EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m gonna correct you on CB player he was concussed and no if they were playing this week would not play and what knocked the wind out of him was the elbow to the side of the face before he hit the ground then his head hitting the ground was what caused the concussion
People can take this comment to the bank.

I’m gonna correct you on CB player he was concussed and no if they were playing this week would not play and what knocked the wind out of him was the elbow to the side of the face before he hit the ground then his head hitting the ground was what caused the concussion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Interesting considering conflicting stories between player and club. Not sure where you’re getting the elbow from. All still frames of the hit frame by frame rule that out.

He got his suspension so is what it is now. Was it the right one no one will ever know due to conflicting stories impacting the ruling on the bump.

How’s the saying go never let the truth get in the way of a good story ??

Interesting considering conflicting stories between player and club. Not sure where you’re getting the elbow from. All still frames of the hit frame by frame rule that out.

He got his suspension so is what it is now. Was it the right one no one will ever know due to conflicting stories impacting the ruling on the bump.

How many weeks did he get? Why doesn't the EDFL put the tribunal results on the website???

How many weeks he get mate? I will reconsider my original estimate of weeks, given the AFL verdict on Houston ( Port Adelaide) and say maybe 3-4

Haha never let the truth get in the way of a good story? You have to be kidding. Tell that to yourself blue, the complete rubbish you have posted on here about this particular incident and what happened post game, stop embarrassing yourself. Stop with the s##t talk. The hit is on video! Anyone can go take a look and nobody in there right mind other than a one eyed Roxy supporter will say it wasn't late, completely avoidable and didn't deserve a big suspension. 4 weeks is light on.

Haha never let the truth get in the way of a good story? You have to be kidding. Tell that to yourself blue, the complete rubbish you have posted on here about this particular incident and what happened post game, stop embarrassing yourself. Stop with the s##t talk. The hit is on video! Anyone can go take a look and nobody in there right mind other than a one eyed Roxy supporter will say it wasn't late, completely avoidable and didn't deserve a big suspension. 4 weeks is light on.
Hey Bissa, 4 weeks probably the punishment by the rules AFL vic bring in. The Port Adelaide guy only got 4 didn’t he. I also originally thought more than 4 but after seeing it a few times I think 4 is fair. These hits must be stamped out of our game, full stop. No one can see this as a fair bump.

Anyway how is the CB player more importantly??

No worries bissa keep telling yourself it’s bullshit.

The supporter that grabbed the RP player was not bullshit I seen it with my own eyes as he pushed passed me to do it.

Go back and read my comments Stevie wonder. I have said it wasn’t late and not denied that. I was arguing your over reaction calling it a dogs act.

My comments around conflicting stories well I’m close enough to know that’s the case and my comments are 100% truthful.

Last edited:

The supporter that grabbed the RP player was not bullshit I seen it with my own eyes as he pushed passed me to do it.

Go back and read my comments Stevie wonder. I have said it wasn’t late and not denied that. I was arguing your over reaction calling it a dogs act.

My comments around conflicting stories well I’m close enough to know that’s the case and my comments are 100% truthful.
Is this Terra?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ventured out to Greenvale to watch West Coburg v Hillside. Entertaining close game played in great spirits, spoilt in the last quarter by a horrendous umpiring call. HS get within 1 point and coming then on the wing a marking contest is spoiled by a huge fist from a HS defender that goes up in the air and then taken by a WC player who wasn’t even in the marking contest and umpire calls a mark. Oh my!!
Resulting in a goal straight after and WC get up and about and kick 2 more to win by 20.
They might have won anyway but it was a close contest that was turned on it head by a very strange call. Same umpire pays hold in the ball in the centre without prior and previous tackles were not.
I’m not an umpire basher but surely he is demoted to div2 reserves next week as a player would be.

Can’t see either side troubling Marby. Won’t get within 10 goals of Marby.

Covelli kicked his 100 today. What a player and gee he doesn’t miss set shots.

No10 Cleary from WC BOG and the ruck combo did very well.

Great game of finals footy today at Greenvale
WC by 19pts in the end, was a 1 pt ball game with 10mins to go.
A very questionable umpiring decision swung the momentum, but the bigger WC bodies ran over the top of HS.
HS missing Pettigrove and Wunhym hurt them. Prestia, McMenamin, failli and Fort C were great.
Baravi, Saad and Cleary X 2 were the eventual match winners

Great game of finals footy today at Greenvale
WC by 19pts in the end, was a 1 pt ball game with 10mins to go.
A very questionable umpiring decision swung the momentum, but the bigger WC bodies ran over the top of HS.
HS missing Pettigrove and Wunhym hurt them. Prestia, McMenamin, failli and Fort C were great.
Baravi, Saad and Cleary X 2 were the eventual match winners

Great game. I think add those 2 outs for HS and they are a massive chance yesterday. That call no doubt swung the momentum of the game but otherwise i thought the umpiring was ok across the game. D. Cleary is a gun thought he was BOG and Baravi is a class act. Both play inside and outside, top midfielders in div 1. Was a highlight seeing Covelli kick the 100 what an incredible effort in just 17 games from the big fella and he celebrated accordingly. Marby will be a whole different beast for WC next week lets hope they can make a game of it.

RP the victims again :think::think:

Great game. I think add those 2 outs for HS and they are a massive chance yesterday. That call no doubt swung the momentum of the game but otherwise i thought the umpiring was ok across the game. D. Cleary is a gun thought he was BOG and Baravi is a class act. Both play inside and outside, top midfielders in div 1. Was a highlight seeing Covelli kick the 100 what an incredible effort in just 17 games from the big fella and he celebrated accordingly. Marby will be a whole different beast for WC next week lets hope they can make a game of it.
Hey Bissa, really enjoy the set up at Greenvale. Nice big ground in reasonable nick. Great for viewing and 2 canteens with 1 at each wing area. Coffee van set up. Decent parking..

Only thing they have no netting behind the goals especially the car park side. So much money put into that facility and they overlook a net behind the goals..

How is that 3rd oval. Picket fence and everything wow!!

Hey Bissa, really enjoy the set up at Greenvale. Nice big ground in reasonable nick. Great for viewing and 2 canteens with 1 at each wing area. Coffee van set up. Decent parking..

Only thing they have no netting behind the goals especially the car park side. So much money put into that facility and they overlook a net behind the goals..

100% agree

Great ground, amenities etc etc
video angle is great as well for those that can’t get to ground.
Should get more finals. Far superior than some of the grounds played
Next week Joe Brown is being used on both days.

Heard that it isn’t in great condition
And that was before the storm front!
Not much grass cover…

Greenvale the best ground/s and facilities in the EDFL by a fair way. Can get windy at times but was good yesterday. Need to play finals there every year. Spot on, a couple of nets behind the goals would be handy. The new ground being built looks absolutely incredible, will that be used for football also or just the Premier cricket club? Lots going on out there great sporting complex

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back