EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Moonee Valley played Lancefield on the weekend. Anyone there?

I've heard from people watching that they looked a shadow of the side they were last year. Interested to know how many they had out etc.

Blueandwhiteroos said:
Zappas when you have that much of a turn over of players. I think that in some way with out giving away your plans for the year that there is a way to educate players at the huddle. Specially when playing a far superior side like eltham. Talking about a mid set up of forward structure to atleast try and stop the fluent supply. But also in saying that there was no energy up forward when the ball got in there. There best player for the day was the full back I think he name was jake. Good on them for keeping the club alive and players coming back. Not having a crack at them more direct and the blokes on here joumping on there back calling for coach of the year and premiership favourites. Maybe just let them put results on the board before jumping on board. As for the playin group from Saturday they have a long way to go. But good luck to KP f.c
Agree with all that. You'd hope the talk about flags, coach, players etc is all tongue in cheek. Big footy does throw up some interesting comments. They certainly have a long way to go but I can assure you behind closed doors the education has been at least equal to any other club in this division. ....on and off field.
Very rare a team in div 3 get an opportunity like yesterday and more came out of a 13 goal loss than the previous week against Parkside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drainbead......thanks for telling us how many Eltham had out. KP had 8 out...does it even matter?
Considering the difference in levels didn't you think it was a really competitive game of football. Eltham should walk away really happy with how competitive it actually was. They're a cracking football side....very professional. But saying KP looked disinterested when only one goal was kicked in the last qtr. That's disappointing. And the knuckle....that's ridiculous. A few young Eltham fellas didn't appreciate the solid tackling and got a bit lippy....fair enough too. It was a practice game and both sides got different things out of it I'm sure.

Solid tackling? Call it what you want, saw what I saw and talking to the squad afterwards too. Also the last quater? We iced all the senior players/ blokes that were coming back through injury. So ill think you will find the last quarter was a direct result of having just 1 or 2 rotations coming off the bench.

Solid tackling? Call it what you want, saw what I saw and talking to the squad afterwards too. Also the last quater? We iced all the senior players/ blokes that were coming back through injury. So ill think you will find the last quarter was a direct result of having just 1 or 2 rotations coming off the bench.

And the scoreline was a direct result of a div 1 team playing a div 3 team.. Who cares mate, both teams got what they wanted out of it and no-one come away with any injuries which is the main thing in practice matches isn't it? As far as the 'solid tackling', mate it's football, they're all grown men, and pretty sure all players are still alive and well.. Lol
Refreshing to hear Kp have their passion back, and went down with a bit of a fight even though the scoreline suggested otherwise. Good luck to all teams for the year -LuaLua

And the scoreline was a direct result of a div 1 team playing a div 3 team.. Who cares mate, both teams got what they wanted out of it and no-one come away with any injuries which is the main thing in practice matches isn't it? As far as the 'solid tackling', mate it's football, they're all grown men, and pretty sure all players are still alive and well.. Lol
Refreshing to hear Kp have their passion back, and went down with a bit of a fight even though the scoreline suggested otherwise. Good luck to all teams for the year -LuaLua
Geee a fair bit of support for Kp it's good. Just alittle curious where was all this support last year? I mean you don't just start supporting a local club just like that so where was it all last yeah?

Geee a fair bit of support for Kp it's good. Just alittle curious where was all this support last year? I mean you don't just start supporting a local club just like that so where was it all last yeah?

No, you're right, you don't.. I've played their most of my life which is why I have the soft spot for them.. Not too sure what happened last year, why the support wasn't their.. I guess you'd need to come up and ask the supporters that? End of the day Old faces like myself and others showing up and putting money back into the club is what it needs, so I'd rather not think of the past, and hopefully look forward to a bit of success in the future..

That's just how local footy goes these days I reckon, players jump from club to club a hell of a lot as opposed to the old days when you grew up at a club and pretty much never left. Players leave for different reasons I.e new experiences, money, clashes with coaches etc but it's always good to see players returning back to their home club to play together for the right reasons.

Blue Roos......coaches never talk structures in huddles during practice games with opposition supporters and coaches in ear shot. Surely you know that happens during the week and inside the 4 walls.
Do you know what there plan was for the day?

