EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

a couple of real upsets on the weekend by westy and CD I think more positives too west than CD as I thinks CD just pulled one out off the hat ,where westy have been more competitive each week . Westy are rebuilding on field and we can only hope they are working just as hard to rebuild off field as the last admin was full of bullsh*t and afraid to make hard calls on the finances

Can you please explain the difference… why more positives for Westy than CD?
CD did beat undefeated side as well.
They got within 5 pts last time and most of their losses have been close..
keen to get your thoughts on why CD pulled one out the ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can you please explain the difference… why more positives for Westy than CD?
CD did beat undefeated side as well.
They got within 5 pts last time and most of their losses have been close..
keen to get your thoughts on why CD pulled one out the ?

"where westy have been more competitive each week" westy 7 wins cd 4 wins

"where westy have been more competitive each week" westy 7 wins cd 4 wins

Strangely enough I feel CD are a better outfit this year than last year despite their lack of wins. Shame we have to wait until R17 for the next Westy and CD encounter, could be a big one given how tight things get on the ladder as it’s shaping now.

I watched the CD v WM game earlier in season and did comment that CD are a very good team very similar to WM. That day, Westy started very well, and CD came back late in the game. I think WM is just ahead of CD at this stage only due to the games won ratio. CD may even beat us in return game who know, but I personally think come finals time CD and WM will play that 3v4 final, and it will be a cracking game as both are very similar in game style.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congrats to the Sunbury Kangaroos on having the best canteen in Vic.
YES- 35,000 + people voted and the Winner gets a Big Bang cheque for $1000 - Triple M get all the publicity- surely they could have teamed up with a Pie or hot dog sponsor and donated 50 boxes of each to the winner or bread supplier.
A local Fish & Chip shop throws in that amount supporting the community alone - Surely TRIPLE M can do better.
SEN may have seen a more generous contribution....

3 belters for this weekend, no one will want to lose!

Taylors at Burnside to bounce back by 7 points
Northern on the smaller ground by 26 over Westy
Haddy at Districts by 3 points
Sunbury at Easts by 49, and a bye for the best canteen in town!

Rain rain stay away!

3 belters for this weekend, no one will want to lose!

Taylors at Burnside to bounce back by 7 points
Northern on the smaller ground by 26 over Westy
Haddy at Districts by 3 points
Sunbury at Easts by 49, and a bye for the best canteen in town!

Rain rain stay away!

Have to grab a feed from the canteen mate. The dimmies were on point tonight!
BH by 3 v TL
SK by 77 v ES
CD by 21 v HD
Westy by 16 v NS

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, here is my honest assessment of westy today 15 mins into last quarter in which we will lose. 1st half very good played tough in and under footy, which I didn't expect if I'm honest. Teams can no longer say they can't play against bigger bodies on smaller grounds or aren't tough enough. I also have said this and am happy to be wrong. Where westy has lost this today is after half time they went away what was working and tried to play dry weather footy trying to be too cute and precise which was a poor decision to do as it completely undone all the good 1st half work. Saints played no fuss wet weather footy for 4 quarters and deserve this win.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumblings down at Westmeadows with a
few people behind the scenes ringing around potential coaching prospects for next year.

More trouble at a thirds game on Friday night post game I’m hearing. Northern Saints v Avondale. Heard Avondale willing to challenge the league on this as they are not happy about the league just ignoring and tolerating bad behaviour and doing nothing about it. This has the potential to go to the media and higher as it’s not what football is about.
Anyone else hearing this???

Last edited:
More trouble at a thirds game on Friday night I’m hearing. Northern Saints v Avondale. Heard Avondale willing to challenge the league on this as they are not happy about the league just ignoring and tolerating bad behaviour and doing nothing about it. This has the potential to go to the media and higher as it’s not what football is about.
If it's true it's about time a club challenges the league. It's beyond a joke and bloody embarrassing. What happened with the last incident?! It's everyones fault apart from the Saints.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

More trouble at a thirds game on Friday night post game I’m hearing. Northern Saints v Avondale. Heard Avondale willing to challenge the league on this as they are not happy about the league just ignoring and tolerating bad behaviour and doing nothing about it. This has the potential to go to the media and higher as it’s not what football is about.

Also heard there was some trouble at Glenroy vs oak park thirds? Massive brawl anyone have info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back