EDFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Westmeadows have begun recruiting with already signing up to 9 new players. Bassman and Mo Kakoor(playing assistant coach) are very close to putting pen to paper, and a few Yarraville players to come on board also.

Thanks to the VAFA, EFL and Bendigo Football League for providing supporters with FREE access to all the Grand Finals. It is great to see those leagues look after their supporters and larger community.

Unfortunately the EDFL could not be this classy or thoughtful!

If you thought that was bad, the NFL charged 7 bucks to watch the first round of junior finals.

;) How dare they,

I drove near on 2 hours to watch Lorne last year and the cheeky buggers charged me to get in at Colac? How dare they..It was raining too.And to top it all off Lorne lost. They made up for it this year though.

I don't mind paying, it all goes to the league/host:thumbsu:

Guys I apologise. I am not talking about entry fees but I am talking about being charged $20 by the EDFL if I want to watch the game online. I think that is disgraceful.

I have no problem with paying an entry fee to be at the game live.

Anyone got news on what's going on at oak park. Heard that their 2 best players are leaving us this true? Have the recruited anyone

With Hillside being promoted into Div 1 next season, does anyone know if Aisake O'Hailpin and Ryan Hargrave are hanging around? I heard that their is a possibility that Setanta O'Hailpin could join his brother next season if he stays at Hillside..

Can anyone confirm?:thumbsu:

just finding out about ex afl players and rookies even if didn't play a game I have gathered this information tell me if there is more greenvale-mcphee,jorgensen,clifton,wight. Avondale heights-rose,tiller,p.smith,c.johnson keilor-browne,gourdis,garth, aberfeldie-michael,connors,hislop,norris,fannong,johns,mangin, maribygong park-slade,anthony,holland, Strathmore-morel,doering,grima,iacobucci,zantuck,arrowsmith,little oak park-t.german airportwest-hogan,contessa,harris,kenny,urquhart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coburg Football Club welcomes Digby Morrell as Senior Coach

Monday October 14, 2013.
West Coburg Football Club is pleased to announce that Digby Morrell has accepted the role as Senior Coach for 2014. Digby’s experience at EDFL level, and of course his AFL experience will provide the impetus needed at WCFC to challenge for a position back in the top level competition.

Playing 72 AFL games at Carlton and North Melbourne, Digby’s coaching started with the Northern Bullant’s and Digby has gained considerable experience in the EDFL including many finals and a Premier Division premiership with Strathmore in 2011.

West Coburg has always largely developed its list from home grown players, and Digby has expressed his eagerness in working with our young playing group to develop them and take the important steps required to return West Coburg to the Premier Division. We sincerely thank Neil Taylor for the last two years as Senior Coach. The most committed of club people, Neil stepped up during a difficult period for West Coburg taking control of the seniors in 2012. We look forward to seeing Neil back in a role after a well deserved

year off from Football in 2014.

Apparently Westmeadows have begun recruiting with already signing up to 9 new players. Bassman and Mo Kakoor(playing assistant coach) are very close to putting pen to paper, and a few Yarraville players to come on board also.

Spot on.. I am hearing big things from down at Willowbrook. Meet the coach night last Friday and over 100 people there and plenty of new recruits. A lot of ex players returning like Mullen, Valentine, Church, Hoban, Taylor, Kovacevic, Turner, Coles, etc. I believe Mo Kakoor has signed along with the young ruckman from Marby and a few from Yarraville

Fresh news out of oak park. Believed to be few players, including past players and supporters who are not happy with young jack kennedy after his speech at there recent best and fairest presentation . I have heard from numerous reports past players want him to go as a result of what he said . Any one know anything more?

Fresh news out of oak park. Believed to be few players, including past players and supporters who are not happy with young jack kennedy after his speech at there recent best and fairest presentation . I have heard from numerous reports past players want him to go as a result of what he said . Any one know anything more?

Do you know what exactly was said?

My thoughts on 2014 ladder:
Glenroy
Tullamarine
Hadfield
West Coburg
Oak Park
Westmeadows
Taylors Lakes
Hillside
Cragieburn

That's going on the recruiting news thus far also..

My ladder predictions based on what I know or have heard, give or take a position up or down.
Glenroy have been up there for the last couple years, quality list with great depth, depending on who stays they should finish top 2, Nuff said.
West meadows from what I have been hearing have signed over 14players from Yarraville in top tier of Wrfl & many ex players who they welcome back to the club after playing elsewhere whilst westy were getting belted week in week out, should finish top 2.
West Coburg have recruited the most recognised coach of the lot, Digby will bring a wealth of knowledge, aswell as experience with Premier Div & also many following him to West Coburg, top 4 is a must.
Hadfield have recruited very well from what I hear a key backmen from Wrfl which a friend has seen play many times in their 2013 season, also as their under 18's winning several flags which they blooded in their 1's i'll say 4th.
Tullamarine go along with their business year in year out, however from reports going on behind the scenes I will say on the decline 5th is par.
Oak Park sorry to put you 6th however many have left & with 0 wins last season 6th is a win i guess.
Taylors Lakes are on a massive decline from reports also, many shown the door, 7th my pick.
Hillside won the flag in div 2, will come up and realise the difference in class is too big will struggle.
I would say last however to finish last my pick is Cragieburn, sorry to those who play there, have friends there who say bottom 3 also & if your players are saying that without a ball being bounced doesnt leave much positive optimism.

