EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting to see how the likes of Taylor’s Lakes, Saints and Oak Park up against Glenroy, Westmeadows and Tullamarine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For that to happen SKangaroos or Coburg Districts would need to win Div 2, not likely! But maybe going down for west would be good. In their history only 1 senior GF, and that was 1984. The other teams have won flags much more recently.

For that to happen SKangaroos or Coburg Districts would need to win Div 2, not likely! But maybe going down for west would be good. In their history only 1 senior GF, and that was 1984. The other teams have won flags much more recently.

I meant as one off games to see who stays in div 1 and who goes to div 2. What’s the point of teams coming up if they won’t be able to compete..

I mentioned three teams and somehow you only have something against the West.. Glenroy have won one game this year but do they deserve to stay because they have a recent premiership? Not a chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My mail is he pulled up sore and just wants to get some match fitness in 2s.
Good on Hillside for their selection integrity. And Josh C understands as well.
Don’t think anything going on here.
Did his hammy against Rupo. Got the impression Hillside ran with it in the hope he might get through the game. He's a weapon who I wouldn't rush back until finals time.

Did his hammy against Rupo. Got the impression Hillside ran with it in the hope he might get through the game. He's a weapon who I wouldn't rush back until finals time.
Correct - He will be ready to go for finals time in the reserves- along with 6 or 7 other senior players that have qualified for the reserves. Hillside have conceded that the seniors will not go deep in the finals and the only chance of beating West Coburg Reserves ( undefeated like seniors) is to load up the reserves side - At least a chance of some September silverware !

Correct - He will be ready to go for finals time in the reserves- along with 6 or 7 other senior players that have qualified for the reserves. Hillside have conceded that the seniors will not go deep in the finals and the only chance of beating West Coburg Reserves ( undefeated like seniors) is to load up the reserves side - At least a chance of some September silverware !
Hahaha I’m sure that’s SH approach 😳

No one taking the silverware off WC, beat HS by 40

Curious to know if there is a limit to how many coaches and support coaches etc a team can have adjacent the bench during a match. Glenroy appeared to have about 8 -10 in their group on the weekend. Pretty embarrassing when some of those very people start interacting verbally with the crowd rather than concentrating on providing coaching and or support services to their own team or is this eveidence that they are not really doing anything and should not be adjacernt the bench and just be in the crowd?..

Mmm interesting. Pretty sure you got that one wrong

Curious to know if there is a limit to how many coaches and support coaches etc a team can have adjacent the bench during a match. Glenroy appeared to have about 8 -10 in their group on the weekend. Pretty embarrassing when some of those very people start interacting verbally with the crowd rather than concentrating on providing coaching and or support services to their own team or is this eveidence that they are not really doing anything and should not be adjacernt the bench and just be in the crowd?..
To my knowledge it’s only 3 or 4 coaches allowed on the interchange bench. And they must be on the team sheet.

if thats the ca
To my knowledge it’s only 3 or 4 coaches allowed on the interchange bench. And they must be on the team sheet.
In that case then glenroy best be telling the bloke who looked more like he should be at coachella rather than on the edge of the ground with the coaching panel that he needs to be on the other side of the fence. Incidentally has anyone witnessed the intensity & commitment of the Glenroy runner to his role?. He is to be commended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmm interesting. Pretty sure you got that one wrong
Right ok ! - Lets just see who rolls out on the Hillside Reserves Team sheet 2nd week of finals. A bit like Silvagni for EK who has dominated the 5 reserve games he has been listed - Not !! BUT he will be ready for finals if they make it...

Glenroy would be bottom 2 in Div 2 with their current list,they only just beat East Sunbury in a practice match earlier in the year and they havent won a game in div 2
I thought they recuited okay at the start of the season. But have been past walking the dog when they are training. Serious lack of numbers considering they have 1sts 2nds and 3rds.

In The coaching defensive he got appointed late and didnt really have a propper pre season or setup. Hopefully they can do some recruiting. It will be unheard of if they get double relegated then finish low in C grade

I thought they recuited okay at the start of the season. But have been past walking the dog when they are training. Serious lack of numbers considering they have 1sts 2nds and 3rds.

In The coaching defensive he got appointed late and didnt really have a propper pre season or setup. Hopefully they can do some recruiting. It will be unheard of if they get double relegated then finish low in C grade
No offence to the coach , but if I’m looking to get recruited I’m not going to a club that’s done the double drop and reappointed the coach who has no profile.A high profile coach would have been my first priority as a club. Good luck getting players to go there.hearing quite a few already out the door.

Last edited:
No offence to the coach , but if I’m looking to get recruited I’m not going to a club that’s done the double drop and reappointed the coach who has no profile.A high profile coach would have been my first priority as a club. Good luck getting players to go there.hearing quite a few already out the door.
Not every player gives a F about the reputation of the coach. Best coach I’ve ever had was a first timer. I find school teachers that coach have been the best due to their communication skills from their work

Most players care about the $$$ offered by clubs

And the coach/president/footy ops bloke pumping up their tyres at the meeting

Or if they’ve trained, the numbers the club is getting to training

Does anyone know if and where he coached prior to getting appointed to glenroy?

I think this is offensive to the coach Tragic. He wasn’t in charge last season so his not responsible for the double drop! From all reports his done well considering he was appointed late. Give him a chance to go again albeit in div2.
The other thing mate is it’s not easy to find coaches for C grade footy. You would struggle to get a “big profile” coach to do C grade footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back