EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Have seen a copy of the div2 fixture and not sure it's all that fair as some clubs play teams 3 times and a lower side from last season is scheduled to play EK 3 times who have came down from div2.

So EK who were competitive in Div 1 come down and play KP and East Sunbury 3 times?

MV make finals and play ES, BH & KP 3 times?

KP win 2 games and finish second bottom and have EK, Roxy and MV 3 times.

How hard is it to have the top 4 play 3 times and bottom 4 play 3 times. Surely that's how it should be done and easier?

I see it says draft so you'd hope that's what it is.....that above is ridiculous and unfair for the bottom teams.

So EK who were competitive in Div 1 come down and play KP and East Sunbury 3 times?

How hard is it to have the top 4 play 3 times and bottom 4 play 3 times. Surely that's how it should be done and easier?

I see it says draft so you'd hope that's what it is.....that above is ridiculous and unfair for the bottom teams.

True mate. Think the EDFL really need to step up otherwise they seem to be going backwards lately..

Have East Sunbury recruited well ? They seem to be on the right track and should again improve on their performance from 2015.

Big numbers at training. New recruits. Will improve on W/L ratio in 2016.

How's Burnside going? Glad to see that the club didn't opt for the easy way out and move to the WRFL.

If you are going to play finals football and maybe even win the flag, you are going to have to play and beat the better sides anyway. I understand what you are saying but if a top 4 team lose alot of players and drop away then they too could say they are hard done by.
The draw is the draw and the league obviously know what's best (hahahahahahahahahahaha)

But really, someone is always goin to think they are disadvantaged or are goin to be advantaged by the draw. The bottom line is, you play whoever shows up on Saturday and do everything you can to win. Then if your good enough, all the power to you. If your not, you just keep working your butt off to get to that level.
Only my opinion. On another note, EK Have being training hard for the past5 weeks, from all reports and from what I have seen, they are looking good to go.
Cant wait for the season to start, there is only so much work one man can do in his back yard before he goes crazy

If you are going to play finals football and maybe even win the flag, you are going to have to play and beat the better sides anyway. I understand what you are saying but if a top 4 team lose alot of players and drop away then they too could say they are hard done by.
The draw is the draw and the league obviously know what's best (hahahahahahahahahahaha)

But really, someone is always goin to think they are disadvantaged or are goin to be advantaged by the draw. The bottom line is, you play whoever shows up on Saturday and do everything you can to win. Then if your good enough, all the power to you. If your not, you just keep working your butt off to get to that level.
Only my opinion. On another note, EK Have being training hard for the past5 weeks, from all reports and from what I have seen, they are looking good to go.
Cant wait for the season to start, there is only so much work one man can do in his back yard before he goes crazy

Any names on who EK have picked up or have they lost many?

Heard that EK have lost a few players? Not sure who they have picked up? Their captain is training at Marby apparently.
Only confirmed departures that I know of are Brown and Neville. Who are both about as useful as **** on a bull. The impact on them leaving will be the same as the impact they had on the field in 2015.
ZERO
Apparently, Roberts is training elsewhere and the coaches, club and players are furious as he has signed a contract.
The ins far out weigh the outs. But like everyone else you will have to wait until Round 1 to see who they are. Cant spoil all the surprises. Where's the fun in that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only confirmed departures that I know of are Brown and Neville. Who are both about as useful as **** on a bull. The impact on them leaving will be the same as the impact they had on the field in 2015.
ZERO
Apparently, Roberts is training elsewhere and the coaches, club and players are furious as he has signed a contract.
The ins far out weigh the outs. But like everyone else you will have to wait until Round 1 to see who they are. Cant spoil all the surprises. Where's the fun in that
Please don't speak on behalf of the East Keilor FC, as you clearly have no idea about the clubs feelings towards players or there movements. We have lost a couple of players but I can guarantee you that the things you are writing about our feelings towards these players are utter crap. So until you get a clue, it's probably best to just not say anything.

Please don't speak on behalf of the East Keilor FC, as you clearly have no idea about the clubs feelings towards players or there movements. We have lost a couple of players but I can guarantee you that the things you are writing about our feelings towards these players are utter crap. So until you get a clue, it's probably best to just not say anything.
I know a lot more than you think! Actually told by one of the coaches about the feelings towards Roberts, so I can tell you that its fairly solid info. So how can you "GUARANTEE" that its crap. I would put my house on it that my info is solid and holds up. Straight from the horses mouth. I know you say "our" and "we," but I think its you who is talking rubbish.
From everyone I have spoken to at and around the club, they are furious at the Roberts situation. That is fact!!!!

