EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for the Forum, judging from the EDS Highlights package what is the area of contact made by Youngy to smith ??? Cheekbone ?Jaw ? Neck ? Nose?

A question for the Forum, judging from the EDS Highlights package what is the area of contact made by Youngy to smith ??? Cheekbone ?Jaw ? Neck ? Nose?
Old Cat you've cleary joined the group to defend Young. A member since yesterday and every post has defended Young and condemned Douttas on their involvement, obviously heavily invested in the case. If you removed yourself from your bias you would rub him out. Defending the undefendable champ.

U will find with the new points system coming in craigieburn r on 40 points with there best side on the park eds r on 65 points so that would tell u more home grown and young kids
Yeah but eds had to rebuild an entire team
From last season The only ones who stayed are

Nabbout
George
Calvaresi
Jensen (2 games last season)
Day

Eds would have more young kids than Craigieburn regardless what points they are worth.
Eds best side has 16 under the age of 22.

Whats everybody's thoughts on if Eds go back to premier division? Going up against the likes of keilor, pascoe vale, abberfeldie and greenvale? My self i can't see them winning a flag in the top grade

About unwritten rule of not dobbing people in at tribunal, I'm not sure about that, I'm not saying Young was robbed in as i wasn't there but what would one do if after the incident which the umpire saw, your head/face is visibly damaged, you are clearly daised have jelly legs and go off the ground for a while, what would you say? Someone in the crowd slipped me a rhohypnol after Young attempted to hit me? the evidence speaks for it self.

From what i hear Young is a good bloke and from what I've seen over the past couple of years is a gun player, he F#$ked up simple as that and I'm sure he will learn from it and be back next year dominating as he does, yeah i think it was a sh!t act but lets move on, we all make mistakes and in Youngs defense it seems it is an isolated incident and he's is a genuine ball player.

I would like to see him or a player of his ilk in the GF if they get through against us and agree with others who have said they like to see the premier players out there but i don't think it can or should happen. It will be very tough for him if they get through and beat us but thats footy.

THE DREBSTER

Very well said.

He is a gun player and from what I hear has never been reported in a long career everyone makes mistakes and this unfortunately has come at a crucial time of the year people need not to brand him as a thug from what I have seen he is a very fair player always plays the ball.

im sure the poor bloke feels remorse and wishes it never happened but whats done is done. I for one would have loved to have seen him play in a GF ( if cburn do make it ) as we all know he is a big game player and again would have loved to have seen him and shylo the 2 best mids in the comp battle it out.

Guys Shylo is not the type to dob in a player especially someone like Young. No need to discredit Shylo by making up stories. Also totally agree Young is not a dirty player, so he will do his time and come back next year.

With regards to points system only honegrowns reduce your points but recruiting and playing younger players between 18-22 to mix in with experience is a good idea but it does however increase points. Doesn't matter if they are 26 or 19.
The reason I'm not in favour of the points system is a recruit carries the same points not matter how good they are unless the were top 3 b&f or leading goalkicker, etc. Think it needs to be refined somewhat.

If EDS win it they will be competitive as will recruit. Let's keep in mind they were very stiff to be relegated. And in hindsight probably should have stayed up if Nth Saints were struggling pre season. But that's debatable I suppose..
EDS spent a good amount of $$ last year (reported 280k) so would be paying less on players this year, as there high paid recruits were moved on, but there coaching staff fees have increased.

Anyway good luck to all but think on talent alone Craigieburn surely should get over the line. But kudos to Tulla for surprising us all.

Cheers..

Just an unwritten law that you dont dob in fellow footballers.
I'm sure the coach of your club Aussie if put in the same situation would do the same. Very short odds to win the flag.

How's that coaching search going down at Sewell? Don't tell me you're back up north at this critical time of the year for the Roys.

I'm sure the coach of your club Aussie if put in the same situation would do the same. Very short odds to win the flag.

How's that coaching search going down at Sewell? Don't tell me you're back up north at this critical time of the year for the Roys.
He probably would Chairman. just dont reckon its the right thing to do IMO. As for the coach search, i wouldnt have a clue! Back up north? i live up here mate. Might head down to watch the Grand Final depending on who makes it.

I hope they have developed those young kids

I think they have.

but in regards to playing youth

Eds had 14 players 22 and under in its best side last week. With calvaresi and Rogers out. Prestia Day Jensen Barnes all turned 20 during the season so. Do they count as teenagers at a point in this season. Then of course Ntalianis Meyers iermano.

Put it this way, I'm not really talking about guys who are practically men, I mean kids like the ones you mention above. We need to show a bit of faith in ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Cat you've cleary joined the group to defend Young. A member since yesterday and every post has defended Young and condemned Douttas on their involvement, obviously heavily invested in the case. If you removed yourself from your bias you would rub him out. Defending the undefendable champ.
Words of support champ...

They were also brought to the club to help develop a great bunch of 16, 17 and 18 year olds and to shape the future of the club which for the most part they've done. I would doubt any other club has played as many teenagers as what we have and to actually be one game from a Grand Final in itself is a great achievement.

So while a B grade flag might not eventuate this year, the club is well place to make that happen sooner rather than later so when they do get to A grade it won't be just to make up the numbers.

How did Craigieburn go in the early years in A Grade when they first came up to A Grade?

O&M thread speculating that Fev leaving Lavington. Am I close, as I did predict Fev maybe heading to Sewell Reserve..

Aussie am I close? I know you continue to deny this but it "could" be possible.

Would have thought a players impeccable record would count for sumthing at the Tribunal...

I believe 2 WM players were reported after the game on Sunday. Sammut and Taylor. Taylor reported 5 times for abusing umpire. Both got 2 weeks. Taylor very luck to get reported 5 times and get 2 weeks. Possibly he used the good record card ?

If young gets any less then 2 weeks the it's official the edfl is a joke. During the year young excepts 2 weeks, why should he get 1 week just cause he'll miss a grand final. It happened the year Marby won there 2nd a grade flag. Gave Daley a 2 week suspended sentence because Marby said it was his last game of footy. Guess what he played the next 3 seasons. Hope he gets at least 2 because that's what's best for the league.
He got 4 weeks champ so the EDFL mustn't be a joke....

Youngy a pure ball player just like his old man so I hear... A thug runs around behind play whacking blokes, hardly a comparison to what happened on Saturday... A fraction of a second either way n it's a different outcome...

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back