in the comp after watching the 1st game of year. I'm going to go out and say massive chance to win league B&F. Westy might just stay up if we continue to perform like Saturday they have a few out to come back from injury and overseas

Big call
Toty ruck will be interesting between your man and Roxy ruckman and DP ruckman
Although I’ve seen Roxy ruck play on ball quite abit in games I’ve watched as opposed to other teo

Others might have a better take though

Big game for both sides this weekend.

That is so funny, Deer Park keeping within the cap. Ha Ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will cost them.

I also believe many players not happy but they are remaining .

When communication is not a key coaching element it becomes toxic.

In the two losses kerbatieh was very good.

Against West coburg kicked 2 goals 6 behinds ..had he kicked straight deer park win..

Against Rupertswood was put in the centre after half time..had 26 possessions and many centre clearances and got deer park back in the game.

West coburg will win the premiership.

Key players in the foward line for deer park elton and smart & hish was the main third foward..its a loss regardless..

At the end of the day he wasn't enjoying his footy and coaching politics meant he made a decision to leave.

Scotland thinks his coaching an afl side..his too hard on his players and makes errors In coaching moves and doesn't trust players to do a job..

Deer park can win it in a canter ..must let players settle in positions..leaves players on the bench for too long

Anyway when ur not enjoying ur footy this is what happens..

Berating or putting down players causes anxiety and unhappiness.

Hish was having an ok year..will he make a difference..he will..

They lost a major midfield/ foward
I don't think that anyone is questioning his ability, he's a class above many getting around on a Saturday afternoon.
The concern is that he is a known mercenary & he carries a heavy points tally for that reason.
Whilst he'll leave a hole this current season (leaving just prior to clearances close), his departure will open up room for DP to recruit players that they can build on long term.
Should he be on the market again come seasons end, 2x 3 pointers or 1x Hish, it's a no brainer IMO.

I tipped DP to win the flag and that doesn't change with our without him

You a DP person Storm Rider? What's the reason he left?
Yeah Mate i am. As he played under coach at Sunshine and followed to DP would not expect this is the issue.

A lot more competition at DP then Sunshine so potentially more pressure to be at training, team functions etc that may have caused issue.

We have a few similar style forwards/mid coming back from injury in the next few weeks so again think we will cover.

At the end of the day, if you aren't happy then the best result for all is, to leave. Next to Touk Miller and Bruno Laguda, one of the best players I watched growing up.

At the end of the day, if you aren't happy then the best result for all is, to leave. Next to Touk Miller and Bruno Laguda, one of the best players I watched growing up.

I disagree Auk the kid never played junior premier league footy.He went to lower grades to build up the trophy cabinet. I’ve watched a lot of junior football in my time and he wouldn’t get in the best 50 players. He’s just a player and I reckon his old man should stop sticking his nose into his footy and he may start enjoying the game. I would love to see him stay at a club more than a season.

last time they were in Prem they played at Shore Reserve, so why would they need to find a new ground, nothing has changed, might not have to worry for another year, DP will get out of 1st gear in a few more weeks!
I’m pretty sure they played at Coburg city oval last time in Premier

I disagree Auk the kid never played junior premier league footy.He went to lower grades to build up the trophy cabinet. I’ve watched a lot of junior football in my time and he wouldn’t get in the best 50 players.

Mate, he was good enough to play TAC Cup, VFL and was a bad time trial away from being drafted. He can play.

He’s just a player and I reckon his old man should stop sticking his nose into his footy and he may start enjoying the game. I would love to see him stay at a club more than a season.
I reckon Dad has about as much influence on him as I've had on my young fella's football decisions in the last 8 years.

Having said that, I hope he settles at Sunshine and helps build a side that will ultimately do well in Div 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back