EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the gap between EDS and EK, Deer Park, APW, Abers and Greenvale won’t be huge. Every year they manage to put a few good wins together. I’ll concede this year will be the toughest challenge to survive in recent times, comp looks pretty deep outside the top 3 who will be well clear IMO.

I’ll say Avondale, they usually rely too heavily on VFL availability and two of the main recruits coming from Div.2 won’t impact.
I’m thinking the gap between EDS and the 5 you mentioned will be huge.
APW recruited very well. Deer Park will be competing for top 4. So I think between APW and Deer Park they fight it out for 4th spot. Abers, EK and Greenvale next level down. Greenvale gone to heavy with VFL aligned players.

Keilor, Pacco, Strathmore top 3 again.

APW recruited very well. Deer Park will be competing for top 4. So I think between APW and Deer Park they fight it out for 4th spot. Abers, EK and Greenvale next level down. Greenvale gone to heavy with VFL aligned players.

top 5 this year so by that a deer park v airport elimination final would be on the cards

Who have APW recruited Turbo ? Can you actually name any or seen them play ? Or just throwing out your usual generic bs ?

EDS beat APW twice last season, despite the same talk 12 months ago. APW got in a junior coach and a few of his mates, will be an interesting watch. They might need to start winning more than talking

Who have APW recruited Turbo ? Can you actually name any or seen them play ? Or just throwing out your usual generic bs ?

EDS beat APW twice last season, despite the same talk 12 months ago. APW got in a junior coach and a few of his mates, will be an interesting watch. They might need to start winning more than talking
Matt Hansen will be best mid in premier this year his a new recruit for APW. Will probably win league medal

Matt Hansen will be best mid in premier this year his a new recruit for APW. Will probably win league medal
Big call, but he is a jet! My point was more around Turbo’s constant generalisations, he wouldn’t have the faintest!

Nick O’Kearney setting a very high bar as leagues best player, Matty Dennis not far behind.

Big call, but he is a jet! My point was more around Turbo’s constant generalisations, he wouldn’t have the faintest!

Nick O’Kearney setting a very high bar as leagues best player, Matty Dennis not far behind.
Open your eyes and look who they have signed. Hansen should be almost best in comp. Picked up a very good forward from the country.

Open your eyes and look who they have signed. Hansen should be almost best in comp. Picked up a very good forward from the country.
I will try my hardest to keep them open at some games this year Turbo, you said the gap was massive and I disagree. Time will tell 🤷‍♂️

I’ll have a couple of sherbets that EDS don’t get relegated 🍻

I will try my hardest to keep them open at some games this year Turbo, you said the gap was massive and I disagree. Time will tell 🤷‍♂️

I’ll have a couple of sherbets that EDS don’t get relegated 🍻
I actually never said EDS will get relegated if you read my post. Just said they the gap is huge. It’s possible Avondale might end up last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To go from playing in a prelim, beating the reigning premiers during the season to losing your entire playing list is quite sad for a nice club. Hope Rupo can turn it around.
President and current senior coach will have to leave or it will never happen. Both are bad eggs and now the rest of the club is paying for it. Whoever is last to leave make sure you turn off the lights.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Numbers pretty low at Rup, might have a squad of 30max. Not many that are actually Div1 senior standard.

Looking through the named signings and I think, Bonello, the Johnson twins, West, Phelan-Smith, McDonald, Shore, Pranauskas, and Martin all Div 1 standard. Depth the worry and only 1 transfer lodged so far.

Parade are an interesting watch for me. They have come from a really poor division. But have picked up a couple of genuine stars.
Realistically is there another ruckmen that will be able to compete with Gilmore?
Certainly not in the division you’re posting in that’s for sure !

I know its not senior footy but if any clubs juniors are looking for a practice match for their 10s, 12s and 14s shoot me a DM.

Finding it hard to get games with ground availability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back