EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Who’s dropping away for these 2 to be contenders?
Probably a more even competition. CD, Hadfield and Glenroy all should improve.

Westy clear favourites then probably pretty even. Don’t think KP will be very strong so that always helps team who are in the current division as sometimes the team dropping down is a formidable.

Big call about the relegated clubs. KP will be very competitive and don’t count out Rupo either. Rupo might be young though..
KP will be no good, they will have turnover from this year and the newby's they are signing aint up to senior football not even at div 3 standard
Rupo, mid table

Big call about the relegated clubs. KP will be very competitive and don’t count out Rupo either. Rupo might be young though..
Is it. Rupo has a team of good players but not anyone where the opposition goes how do we stop them. Hadfield has a couple in Trembath, Godden and Polizzi, Burnside give you Hughes and Hovey to contend with, Districts have McNammarra and Rusi. Northern has Kodar who has been kicking goals for fun the last 2 years as well as Bruno. Then there is the challenge of Westy who played the best brand of footy in div2 last year, the spread from stoppages through Capron, Sparks and Evans tested oppositions. Will the two relegated teams do okay, maybe but they would need to improve and have luck with injuries if they want to challenge for promotion.

Is it. Rupo has a team of good players but not anyone where the opposition goes how do we stop them. Hadfield has a couple in Trembath, Godden and Polizzi, Burnside give you Hughes and Hovey to contend with, Districts have McNammarra and Rusi. Northern has Kodar who has been kicking goals for fun the last 2 years as well as Bruno. Then there is the challenge of Westy who played the best brand of footy in div2 last year, the spread from stoppages through Capron, Sparks and Evans tested oppositions. Will the two relegated teams do okay, maybe but they would need to improve and have luck with injuries if they want to challenge for promotion.

Rupo had 2 players kick over 30 goals in Div 1 this season.
KP have Kempster who can be very hard to stop as well.

Westy and Burnside ahead of everyone else, Northern next then everyone else apart from East is fairly even. The two coming down wouldn’t strike fear into the current Div 2 teams
I don't think you can write off any team coming down from div 1 this year case in point, Westy was written off at the start of the year. It would be good if both of those teams were competitive and also love to see Glenroy get going.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Roo boys the Giants have got are good boys, ive played with two of them and i love em, I hope they all do well in what I think is an honour being apart of Giants first senior side.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 more from Kangas to Giants in Blakey Tirchett and Dylan Cunningham. It's not good to see groups of youth leaving. I'm sure Shannon Carroll and the rest of the hierarchy will be scratching their heads right about now.

Last edited:
2 more from Kangas to Giants in Blakey Tirchett and Dylan Cunningham. It's not good to see groups of youth leaving. I'm sure Shannon Carroll and the rest of the hierarchy will be scratching their heads right about now. Lucky they've got plenty of time to steady the ship.

It’s about time AFLVIC got fair dinkum and extended the rule limiting the number of players that can be cleared from one club to another across leagues rather than just inside the same league. With the way the points system works it can destroy clubs. It’s a rort that needs to be addressed and quickly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably a more even competition. CD, Hadfield and Glenroy all should improve.

Westy clear favourites then probably pretty even. Don’t think KP will be very strong so that always helps team who are in the current division as sometimes the team dropping down is a formidable.
I know Gelnroy has a new coach, dont know much about the bloke.

Think he will bring some good players over? And who might go out the other way?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back