EDFL magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

If your umpire calls free inside the opponents 50 you would loss by more ,and then you guys would say we need to work harder on the track so when you play finals you are a better side.But because your umpire cheats he gets you closer than you should be, like a few points loss eg Cora lynn.So you think we dont need to work any harder cos we lost by 3 points.But come finals thay get called inside opp 50, and you end up with the result like sunday.

I think what Kenny is trying to say is that if your umpire gives you a free ride during the year, come finals time when you have impartial umpires, you are at a disadvantage. If you beat or narrowly lose to the top teams with your umpire refusing to give the opposition a free kick, this gives you a false sense of where you are at compared to the other 13 teams in the competition. We are quite happy for our club umpire to give us the rough end of the stick at times because it gives us good experience come finals time. Hopefully in years to come, more people decide to take up umpiring so that we can have impartial umpires, until that time it may be in some teams best interest to tell their club umpires not to be so one-eyed when umpiring a game.

How are you blokes shaping up for this week Beljak? With a few key players back for the ones this week you should have some good players coming back to the magoos yeah? Confident you can knock over Catani?

Ok, i know some will read this and disagree with me or even come back at me with their own simplistic small minded opinion but i don't care. After playing in the twos against koowee on the weekend and being on the ground hearing some of the smart arse comments made from the umpires, i am ashamed and embarrased to even say i know both of these guys outside of football. The amount of ppl that commented to myself and others about the poor decisions made on the sunday really favours the fact that they did an extremely poor job. Koowee's inability to kick straight probably highlights that they should have won by more and im not saying that the umpires won the game for them but from a players perspective, to be pushed in the back or even blatantly tripped in front of an umpires vision and to have them smile at you and call play on (actually did happen) is a mentally frustrating thing for players to try and maintain focus on the game at hand. For some of the koowee boys to even comment and yes, i quote "What have you guys done to these umpires" really highlights that maybe they did a very poor job.

Ok, i know some will read this and disagree with me or even come back at me with their own simplistic small minded opinion but i don't care. After playing in the twos against koowee on the weekend and being on the ground hearing some of the smart arse comments made from the umpires, i am ashamed and embarrased to even say i know both of these guys outside of football. The amount of ppl that commented to myself and others about the poor decisions made on the sunday really favours the fact that they did an extremely poor job. Koowee's inability to kick straight probably highlights that they should have won by more and im not saying that the umpires won the game for them but from a players perspective, to be pushed in the back or even blatantly tripped in front of an umpires vision and to have them smile at you and call play on (actually did happen) is a mentally frustrating thing for players to try and maintain focus on the game at hand. For some of the koowee boys to even comment and yes, i quote "What have you guys done to these umpires" really highlights that maybe they did a very poor job.
Some ump's who don't get the big game get upset and pissed off, just like us and do the worst job thay can do.Bit like senior guys getting droped to the 2nd's some take it on the chin so don'tand thay crack it , same as umps that's my view.Think if the umps don't train during final's thay get droped .thay don't alway's have the best doing the 1sts,bit like Ian b a few year's ago, good ump but didn't get the top gig on the last saturday

I must admit the umpires in the NNG two's game were the best i've seen all year, at any level. Did a fantastic job, and made such a difference to the overall spectacle of the game.

How are you blokes shaping up for this week Beljak? With a few key players back for the ones this week you should have some good players coming back to the magoos yeah? Confident you can knock over Catani?

Won't know much until Thursday night or maybe as late as Saturday morning. With possibly all of Sheen, Donaldson, Davey and Horazcko coming back into the ones we will be significantly boosted. But not one of these guys is a definite as yet. Big one for us 2's is Horazcko, he plays ones and our captain comes back to the 2's, we really missed him out of the middle against Nilma last round and with Catani havng a bloke like Nibbs running around in the 2's that could be the difference. If we play at our best we know we can beat anyone, especially if it is wet and windy like it was last time we played them.

If NNG get up over KWR today then they will smash Catani next week. They had absolutely nothing yesterday. Catani didn't fire a shot again.

Catani winning in the ones will probably help NNG's chances you'd think. Apparently they were able to drop a few back if they were bundled out. Still, NNG would need to improve a bit on this weeks performance to beat them i'd say.

Yeah I heard chop and Tymo were two of them.

I heard a whisper that Donno might play in the two's GF for Cora Lynn if their ones make it, can anyone verify this?

Yeah I heard chop and Tymo were two of them.

I heard a whisper that Donno might play in the two's GF for Cora Lynn if their ones make it, can anyone verify this?

Whats the go there? I keep hearing all isnt well with him and some people at the club and only plays when they need him.

Doesnt look very interested to me at all. Wonder whether he will play this week. They probably need him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you go on saturday Tumble?.If you did should he be droped.

I was there for the first three quarters. Donaldson started on the bench and spent a large part of the first quarter there. He was clearly restricted in his movements but he is still a quality player and can win matches of his own boot.

Not sure what his injury is but I would definitely have him in the team. He will be better in dry conditions.

I was there for the first three quarters. Donaldson started on the bench and spent a large part of the first quarter there. He was clearly restricted in his movements but he is still a quality player and can win matches of his own boot.

Not sure what his injury is but I would definitely have him in the team. He will be better in dry conditions.
Well everyone on this site would love to have him.Didnt he kick 8 goals in last year's granny.

Yeah they were extremely Sheen conscious down there on Saturday. A few times on noticed Davey alone and they kicked to Sheen outnumbered. Then Davey spent most the third quarter on the bench, that was a bit weird. I am pretty sure the coach will be drilling into them during the week that there are other targets down there.

Yeah they were extremely Sheen conscious down there on Saturday. A few times on noticed Davey alone and they kicked to Sheen outnumbered. Then Davey spent most the third quarter on the bench, that was a bit weird. I am pretty sure the coach will be drilling into them during the week that there are other targets down there.
How did nng second's go on the weekend they seem to be the team to beat from most people on here.

hope your right Kaiser, one week at a time though.

Went ok kenny, without being exceptional. Still won by 7 goals though. Still haven't beaten a team above them yet, big chance this week to get that monkey off the back, should be full strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back