As someone who has played with Roberts he has spent his life at the club and may have needed a change of scenery and a bigger challenge.

Last edited:
I know a lot more than you think! Actually told by one of the coaches about the feelings towards Roberts, so I can tell you that its fairly solid info. So how can you "GUARANTEE" that its crap. I would put my house on it that my info is solid and holds up. Straight from the horses mouth. I know you say "our" and "we," but I think its you who is talking rubbish.
From everyone I have spoken to at and around the club, they are furious at the Roberts situation. That is fact!!!!
I don't think you know anything personally, and I know for a fact you don't know as much about the club as you claim. And as for being told by a coach, please.
It is 100% untrue about the clubs feelings towards Deano, it was always the agreement that if he wanted to try play at a higher standard, the club wouldn't stop him. So no, we are not furious. He has being a solid member of EK for a long time and we wish him all the best. Hope that is cleared up.

As for you not knowing as much about the club as you state, and the fact that I say "we" and "our," I can say this because my user nam clearly states who I am. Everyone calls me Fitzy and I wear number 13, for East Keilor. If you were around the club as much as you claim, trust me, you would know that.
As for being told by a coach and how I can "GUARANTEE" that you are speaking crap. I can guarantee you weren't told this by a coach because I am one of them you flog.
As I stated if you were around the club so much, you would know me. My name is Sean Curtis and I am the playing assistant coach at East Keilor. So I suggest you crawl back under your rock and not come out until you have something productive to say. Which I doubt will ever happen. Or you can inbox me and tell me who you are and we can chat about it in person at training tomorrow night. I know you will be there
I don't want the house you wagered either. You shouldn't offer up your mothers house like that

I don't think you know anything personally, and I know for a fact you don't know as much about the club as you claim. And as for being told by a coach, please.
It is 100% untrue about the clubs feelings towards Deano, it was always the agreement that if he wanted to try play at a higher standard, the club wouldn't stop him. So no, we are not furious. He has being a solid member of EK for a long time and we wish him all the best. Hope that is cleared up.

As for you not knowing as much about the club as you state, and the fact that I say "we" and "our," I can say this because my user nam clearly states who I am. Everyone calls me Fitzy and I wear number 13, for East Keilor. If you were around the club as much as you claim, trust me, you would know that.
As for being told by a coach and how I can "GUARANTEE" that you are speaking crap. I can guarantee you weren't told this by a coach because I am one of them you flog.
As I stated if you were around the club so much, you would know me. My name is Sean Curtis and I am the playing assistant coach at East Keilor. So I suggest you crawl back under your rock and not come out until you have something productive to say. Which I doubt will ever happen. Or you can inbox me and tell me who you are and we can chat about it in person at training tomorrow night. I know you will be there
I don't want the house you wagered either. You shouldn't offer up your mothers house like that

And fitzy goes bang
Game set match.
6-0 6-0 6-0

Here here! Could not have said it better myself.

Good work for standing up for the club Fitzy. Just to clear up, maybe you could give an insiders wrap on the ins and outs for EK in 2016 so far and if you see the club being the main contender in Div 2 for 2016.

Fitzy weren't you the player that signed a 2 year contract with North Footscray and pulled the pin on the 2nd year of your contract last season, and East Keilor payed your contract out. Mate your credibility is zero

Fitzy weren't you the player that signed a 2 year contract with North Footscray and pulled the pin on the 2nd year of your contract last season, and East Keilor payed your contract out. Mate your credibility is zero
Same bloke anderson. Fair few holes in your story though. You can always private message me and we can go through it over a beer if your willing to tell me who you are. Or stay behind your keyboard and keep posting half truths. I would never say no to a beer and a chat about footy. I do however find it unlikely that I will hear from you.
As for my credibility, I think considering the topic was about EK and as im apart of the club, that my credibility on the topic wouldnt be in question. But I guess everyone has an opinion, even on things that have nothing to do with them. So run along and be apart of the fairytale.
Footy fanatic, we have lost a handful of players and we wish those leaving the club all the best. No one likes to lose players, but thats modern football. We are confident the players coming in can cover our loses and hopefully even pick up more to improve on last year.
I do think we are doin enough to be be a force in 2016 and we are happy with where we are at. But only time will tell and im sure all the other div 2 clubs believe they are doing enough. Should be a great season. I cant wait to get cracking.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back