EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I wouldn't mind a decent reply. From what I heard people were not playing 1s and rather playing 2s. I just want to know what the problem was.
I've always said if I ever feel I've taken the boys as far as I could that I would step down as coach for the benefit of the club. This is not anything personal it's about the bears moving forward. It was a choice that was made on my beliefs

I've always said if I ever feel I've taken the boys as far as I could that I would step down as coach for the benefit of the club. This is not anything personal it's about the bears moving forward. It was a choice that was made on my beliefs
And everyone that played ones and deserved a spot played ones. No one played 2s by choice

Yeah I wouldn't mind a decent reply. From what I heard people were not playing 1s and rather playing 2s. I just want to know what the problem was.
There is always going to be speculation on why I left but that is the honest answer. Remember Burnside is a young club still finding their feet and I know everyone is quick to jump on and say they are bad but a good strong club isn't built overnight it takes time and they are heading in the right direction

There is always going to be speculation on why I left but that is the honest answer. Remember Burnside is a young club still finding their feet and I know everyone is quick to jump on and say they are bad but a good strong club isn't built overnight it takes time and they are heading in the right direction

Raff, for the rest of the year who can you tell us to keep an eye on at the Bears? Any names that would really help this club over the next 6 months ON the field? Obviously the leadership group is important, any other players vital to getting this season back on track?

Have always hoped this club would do well...just seems it's taking a lot longer than expected

Raff, for the rest of the year who can you tell us to keep an eye on at the Bears? Any names that would really help this club over the next 6 months ON the field? Obviously the leadership group is important, any other players vital to getting this season back on track?

Have always hoped this club would do well...just seems it's taking a lot longer than expected
Yeah Luke ford Matt karapoglou hope I spelt that right Nathaniel Dave and Steve Miller and Dion Allesi are all new players and when they are fully fit they will make the team stronger unfortunately they aren't 100% yet due to injuries but will be big for the team when they are

Don't want to make it sound like I was throwing you under the bus just heard it from a few mates of mine that are down there. If you believe your decision was the best thing then that's a good thing. At least you didn't try drag it out
No mate never felt like that. Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that but I've always been the type to always say if you want to know something just ask

Yeah Luke ford Matt karapoglou hope I spelt that right Nathaniel Dave and Steve Miller and Dion Allesi are all new players and when they are fully fit they will make the team stronger unfortunately they aren't 100% yet due to injuries but will be big for the team when they are

Thanks for that mate, appreciate the insight. Do you have any intentions to coach again next year, and will you be looking to bring any players from Burnside with you if you do coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know you personally but it's strange a coach steps down 4 games into a season because they can't take them any further.. Surely you knew this before the season or decide at the end of the season. Only reason I would agree with your decision is "if" there is a better person available.
I personally think Burnside are is trouble and unlike other new clubs are not run by experienced footy people or businessman. There junior program isn't the best either and seem to be constantly involved in issues. So the question is do they have good leaders running the place..

Thanks for that mate, appreciate the insight. Do you have any intentions to coach again next year, and will you be looking to bring any players from Burnside with you if you do coach?

I'm guessing not many clubs would chase a coach who leaves into a season. It's calling coaching suicide. You jump off a bridge you don't return. Simple..

The itch to coach is always there i will just enjoy watching footy for now and make that decision later in the year

I don't know you personally but it's strange a coach steps down 4 games into a season because they can't take them any further.. Surely you knew this before the season or decide at the end of the season. Only reason I would agree with your decision is "if" there is a better person available.
I personally think Burnside are is trouble and unlike other new clubs are not run by experienced footy people or businessman. There junior program isn't the best either and seem to be constantly involved in issues. So the question is do they have good leaders running the place..
To answer that question it isn't what's there
I'm guessing not many clubs would chase a coach who leaves into a season. It's calling coaching suicide. You jump off a bridge you don't return. Simple..
Again I felt the decision I made was made for the right reasons whether it's coaching suicide or not is irrelevant as for why the decision was made now and not at the start or the end of the season well is irrelevant I decided that if change was going to happen it needed to happen and not let it drag out. Again you all seem to think this is about me it isn't football clubs are always bigger than the individual and it doesn't bother me if it hurts my career in coaching because again I coach to teach and for the love of the game not to gain glory

To answer that question it isn't what's there

Again I felt the decision I made was made for the right reasons whether it's coaching suicide or not is irrelevant as for why the decision was made now and not at the start or the end of the season well is irrelevant I decided that if change was going to happen it needed to happen and not let it drag out. Again you all seem to think this is about me it isn't football clubs are always bigger than the individual and it doesn't bother me if it hurts my career in coaching because again I coach to teach and for the love of the game not to gain glory

Have loved your openness and willingness to answer these questions mate. Credit to you, a lot of blokes wouldn't.

From where you sit, what is the most important thing for Burnside right this minute. Would it be experienced players? More money to achieve success at senior level instead of junior level?

Debatable I guess. Depends on his motives for leaving. If he left so the club can move forward and get a coach in for the next season and they can prepare for the rest of this season, good on him. It allows the club to fast track what would take place in 6 months time.

He might've heard rumours he was gonna get the flick at the end of the season and thought he'd do it himself.

I like the move to be honest.

Have loved your openness and willingness to answer these questions mate. Credit to you, a lot of blokes wouldn't.

From where you sit, what is the most important thing for Burnside right this minute. Would it be experienced players? More money to achieve success at senior level instead of junior level?
Obviously more experience would be great but the way the club is doing things is right they are building a future and slowly the budget will get bigger and we all know with more money it will he easier to attract more players. As for the juniors well that's really up and about you don't have to be Einstein to know it is strong at junior level just head down to Burnside on a Tuesday or Thursday and have a look at both ovals juniors are strong

Obviously more experience would be great but the way the club is doing things is right they are building a future and slowly the budget will get bigger and we all know with more money it will he easier to attract more players. As for the juniors well that's really up and about you don't have to be Einstein to know it is strong at junior level just head down to Burnside on a Tuesday or Thursday and have a look at both ovals juniors are strong

Yeah, fair enough. Will you continue to get down and watch Burnside or will you completely cut ties now?

So after an 'independent investigation' (forgot to actually investigate tho) , KP have retained the points after their loss to Roxy in the ANZAC day clash. Amazing!

Lol haha very true a investigation that never happened. Pretty disgraceful club Kp are. They lost and they accept the win says a lot. It's shows what they stand for.
So after an 'independent investigation' (forgot to actually investigate tho) , KP have retained the points after their loss to Roxy in the ANZAC day clash. Amazing![/QUOT

Lol haha very true a investigation that never happened. Pretty disgraceful club Kp are. They lost and they accept the win says a lot. It's shows what they stand for.

From what I'm hearing it ain't over yet......as far as Roxy are concerned, more to come.
Also pencil in round 10, 18th June when KP travel to Roxy.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back