Glenroy vs West meadows- Glenroy to win.
West Coburg vs Hadfield- West Cob to win

West meadows vs West Coburg - West meadows to win.

Glenroy Premiers 2014.

My ladder predictions based on what I know or have heard, give or take a position up or down.
Glenroy have been up there for the last couple years, quality list with great depth, depending on who stays they should finish top 2, Nuff said.
West meadows from what I have been hearing have signed over 14players from Yarraville in top tier of Wrfl & many ex players who they welcome back to the club after playing elsewhere whilst westy were getting belted week in week out, should finish top 2.
West Coburg have recruited the most recognised coach of the lot, Digby will bring a wealth of knowledge, aswell as experience with Premier Div & also many following him to West Coburg, top 4 is a must.
Hadfield have recruited very well from what I hear a key backmen from Wrfl which a friend has seen play many times in their 2013 season, also as their under 18's winning several flags which they blooded in their 1's i'll say 4th.
Tullamarine go along with their business year in year out, however from reports going on behind the scenes I will say on the decline 5th is par.
Oak Park sorry to put you 6th however many have left & with 0 wins last season 6th is a win i guess.
Taylors Lakes are on a massive decline from reports also, many shown the door, 7th my pick.
Hillside won the flag in div 2, will come up and realise the difference in class is too big will struggle.
I would say last however to finish last my pick is Cragieburn, sorry to those who play there, have friends there who say bottom 3 also & if your players are saying that without a ball being bounced doesnt leave much positive optimism.

Glenroy vs West meadows- Glenroy to win.
West Coburg vs Hadfield- West Cob to win

West meadows vs West Coburg - West meadows to win.

Glenroy Premiers 2014.
There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know even where to start. I will say that it might be a fun exercise to pull this one out of the archives after season 2014 is done and dusted and see how far off the mark it is. It will be like a Seinfeld 'bizarro world' time capsule.

I will just use 1 example of how insane this is. Westmeadows won 2 games in 2013. TWO! And only dumb luck saved them from tackling the mighty East Sunbury on Anzac day instead of Glenroy. To make a grand final next year they would need to recruit a entire new team with the exception of probably 2-3 players. And they would all need to be very good players. And this would cost truckloads... which they don't have.

WRFL DIV 1 football is 8-10 goals off EDFL premier footy. And it flows right down. They could recruit the entire Yarraville side (who won 4 games last year) and add some returning players and they still would't make the big dance.

I don't think i need to evaluate any of of other predictions as this one pretty much sums up my thoughts.

We all have opinions in this caper... no doubt. But sometimes opinions are just pure comedy.

product 2 is spot on. Not sure what AG has been sniffing but i need to get me some. Westy will improve but they need to or it is div 2 for them. Not too sure y u think Lakes and Tulla will slide, especially Lakes. They always play finals in this div. interested to know y u think they will go from 4th to 7th. I would expect West cob to improve because Diggers would not come cheap so they must have some coin. Crazyburn showed last year that coming down doesnt necessarily mean u can go straight back up. Joke Park will do ok but 4th or 5th for mine. Roys to be strong again, Tulla and Lakes the main dangers. Hillside, crazy or west to go down. Anyone got any recruiting news???

Westmeadows haven't picked up 14 players from Yarraville. I think its more 4-5. They have picked up a lot of ex players back to the club which have been playing Premier Div or VAFA div 1. Mo Kaakour and a few others from Marby . Will def improve and I don't think its silly to say they could play finals. add 15 blokes into any team and it will change the make up a lot.

For mine Tullamarine and Glenroy will be the stand outs. Tullamarine will smashed with injures this year and the inclusion of Mango alone will be a huge bonus as they struggled up fwd for a key target.

Glenroy have a strong list which wont change very much and they will be hurting after losing the big dance this year.

West Coburg you would think will also improve under Morell. Will any Strathmore players follow ?

I thing for sure, I think it will be a ripper season with no poor sides. Don't think there will be more than 12 goals from top to bottom which is great for the competition.

Tullamarine
Glenroy
West Coburg
Westmeadows
Taylors Lakes
Oak Park
Hadfield
Hillside
Crazy Burn

Sorry guys it was a predicition, my neighbour got signed at West Meadows & he has played in VAFA top division for years, some of the other players they signed won flag in wrfl div 2 then went up to div 1. All the rumours & stuff are what makes this league so great. It looks to be a heck of an off season period with all teams looking to strengthen. I think this coming season will bring more shock to most then what they think, my two cents anyway. AG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back