EDFL magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

The twos side that Cora Lynn will be putting out on the park this week is ridiculous. Would have definitely beat Nyora, Ellinbank and Buln Buln senior teams this year.

Do you think Mick Dillion will miss out on a game Beljack?

There both big calls to make,

Point One- I think if we played at our or near our best we would beat Ellinbank and Buln Buln, but I think Nyora would just get over us. They still have a couple of quality players. Is it a blight on the depth of our competition that this would be a possibility?

Point Two- I believe that Mick Dillon will be safe. He still has a role to play in the backline with his general leadership back there. I certainly hope I am playing the quality of football he is playing with at his age.

Donaldson, Dowsett, McKewan, Kris Johnson and another player out of this weeks senior side.

Dowsett and McKewan played, Johnson is handy but Donno would dominate 2's with decent delivery.

I thought NNG were the best side this year but I guess we have always struggled with them in the 2's and always done well against cora lynn.

Dowsett and McKewan played, Johnson is handy but Donno would dominate 2's with decent delivery.

I thought NNG were the best side this year but I guess we have always struggled with them in the 2's and always done well against cora lynn.

When we played you a couple of months back Leo we were in the middle of a massive form slump, ever since we beat Catani in rd 12. We hadn't played good footy for 4 quarters since. Round 13 lost to the dusties by a goal after being completely outplayed for the first 3 quarters, Round 14 we thumped Lang Lang in the second half, round 15 we beat Neerim after being behind at half time, round 16 Nyora we won by nearly 5 goals after being up by 9 points at 3qtr time, rd 17 Poowong we won by 89 points after only being up 8 points at half time. Rd 18 Nilma Darnum we won by 3 points despite being outplayed in 80% of the game. If we can play 4 qtrs of good footy NNG will not get close, if we don't then it will be a close contest. A big worry for us is if we include all these blokes who have been playing seniors how does that affect our cohesiveness.

Its really only Donno who hasnt played, Dowsett and McKewan have been playing almost all year in the twos havent they? You wouldnt play Parke, Haynes, Nicols and Donno all in the forward line would ya, Donno would get the ball most of the time.

We never looked like beating you i dont think but did play well, always do on that ground.

I hope so, but never say never.

You said it twice....

Geez - lot's of in's there for Cora Lynn. NNG struggled on Sat. I thought Catani were home. Then bang, bang, bang, bang. Once they were down Catani not sure what to do.

Its really only Donno who hasnt played, Dowsett and McKewan have been playing almost all year in the twos havent they? You wouldnt play Parke, Haynes, Nicols and Donno all in the forward line would ya, Donno would get the ball most of the time.

We never looked like beating you i dont think but did play well, always do on that ground.

Dowsett and Johnson have only played 2 games in the 2's all year. Mcewan has played all year in the 2s beside rd 18 and the 2 finals. I think you are right and you can't play all 4 forwards in the one side. Haynes can play though, all comes down to what type of structure the seniors go with, then we can figure out what side we are going to put out on the ground.

Any delivery to donno will do in the 2nds he would have 2 player's on him all day and that will free up someone else.He will not play he playes vcfl 3 years ago.

One in this group could play half back i think so that may help.All are long kick's of the ball so who ever can kick it the longest may play back maybe donno didn't he once play on Ryan Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blair Lindstone will play on Donno. He won't kick 9. Blair is one of the best backmen I have played against.

I'm not sure about that Surkin, Blair has been killing them in the middle of late.. He would probably be there best match up for him, but not sure they'll want to take him out of the guts. Interesting one.

If you dominate the midfield then it doesnt matter who is on him. Cora lynn twos have a better forward line without donno but i reckon NNG are better in the midfield and run a lot harder. If they limit the supply they could cause an upset.

With donno he will get all the footy, what will this to do Nicols, Haynes and Parke who seem to play well together up the forward line?

Spot on Leo, I think NNG need to concentrate on keeping the ball going there way, rather than depleting the midfield or putting extra numbers behind the ball. That's why i think Lidstone will play in the middle again, but i could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back