EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that other sides in Div1 dont want Jags to stay up as they still want the bye as they cant afford the extra 2 payments if there is no bye !and would have to change players contracts to allow the extra monies needed .
That is their issue, they should be budgeting as if there was a full compliment of teams. Then if there was some left over at the end of the year because of a bye, the club could give some bonuses.

Cam Cloke haha. Did you watch any of him this year?... Staying up at Barooga mate, already committted.

The side that Sunbury are putting together would challenge top 4 in division 1 next year, it’s not far off the side that beat Tullamarine 2 years ago in a practice match if not better.

Sunbury would have to improve by 30 goals if you think would challenge top 4 in div 1..
I watched 2 games this year and they were very ordinary . They finished 8th in the rdfl

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Backwards move in my opinion. If they win it he leaves and they are back in same situation again. Would have been better off going and getting 3-4 kids on the money they will pay Cloke.

Is Jason still there ?
If so that will be 50% of the cap spent on 2 players ,

Backwards move in my opinion. If they win it he leaves and they are back in same situation again. Would have been better off going and getting 3-4 kids on the money they will pay Cloke.
Signed for 2 years as he wants to be part of the coaching team and you still need experience to help develop the young forward line .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Names of Sunbury recruits?

Apparently ex-St. Albans players...

Badderley and Quigley. Both will dominate this division. If they recruit some others they will be difficult to beat..
i

I checked it an they announce John Mangos Just curious who is he and where has he coached before ?
And will he have enough players

That’s the big question. Can they get minimum names of committed players with an untried coach. Does he have the numbers. I wouldn’t count on 9 sides just yet.. Hope they can get a side up but will need some recruits and plenty of them.

With the 10-9-9 structure now confirmed and Sunbury, KP & Jacana all entering or re-entering the league, anyone brave enough to have a november ladder prediction? Or even a top 4?

Any sliders/bolters, locks, surprise packets?

1. Jacana - Cloke will be just too good again in this Div and will be the difference like he was in 2017
2. East Sunbury - Good crop of kids been in the system for 2-3 years plus a recruit or two equal to Jacana
3. Moonee V - Just a good outfit, and I know the people at the top will ensure they are top 2/3, but will want to win considering what they achieved with U19's in 2018
4. Sunbury Roos - Not sure, will depend if recruit more quality and bat deeper, other than that just judging on the hype that is on the thread about em.
5. Coburg - Could swap with Sunbury but should be thereabouts as they always are. The quicker they can develop U19's better the club will be.
6. Burnside - I am not sure here. Won't be any worse than 2018 and can swap with Sunbury if they add to their mids
7. Haddy - Will get back some former premiership players, a couple from Roxy?
8. Northern - Sliders for me. Heard will concentrate on youth. making positive changes but won't be competitive if don't recruit some established players. Like ES over the years, will take a few years with youth.
9. Keilor Pk - great to have them back, but will need the year to just get back into the swing of things

locks - Haddy, Northern, KP won't make finals.
bolter - Jacana
slider - Northern
surprise Packet - Sunbury/Burnside (each way)

1. Jacana - Cloke will be just too good again in this Div and will be the difference like he was in 2017
2. East Sunbury - Good crop of kids been in the system for 2-3 years plus a recruit or two equal to Jacana
3. Moonee V - Just a good outfit, and I know the people at the top will ensure they are top 2/3, but will want to win considering what they achieved with U19's in 2018
4. Sunbury Roos - Not sure, will depend if recruit more quality and bat deeper, other than that just judging on the hype that is on the thread about em.
5. Coburg - Could swap with Sunbury but should be thereabouts as they always are. The quicker they can develop U19's better the club will be.
6. Burnside - I am not sure here. Won't be any worse than 2018 and can swap with Sunbury if they add to their mids
7. Haddy - Will get back some former premiership players, a couple from Roxy?
8. Northern - Sliders for me. Heard will concentrate on youth. making positive changes but won't be competitive if don't recruit some established players. Like ES over the years, will take a few years with youth.
9. Keilor Pk - great to have them back, but will need the year to just get back into the swing of things

locks - Haddy, Northern, KP won't make finals.
bolter - Jacana
slider - Northern
surprise Packet - Sunbury/Burnside (each way)

Know we're a long way from Round 1 and there's a lot of transfers/signings to be announced but I don't think you are too far off Joey.

Anyone think someone like a Burnside can follow in ES steps as the other "new" club and push for finals? I personally think the 4 will be...

1. Sunbury
2. Jacana
3. ES
4. CD

Even Sunbury Kangaroos of last season would have accounted for East Sunbury. With some players back and recruits on top they will be hard to beat.

Jacana might throw a spanner in the works.

Even Sunbury Kangaroos of last season would have accounted for East Sunbury. With some players back and recruits on top they will be hard to beat.

Jacana might throw a spanner in the works.

Mate the RDFL is terrible and they finished 8th..
Yes we are hearing they are recruiting well but they will definitely need to to be competitive in the EDFL .. I hope they do well because I have a soft spot for them from friends playing there years ago but don’t think it’s going to be an easy flag...

Yes we are hearing they are recruiting well but they will definitely need to to be competitive in the EDFL .. I hope they do well because I have a soft spot for them from friends playing there years ago but don’t think it’s going to be an easy flag...

I think RDFL is a little better than Divy 2 EDFL.
I’m sure they will be more than competitive even without recruiting. So if they recruit then they should be top 2

I think RDFL is a little better than Divy 2 EDFL.
I’m sure they will be more than competitive even without recruiting. So if they recruit then they should be top 2

I agree the top 5 sides are better than div 2 but they finished 8th.. The teams below them got belted by 200 points every week and 6th and 7th which by memory was romsey and woodend were worse than average.. They also lost to romsey by 10 goals.. Won 6 games lost 10.. And lost to Melton who finished 9th

East Sunbury finished second with a team containing many players that struggled to get a game/kick in the rdfl. Last year was the weakest Kangaroos have been for a while but their better players are miles above edfl div 2.

I think Jacana may be an issue for them but can’t see how the others willbe close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back