EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, this comp has really evened up this year which is great.
With regards to Burnside Heights I don't think they were ready to step into senior footy when they did nor even now. Very disheartening to get beaten by big scores each week and will only get worse I believe. Juniors not overly strong either..
Neighbors Caroline Springs and Hillside getting stronger probably doesn't help their cause.

There set up is not the best for footy. Yes good lights and change rooms but big open ground and social rooms more community like and to far from the ground. No improvements on the horizon either. Whereas East Sunbury has improved in a short space of time and built more like a footy club with new improvements in coming years to to improve their facilities..

Hey guys, this comp has really evened up this year which is great.
With regards to Burnside Heights I don't think they were ready to step into senior footy when they did nor even now. Very disheartening to get beaten by big scores each week and will only get worse I believe. Juniors not overly strong either..
Neighbors Caroline Springs and Hillside getting stronger probably doesn't help their cause.

There set up is not the best for footy. Yes good lights and change rooms but big open ground and social rooms more community like and to far from the ground. No improvements on the horizon either. Whereas East Sunbury has improved in a short space of time and built more like a footy club with new improvements in coming years to to improve their facilities..
Its all about the people Turbo good people in good results out. Enough said on this topic

I remember when Greenvale first entered the comp. they were loosing by 100+ most weeks and couple times by 200. Look at them now. It just takes time. Give BH at least 4-5 years before you judge them.

I remember when Greenvale first entered the comp. they were loosing by 100+ most weeks and couple times by 200. Look at them now. It just takes time. Give BH at least 4-5 years before you judge them.

Having Kent and his connections has been the difference between greenvale and the other newer clubs such as Roxy hillside Taylors lakes

I don't remember greenvale being shit... I remember them being a dominant B grade side back in the day when I first started playing open age footy

A lot of the problem seems to be playing for the coach. A lot of players and putting in piss weak efforts where others are willing to put their body on the line. Instead of the club buying jumping castles and worrying about their juniors as much, a little more money into the seniors, and getting experienced players with some class and real leadership would be a better option.

They definitely have some talented players they've picked up, that's not a question. So structurally, it just doesn't look like they've got them sorted for the season. I guess that comes down to training regime and training drills throughout the week though. A few more years for BH I say. If they can be competitive in a lot of games this year, it'd be an improvement. They just need to show some heart, which they haven't so far. Can't keep relying on a handful to put their bodies on the line for the jumper while others sit back and don't give a stuff.

A lot of the problem seems to be playing for the coach. A lot of players and putting in piss weak efforts where others are willing to put their body on the line. Instead of the club buying jumping castles and worrying about their juniors as much, a little more money into the seniors, and getting experienced players with some class and real leadership would be a better option.

They definitely have some talented players they've picked up, that's not a question. So structurally, it just doesn't look like they've got them sorted for the season. I guess that comes down to training regime and training drills throughout the week though. A few more years for BH I say. If they can be competitive in a lot of games this year, it'd be an improvement. They just need to show some heart, which they haven't so far. Can't keep relying on a handful to put their bodies on the line for the jumper while others sit back and don't give a stuff.

Sounds fair but I haven't seen them play though. But I'm sure they are paying peanuts to what senior players are getting paid so that can't be easy. I'm also guessing the coach is not highly paid. I do recall reading something last year that they didn't pay any players in previous seasons but we're going to pay some this season. Plus you need good 18s coming through as your building blocks..
Also keep in mind Deer Park are very close by and trying to entice juniors now due to the points system. So they have competition.
Hope it works out well for them..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds fair but I haven't seen them play though. But I'm sure they are paying peanuts to what senior players are getting paid so that can't be easy. I'm also guessing the coach is not highly paid. I do recall reading something last year that they didn't pay any players in previous seasons but we're going to pay some this season. Plus you need good 18s coming through as your building blocks..
Also keep in mind Deer Park are very close by and trying to entice juniors now due to the points system. So they have competition.
Hope it works out well for them..

Yeah, some players are down there still playing for peanuts, others aren't even getting paid. They definitely have some talent, something is going wrong on the field, that's where I say it comes down to the coach

You seem from your posts to be "in the know"
You mentioned in an earlier post lack of structures and fitness.
Given they have been training for six months what have they been doing ?
I haven't watched them for a while basically because they were crap and agree most just want them to be competitive.
You said most don't play for the coach , why not ? What are you seeing ?

You seem from your posts to be "in the know"
You mentioned in an earlier post lack of structures and fitness.
Given they have been training for six months what have they been doing ?
I haven't watched them for a while basically because they were crap and agree most just want them to be competitive.
You said most don't play for the coach , why not ? What are you seeing ?

