EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were running a book on the flag..
Marby 5/4
Hillside 7/4
St Albs 3/1
W/C 7/2
Just feel Marby are hitting their straps, and won’t drop another game. Premier experience a big advantage too.
Hillside simply a class act
St Albans? Quiet achievers and could end up the smokey
WC.. Huge home ground advantage but will choke (again?) at the pointy end
can I get $50 on WC, not saying they are definitely going to win, but at those odds, its too good to pass up.
IMO, Marby have edged into favourites, closely followed by WC, then HS. St Albans are 4th then Craigieburn 5th, not sure anyone else can challenge.

What was your take on the game mate
Did you see the goal that was awarded a point?
The battle between the two ruckmen was the highlight of the day, as already mentioned by someone else.
The Tulla giant (he is a monster of a man) won the majority of the ruck contests but Elliott dominated around the ground.
Tulla never really looked in control with Roxy always thereabouts.
Tulla going with the wind in the last quarter and a goal up you would think would get the points.
But Roxy has some young players who looked so much quicker and fitter and they took control of the last quarter with their run. They also had a young kid playing forward who kicked 2 or 3 big goals from close to 50 out into the breeze. He took some great contested marks. Good size he is, he looked like he was a 19-20-year-old.
A great win considering they would have been very flat after last week's last kick loss. I must add Tulla was a little undisciplined in the last 10 minutes of the game which cost them a goal or two.

I was a little distracted throughout the day as I had my dog with me so I think I missed the disputed goal. But I did look up at one stage and there was a discussion going on between the field umpire, goal umpire, and boundary umpires at the end Tulla was kicking so I'm guessing that could have been the disputed goal.
Did you see it Start Again?

can I get $50 on WC, not saying they are definitely going to win, but at those odds, its too good to pass up.
IMO, Marby have edged into favourites, closely followed by WC, then HS. St Albans are 4th then Craigieburn 5th, not sure anyone else can challenge.
Would have to agree that Marby are front runners for the Flag, they have the experience and players to rely on at the pointy end of the season. However, the road to the finals will be very close from 2-5 should Marby finish on top, with any team being able to get the better of one another on a given day.
Interesting to see the top 5 for ressies and seniors being almost mirrored, showing alot of depth at the clubs pinned as the finals favorites. IMO West Coburg will struggle playing away from their postage stamp of a ground and Craigie will struggle with lack of experience/depth.
I'd be putting my $50 on Hillside as the smokey to reach the grand final, having showed they can take down some of the other favorites and assuming they finish with the double chance it is a real possibility. I'm very interested in the result of Hillside v Marby rematch with both teams having the full squads in...

Would have to agree that Marby are front runners for the Flag, they have the experience and players to rely on at the pointy end of the season. However, the road to the finals will be very close from 2-5 should Marby finish on top, with any team being able to get the better of one another on a given day.
Interesting to see the top 5 for ressies and seniors being almost mirrored, showing alot of depth at the clubs pinned as the finals favorites. IMO West Coburg will struggle playing away from their postage stamp of a ground and Craigie will struggle with lack of experience/depth.
I'd be putting my $50 on Hillside as the smokey to reach the grand final, having showed they can take down some of the other favorites and assuming they finish with the double chance it is a real possibility. I'm very interested in the result of Hillside v Marby rematch with both teams having the full squads in...

Old mate…that rematch may end up being a huge one as it is last H&A round before finals.
Could be a fizzer if spots are locked away or it could an absolute pearler of a contest if a top 2 is on the line for either or both!
But lots of footy to play before then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will be good to see Marby play on a big ground like Hillside.

Gut feel is big grounds will suit Marby, HS more than WC, St.A

Marby still in recruiting mode, might be a few new recruits in the next month!

Marby still in recruiting mode, might be a few new recruits in the next month!
Yep , Marby need to get back into Premier Div more so to protect the future, keep their best 16's & 18's from going to another Premier Club. They've had a look at all the other teams, now understand what they need to give themselves the best chance come finals and are going out and getting it... Marby are used to Premier Div standards set(on/off ground), this is why they will win the flag.

Old mate…that rematch may end up being a huge one as it is last H&A round before finals.
Could be a fizzer if spots are locked away or it could an absolute pearler of a contest if a top 2 is on the line for either or both!
But lots of footy to play before then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In a 5 side finals series, is there a difference in finishing 2 or 3, both get a double chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

west coburg IMO knows how to play shore reserve but in fact their team is far more suited to playing on big grounds. Forget the past because the wc list is not that of the past two years. first of all there is a new coach who does not rant and rave and embraces the whole playing list. Complete change up from a prior coach who IMO couldnt coach a fish to swim.
They have dropped one game this year to date being a 3 point loss to HS after being 28 points up at 3/4 time. Covelli ran riot in last quarter playing on a guy who was playing only his second game of footy ever and the best defender Lucas was off ground injured. 11 players not in last years grand final team have played this season yet the team plays on 26 or less points each week. Get me some of that 7/2 another contributor was suggesting. Marby WC granny and KP and Rupo to go down.

west coburg IMO knows how to play shore reserve but in fact their team is far more suited to playing on big grounds. Forget the past because the wc list is not that of the past two years. first of all there is a new coach who does not rant and rave and embraces the whole playing list. Complete change up from a prior coach who IMO couldnt coach a fish to swim.
They have dropped one game this year to date being a 3 point loss to HS after being 28 points up at 3/4 time. Covelli ran riot in last quarter playing on a guy who was playing only his second game of footy ever and the best defender Lucas was off ground injured. 11 players not in last years grand final team have played this season yet the team plays on 26 or less points each week. Get me some of that 7/2 another contributor was suggesting. Marby WC granny and KP and Rupo to go down.
Clearly not a fan of Dale May

Was that the Coveli one?
I was behind the goals and thought Coveli took a dive more than anything…
Hardly any “real” player remonstrations either..
Even Josh was having a laugh
Watch it again, don’t think he was laughing, was lying motionless face down from 2:33 - 3:00, whilst his teammates did remonstrate.

Isn’t that what the AFL don’t want, that’s a suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back