Really??
In all my years of playing the game structure and game plan was always referred to at a huddle. How else do you keep the players motivated and informed?

The big footy world has spoken and been in touch with the KP coach who has committed to show you all the game plan this Saturday vs Mt Waverly at KP. Get down there and hear the next div2 coach of the year give his address.

BTW- I can't recall anyone suggestioning KP will be premiers but just saying they have got the place back in shape and will improve. By this I'm referring to off field and in no way pointing the finger at the past coach as it starts from the top. However from what I'm hearing they have plenty of people on board. It's good for footy!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. If it was practised all pre season, it was discussed and practiced at pre season games. Worrying about what other clubs are doing is not gonna get you far. Waiting "until it's up for 4 points" is not what successful clubs do.
"Worrying about what other clubs are doing is not gonna get you far."
Hit the nail on the head..

The big footy world has spoken and been in touch with the KP coach who has committed to show you all the game plan this Saturday vs Mt Waverly at KP. Get down there and hear the next div2 coach of the year give his address.

BTW- I can't recall anyone suggestioning KP will be premiers but just saying they have got the place back in shape and will improve. By this I'm referring to off field and in no way pointing the finger at the past coach as it starts from the top. However from what I'm hearing they have plenty of people on board. It's good for footy!!!!!!
The Mt . Waverly Mountain Lions have recruited well and are having a tilt at winning their division flag. So hopefully KP can get all of their players on the park and have a good crack. The Mt.Lions are in a low division so one would expect the Marcus lead KP to account for the boys from the mount pretty comfortably.

zzzzzzzz

So surely other teams apart from Keilor Park have had practice matches or have some scheduled this week?

Agree on that. Yeah it's been pretty quite.

How are Districts going?
How has big Vesnaver been travelling? Surely could kick 100 goals if playing forward, but actually think in this division he maybe will run around in the ruck.

How has the ex KP coach and his brother settled into Roxy. What's the average age of there list?

Not much news on Jacana after being runners up. Lost there gun recruit O'Rourke..

Wonder if the points will reduce dramatically from 50 next year..

Agree on that. Yeah it's been pretty quite.

How are Districts going?
How has big Vesnaver been travelling? Surely could kick 100 goals if playing forward, but actually think in this division he maybe will run around in the ruck.

How has the ex KP coach and his brother settled into Roxy. What's the average age of there list?

Not much news on Jacana after being runners up. Lost there gun recruit O'Rourke..

Wonder if the points will reduce dramatically from 50 next year..
Jacana talking up big wins on the weekend against a club who went winless in 2015 sunshine heights.

With news cd have picked up ferris from Hadfield. Would Vesnaver be needed in the ruck?

Any news on matches for this week who is playing who ? Yes turbo we all know who is playing KP settle down haha

Jacana talking up big wins on the weekend against a club who went winless in 2015 sunshine heights.

With news cd have picked up ferris from Hadfield. Would Vesnaver be needed in the ruck?

Any news on matches for this week who is playing who ? Yes turbo we all know who is playing KP settle down haha

All good mate. I'm only this thread as there is some good posts and it's entertaining.
You make a very good point re Ferris. So Vesnaver should play either CHF or FF. Will kick 100 easy if left at FF. Think they have O'Shea back don't they, but in div2 Vesnaver is a better option deep forward.
What's the budget at CD mate?
If they were to win it and go up, how do you think they would go???

All good mate. I'm only this thread as there is some good posts and it's entertaining.
You make a very good point re Ferris. So Vesnaver should play either CHF or FF. Will kick 100 easy if left at FF. Think they have O'Shea back don't they, but in div2 Vesnaver is a better option deep forward.

Heard they are financially well backed and should go close to winning it this year. Although, they have also lost a few good senior players.

Lancefield are playing East Sunbury I think this weekend

No idea about there budget mate. But from what I have gathered with out a under18's side I would tip them to be the most likely to be competitive if are lucky to go up. When you look at it with out 18's you have to keep your list ticking which means working a lot harder then others with the junior talent that some clubs take for granted.

As for oshea does he fit in that fwd line ? You have the knowledge what more can you tell about how they would line up ?

Jacana looked to of covered the departure of o'rourke with Cleary and Caruso returning. But need to improve there back line in my opinion to small

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back