EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tullamarine is a circus there getting who ever they can to fill numbers and look who there recruiting! Imagine signing a 39 year old to be your main source of goals in a division 1 team ! Majority of the players that have signed are 2s players. Unfortunately the club doesn’t realise how many players looked up to dc with the numbers that are walking with him. At the end of the day a coaches job is to bring players and let’s be honest I can guarantee Zac will be bringing players from starthmore with him. It’s the role of the position eveyones out to win it

Can only take 2 if SM play the rule book

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's 2 -
1. Flying last year until Elliot injured. Every club get's injuries, if you rely on 1 player so much the joint is stuffed
2. Constant whining about not getting a go from the umpires - that's loser talk. Also , when the player got knocked out against MV, we all feel sorry for the player and never want to see that and hope he is OK, but it was clearly an accident with NO intent whatsoever from the MV player , but you muppets wanted him hanged(multiple weeks) and that DH Harley carried on like an absolute f*ckwit straight after the incident trying to inflame the situation... That behavior and defending it doesn't help your cause.
You earn Respect through behaviors, and no doubt these have improved from what they were(low base) , the Club has still got a LONG WAY to go to be respected!
100% spot on!!

Vic was always a
emoji357.png
to go to Wallan.
There is more players walking then the few that are going with Dc ! They will loose 8-10 senior players clubs a rubble promising so much giving everyone a atlas

Genuine question here for the BF learned folk!

Thoughts on the introduction of a 23rd player for a select number of rounds per year?

Some guidelines could be
1. Must not have played more than 5 senior games prior to the season (anywhere)
2. Must be under 21
3. Max 4 rounds “ of 23rd player” (rds 4, 8, 12, 16)
4. Either Excluded from Salary Cap or additional $$ added to sal cap ( $400-500 total)

This would be a great development opportunity and something that May set us apart
Have other leagues tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Owens signed at Tulla.

Played a fair chunk of senior footy this year but was second fiddle to Keogh.
Played 12 senior games, means he is a 4 pointer at Tulla ? Will be solid support for McKernan (if they secure him). Owens will give more output than Sikora did this season despite being a fraction of the price.

How many are out the door at Tulla … Sikora, Lang & Stephens following DC, Micallef gone to CB, Jake Long gone, Vistarini talking to other clubs but could stay. Smith back to Taylors Lakes, both Hind brothers leaving for bush. McCallum, Smith & O’Dwyer could all be retiring too.

Will need quite a few more recruits to challenge the 5

Jarrod Stephens the latest Tulla to Talbot departure.
All this hype about dc being a shit coach and bloke half his team has followed him.

McKernan, Harry Fry….. a few other players in the division Still shopping themselves to highest bidder as recently as Monday, not much loyalty in footy.
Harry fry has signed at Talbot with DC news on the street along with a few other mooney valley blokes

Nope, everyone at the club loved him, I could never see why, he has really shown his true colours over the last 18 months, club better off without him
You must of been a fringe reserve player that never got a game I’m guessing

Last edited:
it was definitely there earlier, and shared by the coach. Strange that it’s now gone

It's still there along with the Hayes announcement.

I know of two that are coming to DP and won't mention names until announced by the club. Lost Gilchrist to Whittlesea and a couple more are heading to Kilmore.

Gill and Rode I would guess. I saw one of the Kilmore announcements.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back