Nah mate I'm not exactly in the know, I just know a few people involved at the club. From what I've heard there pre-season was just a whole lot of long running with not much interval training. From what I saw on the weekend, it was just a lack of desire and willingness to put your head over the ball, when you play for the coach, you do those things automatically. As for structures, just don't know how to stop an onslaught and set up in a way that combats what the opposition are doing around the ground and at each contest, let alone be attacking.

That's just my opinion. I really hope for their sake it improves over the course of the season. It'll be better for the entire league if they put up a fight each week.

Nah mate I'm not exactly in the know, I just know a few people involved at the club. From what I've heard there pre-season was just a whole lot of long running with not much interval training. From what I saw on the weekend, it was just a lack of desire and willingness to put your head over the ball, when you play for the coach, you do those things automatically. As for structures, just don't know how to stop an onslaught and set up in a way that combats what the opposition are doing around the ground and at each contest, let alone be attacking.

That's just my opinion. I really hope for their sake it improves over the course of the season. It'll be better for the entire league if they put up a fight each week.
Cheers mate good info
Be good to see them show something
but think they will get flogged most weeks.

Thought I'd chime in on this topic since I saw BH play ES two weeks ago. I also heard BH's coach talking up their "15 or so recruits" prior to the game. Things like that just don't make sense... Let the team on the field do all the talking. As for the "recruits" as well - they were not much chop. Think most of them were blokes that couldn't get a game from nearby clubs. Heard they are also paying quite a few players. One thing that set the two teams apart were BH players would kick the footy along the ground when it was on the deck whereas ES players would put their head over the pill to pick it up. Not sure its the soccer background of many of these players, or the fact that they don't want to get near a hardball.

Thought I'd chime in on this topic since I saw BH play ES two weeks ago. I also heard BH's coach talking up their "15 or so recruits" prior to the game. Things like that just don't make sense... Let the team on the field do all the talking. As for the "recruits" as well - they were not much chop. Think most of them were blokes that couldn't get a game from nearby clubs. Heard they are also paying quite a few players. One thing that set the two teams apart were BH players would kick the footy along the ground when it was on the deck whereas ES players would put their head over the pill to pick it up. Not sure its the soccer background of many of these players, or the fact that they don't want to get near a hardball.
Yeah massive difference between recruits you target and entice to your club , whether that be $$ , job Mates whatever but guys that will enhance your team to blokes that rock up to get a game of footy.
A few wouldn't get a game at wrfl 2nds in there lower divisions yet here they are labelled recruits.
Massive difference.

Yeah massive difference between recruits you target and entice to your club , whether that be $$ , job Mates whatever but guys that will enhance your team to blokes that rock up to get a game of footy.
A few wouldn't get a game at wrfl 2nds in there lower divisions yet here they are labelled recruits.
Massive difference.

Yeah that's the thing. There are a handful of blokes who are decent recruits with a decent playing history in the EDFL, and a few other from WRFL and E/NFL but need a lot more pure quality can't rely on a handful

KP win by 6 pts in a close tussle. Bit of confusion after the game as the scoreboard was not manned property and the scores showed KP 66 v RP 72 on the siren. However the goal umpires convened in the middle of the ground and added things up and said KP by 6pts.
It was ordinary on a big night and a big crowd that the scoreboard was not updated during the qrt, but even worse was seeing a Roxy player and a couple of supporters very close to the umpires argueing the point. I think the Roxy player was reported by the goal umpire and the league won't tolerate that behaviour. Now when the scores are 58 a piece at 3/4 time and KP kick the first 2 goals of the last qrt that's already 70pts. Oh well it's div2 and maybe some people just like to argue but surely someone from both teams knew who actually won and the goal umpires are the final decision not a kid in a scoreboard. The medals went to KP #52 and RP #7.
The game was close all game and played in good spirits by both teams. In the end I think the difference was KP players willingness to go in harder and put there head over the ball more than the Roxy players as well as playing more direct footy through the middle when Roxy always seemed to go wide. The last qrt was a bit scrappy.
It was disappointing to see a lot of supporters bringing there own alcohol and some of the language on the hill behind the goals was pretty disgusting. Then after the game when teams were waiting for the presentation of the medal some idiot comes running in and yelling some disgusting words. Seriously it's about time these people are kicked out of clubs as it doesn't take much for something to flare up after a tight game played in good spirits.

Are KP seroius contenders now they have knocked off MV and Roxy. They are very courageous and have players who are composed when it matters.

I thought the umpires were good and controlled the game well. And the goal umpire was very cool after the game in a tense situation..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back